Kevin Glenn has requested a trade

Mike

No rush on this for anyone other than the rEdBlAcKs (this is how I will type this from here on), so as far as I'm concerned they can wait it out until he's released, which ultimately would have to happen given the two QB salaries. Too bad for Glenn as he should have earned some respect for the past number of seasons play, unfortunately I don't think respect is in Desjardin's vocabulary ...

No rush on this for anyone other than the rEdBlAcKs (this is how I will type this from here on), so as far as I'm concerned they can wait it out until he's released, which ultimately would have to happen given the two QB salaries. Too bad for Glenn as he should have earned some respect for the past number of seasons play, unfortunately I don't think respect is in Desjardin's vocabulary ...

Debatable whether they have to release Glenn due to salary.

They would have inherited his Calgary contract, where I believe it was heavily based on playing time since he was signed to be the veteran backup there.

Glenn would still be making decent coin, just not QB starter money if he doesn't start.     The question is can they afford that with the truck load they paid Burris.

Ottawa could easily afford Glenn's salary. The problem with keeping Glenn is that Ottawa will then have three disgruntled Quarterbacks which is something I assume an expansion team wouldn't want.

Burris would only be disgruntled if he was benched

Dont see Glenn here in Winnipeg to be honest. Not via trade. We just dont really have anything to offer them.

However, if no other team is offering anything, and I doubt they are, because pretty obvious Glenn wont play for Ottawa, the REDBLACKS will be forced to release him.

You dont want that in the locker room on a new team in year 1. This has disaster for Ottawa written all over it really.

No team it seems will trade for the guy and the ones that might, i dont think they are offering much at all.

They dont have too, Hey... heres the thing, you think other GMS want to help out desjardins and ottawa? I dont think so, Ottawa had their choice of guys to chose from.

You think Wally is happy that they took demarco from him? You think Huff is happy they took Glenn? Nobody will help ottawa out.

The way i see it, Ottawa either trades him for basically nothing or they release him. I dont see Glenn in Ottawa this year at all. I dont see him here either.

But... If im a GM and im talking to Ottawa, i offer them pretty much nothing cuz really, i dont need Glenn that bad, Not as badly as ottawa needs to get rid of him.

Dont care what anyone says, Glenn in Ottawa is a huge disaster waiting to happen, That locker room could become quite toxic with Glenn there.

Ottawa pretty much screwed the pooch on this one, They had a valuable piece in Glenn who could have gotten them a few pieces, but... Now that everyone knows Glenn wants out, I doubt they get much if anything for him and will be forced to release him. Similar to the Mike Kelly situation, We all know MK wanted Glenn gone, he even said so, tried to trade him but couldnt cuz teams knew if we didnt trade him, we'd just release him. Thats what happened. Its happening again except this time, Its glenn who wants out and not the coach or GM who wants to send him packing. When a player says he wants out, well, there is no reversing that. He is either gonna be traded or released, my money is on being released cuz other teams know exactly that. Why trade for him when you could sign him as a free agent, cuz ottawa cant trade a guy who other teams know will be released. This is the CFL, there are 9 teams now, its not the NFL, this is a small brotherhood of sorts here. Why trade for him when you could get him for basically nothing when Ottawa is forced to release him.

Dont see Glenn here in Winnipeg to be honest. Not via trade. We just dont really have anything to offer them.

However, if no other team is offering anything, and I doubt they are, because pretty obvious Glenn wont play for Ottawa, the REDBLACKS will be forced to release him.

You dont want that in the locker room on a new team in year 1. This has disaster for Ottawa written all over it really.

No team it seems will trade for the guy and the ones that might, i dont think they are offering much at all.

They dont have too, Hey... heres the thing, you think other GMS want to help out desjardins and ottawa? I dont think so, Ottawa had their choice of guys to chose from.

You think Wally is happy that they took demarco from him? You think Huff is happy they took Glenn? Nobody will help ottawa out.

The way i see it, Ottawa either trades him for basically nothing or they release him. I dont see Glenn in Ottawa this year at all. I dont see him here either.

But... If im a GM and im talking to Ottawa, i offer them pretty much nothing cuz really, i dont need Glenn that bad, Not as badly as ottawa needs to get rid of him.

Dont care what anyone says, Glenn in Ottawa is a huge disaster waiting to happen, That locker room could become quite toxic with Glenn there.

