The TV Thread

50 minutes ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

I just couldnt get back into the show. after watching the first 2 episodes i really lost all interest in the show,  dont really know why,  i thought the episodes were good, but once i stepped away i couldnt get myself to come back,  maybe others were the same way

I wasnt hooked for a few episodes.  A show like that requires time to get to know the characters.  But I did become hooked.  The connection between music and action/emotion was tremendous.

Anyone watch Orange is the New Black Season 4 yet?  Just finished last night.  I thought the first episode was pretty boring but it turned into a really good season.

I know I'm late to the party but I finally got around to watching Letterkenny last night. I don't remember the last time I laughed that hard at anything. Growing up in a small town, this was a pretty great little snapshot of that life... 

• 2 weeks later...

I thought we started a Making a Murderer thread but maybe not.  Anyway, some interesting news.

A neighbor claims he saw the victim's Rav4 driving onto the Avery property a few days before it was found.  It was using the back entrance and was accompanied by a white Jeep.  The Jeep then exited but the Rav4 did not.  The neighbor is certain its the Rav4 in question because of its color and make.

He also claimed its impossible for the search members who found the Rav4 on Avery's property to have done so as quickly as they did.  He said he had bought parts from the Avery's and even when told which row and where the car was, it would take him ages to locate.  This has been a area of suspicion before, that the volunteers went right to where the Rav4 was located.  The woman who found it was related to the victim, was a PI and claimed she was "guided by God".

The neighbor also says he observed Manitowic County police (the ones who were banned by court order from investigating) entering the property down the back road, past a police barricade, the night before the keys were discovered.

• 2 weeks later...

Speaking of...

Netflix today announces that Executive Producers / Directors, Laura Ricciardi and Moira Demos, are in production on new episodes of the Emmy-nominated MAKING A MURDERER. The new installments will take fans of the acclaimed documentary series back inside the story of convicted murderer Steven Avery, and his co-defendant, Brendan Dassey, as their respective investigative and legal teams challenge their convictions and the State fights to have the convictions and life sentences upheld.

This next chapter will provide an in-depth look at the high-stakes post-conviction process, as well as, the emotional toll the process takes on all involved. The episodes will offer exclusive access to Avery’s new lawyer Kathleen Zellner and Dassey’s legal team, led by Laura Nirider and Steve Drizin, as well as intimate access to the families and characters close to the case - Latino Review

• 2 months later...

started watching Luke Cage last night (entire seasons up on Netflix/Kodi) about to start episode 5, so far it's been alright all in all, though while I liked Juice (Theo Rossi) in Sons of Anarchy, I'm havin a hard time buying into his character "Shades" in this so far.  But I did like the back story episode, as I've never really followed Luke Cage, and at the height of my marvel days in the early 90s he was more known as Power Man

Image result for luke cage pics

Just now, Taynted_Fayth said:

i watched it the other night. very confusing at first but got better as the show progressed, definitely worth watching episode 2

Thats exactly what I thought too.  I was ready to turn it off after about 20 minutes but Im glad I stuck with it.  It's interesting, to say the least.  One thing that was very cool was the old west style music was actually modern music played on old pianos, violins etc.  For example, Paint It Black and I think a Metallica song.

Just finished watched the 6 episode season 1 of Gangland Undercover (History channel show) that was a really great watch, and apparently season 2 is right around the corner. If you like Sons of Anarchy you'll def like this show

**edit: my bad says seasons 2 started sept 26 which is good news! 6x 45 mins episodes was not enough! lol

Edited by Taynted_Fayth

20 minutes ago, Logan007 said:

I'm enjoying Luke Cage so far.  I'm sure he'll start using Power Man moniker once he's part of the Defenders.

I finished watching it yesterday and I enjoyed it but it fell off in the last couple of episodes I thought. Won't spoil anything but just lost some of it's appeal based on where they went with the story in my opinion. Still liked it more than Daredevil, but again the 2nd season of that started out really well and fell off after the punisher stuff became a secondary focus. Jessica Jones probably still my favourite one they did on Netflix and that's probably purely based on the villain. 

apparently Rosario Dawson is scheduled to be in Iron Fist as well. saw a post that made sense saying her character will likely be the tying force between DD, Luke Cage, Iron Fist and Jessica Jones for the Defenders to which i give a big ol meh. Could honestly live without her in these netflix shows lol.

That said I watched the first episode of Jessica Jones i dunno like a year ago and passed. Is she in that show too? Is it even worth watching?

Edited by Taynted_Fayth

10 hours ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

apparently Rosario Dawson is scheduled to be in Iron Fist as well. saw a post that made sense saying her character will likely be the tying force between DD, Luke Cage, Iron Fist and Jessica Jones for the Defenders to which i give a big ol meh. Could honestly live without her in these netflix shows lol.

That said I watched the first episode of Jessica Jones i dunno like a year ago and passed. Is she in that show too? Is it even worth watching?

No way, I think she's great in the series.  When I saw her in Luke Cage, I thought, I bet she's the one that brings them all together to form the Defenders.  She's going to be like their Professor Xavier or Nick Fury.  The one that brings them together and pushes them to use their powers to do good.

some people say Jessica Jones is the best of all the Marvel Netflix stuff. I watched one episode, and while it was really good, it was just so dark...I needed to take a break. I want to go back to it, but just haven't had the time yet.

I dont mind dawson as an actress, Kids was a great movie when i was younger. That said, her character in the netflix superhero shows irks me the wrong way, maybe more so in Luke Cage. She's just a nurse yet always got the need to run right in there with what ever super heros shes got the hots for and for whatever reason the super heroes dont even care for the most part. No, "you should stay here, it's going to be dangerous" nope just lets go!