Ottawa pretty much screwed the pooch on this one, They had a valuable piece in Glenn who could have gotten them a few pieces, but... Now that everyone knows Glenn wants out, I doubt they get much if anything for him and will be forced to release him. Similar to the Mike Kelly situation, We all know MK wanted Glenn gone, he even said so, tried to trade him but couldnt cuz teams knew if we didnt trade him, we'd just release him. Thats what happened. Its happening again except this time, Its glenn who wants out and not the coach or GM who wants to send him packing. When a player says he wants out, well, there is no reversing that. He is either gonna be traded or released, my money is on being released cuz other teams know exactly that. Why trade for him when you could sign him as a free agent, cuz ottawa cant trade a guy who other teams know will be released. This is the CFL, there are 9 teams now, its not the NFL, this is a small brotherhood of sorts here. Why trade for him when you could get him for basically nothing when Ottawa is forced to release him.

Why you don't want Glenn here?

I very much doubt that there are any grudges held about the players selected.... Huff knew Ottawa was taking one of his QBs, just not sure which....

Also I would argue that trading for him might actually be beneficial to us or BC cuz then it comes with his "cap-friendly" salary....

I'll field that one. Fit for what we need other than pure skill. I'm not sold on the fact that Glenn would embrace a teaching role, 'I'll do what ever this organization wants me to do' mentality. He's already demonstrated that he wants to be the number 1 guy. Nothing wrong with that, just not here. He needs to be flexible. We need him to be a leader whether he plays or not. We need to revitalize the culture of wanting to be a Blue Bomber and I don't think Glenn would want any part of that. He's an athlete with great skills but not a leader in the truest sense. He's never demonstrated to me he can be a leader when it counts the most. He actually reminds me a bit like Cleo Lemon but with a lot more skill. My guess he's never professed to being one and takes care of number one. Fair enough, nothing against him personally but take your wares elsewhere. Just my perspective. 

I very much doubt that there are any grudges held about the players selected.... Huff knew Ottawa was taking one of his QBs, just not sure which....

just because they knew they'd lose players doesn't mean they're happy about it. You know a GM anywhere who is happy to lose players for nothing just so an opponent can get stronger? No I guarantee no one is going to be looking to help Ottawa after they lost people to an expansion draft. 

If Glenn is traded he won't be coming back to Calgary. Last night at the Stampeders Fan Forum, John Hufnagel was asked if he would like Glenn back in a trade. Huff was quite blunt. He said that he extended BLM & Drew Tate contracts & both got significant raises so he said he doesn't have the money in the 'quarterback budget" as he put it to bring Glenn back. Hufnagel said that he is very familiar with Glenn's contract as he negotiated it himself.

Hufnagel also said he signed Adrian McPherson to replace Glenn as he wanted another veteran qb on the roster. He said it remains to be seen if he fits into the Stamps offensive system & will find out at training camp. He said he's also more mobile than the other two so he brings another skill set to the team as a quarterback.

On a side note, Drew Tate said today that his injured shoulder is not 100% but he has learned to compensate physically for it when he throws thru his off season training program. Ya da, ya da, ya da, where have I heard this before from the guy? I think I know now why Huff signed McPherson. Tate won't last the season.

Doesnt really matter if i want glenn here or not, its just becoming quite apparent listening to the people in charge (walters, oshea etc) that glenn just isnt in the plans really. Doesnt really matter what fans want, we dont always get what we want and sometimes when we do and it doesnt work out, we like to crap on the team. Cant have it both ways. Do i want glenn here? not really, why? because been there done that. He's not gonna be the difference between winning a grey cup and not winning a grey cup. I just dont see Glenn fitting here, the way oshea and walters have spoken, its just leads me to believe that glenn isnt really that much of a priority really. Fact is, if they really wanted Glenn that badly, he'd probably already be here. He isnt and its mid april already. Oshea asked by irving if the 4 qbs at mini camp will be the ones at main camp, said its a very high possibility. The way i look at glenn is, does he want to be a mentor? does he want to even come back here? if the answer to both of those is yes, then ok. I'd have no issue with him being here but if the answer to either of those questions is no, then pass. I understand people fear the unknown and willy and those guys are unknown, but... at the same time, With glenn, you know what you get and unfortunately as much as some like to pretend, what you get with glenn, is when the going gets tough, glenn folds like a tent. He's proven it time and time again, If the goal is to just make the playoffs, maybe glenn is an option but.... if the goal is to win the grey cup, i dont see kevin glenn ever winning a grey cup. I dont see Kevin Glenn being the difference here between winning and losing. I do see him tho hindering the development of guys who could very well be better then him tho.