Collaros Released, Signs With Hamilton

Jpan85

Lawless just tweeted that Barker wanted our #2 overall pick for his rights.

Not even going to comment on how stupid he is because of bitterness, I'm just going to say that if that's what he wanted, that's an absolute mishandling of the situation.

If Walters had done that deal I'd have called him about buying the bridge here in Kelowna. Then I would have jumped off of it.

This is a totally random source but hey, here it goes.

Henry Burris is going to decide where he'll play next year by the end of the day today. It's either Winnipeg or Ottawa, so in all reality, it's Winnipeg. He's already been told he's being released, just paperwork needs to get sent to the league to make it official. So much for no tampering in the CFL, Winnipeg and Ottawa have already both talked to him? What a shock. ;)

The source is the cheerleader that he hits on every time he comes to Winnipeg. :lol:

Henry Burris is going to decide where he'll play next year by the end of the day today. It's either Winnipeg or Ottawa, so in all reality, it's Winnipeg. He's already been told he's being released, just paperwork needs to get sent to the league to make it official.

The source is the cheerleader that he hits on every time he comes to Winnipeg. :lol:

Thanks - that sounds like good intel. If those are the choices you are right, it will be Winnipeg.

Henry Burris is going to decide where he'll play next year by the end of the day today. It's either Winnipeg or Ottawa, so in all reality, it's Winnipeg. He's already been told he's being released, just paperwork needs to get sent to the league to make it official.

Right. "Hits on".

I can't throw her under the bus too much now, come on. Use your imagination.

Mike claims Zach didnt sign here because of our reputation.  I find that dubious considering none of the people from the last few years are year anymore.  Sounds stupid to me.  The better answer is Hamilton valued him more than the Bombers.

Right.  Because the franchise gained instant respectability the moment the old guard was ushered out, and the new guard ushered in.

It doesn't work that way.  We have to live with the fallout of the sins of Kelly, Mack, and Burke for as long as it takes us to show ourselves to the rest of the league as a destination; not a burial ground.

Penton is giving the impression that the Bombers have wanted Burris more all along (which goes along with his article).  Burris + Willy fits the vet + young guy model they want.

Would make logical sense... except that the Bombers reportedly offered the larger contract to Collaros.

But Penton championing "Plan B" is cute...

Henry Burris is going to decide where he'll play next year by the end of the day today. It's either Winnipeg or Ottawa, so in all reality, it's Winnipeg. He's already been told he's being released, just paperwork needs to get sent to the league to make it official. So much for no tampering in the CFL, Winnipeg and Ottawa have already both talked to him? What a shock. ;)

I mean this 100% when I say it... I believe her more than Penton after that ridiculous Plan B column today...

And if he does end up here... lucky her, I guess.

I don't care what 17 says Burris is a huge improvement over anyone we have had recently and he is durable and can provide some stability for the next two years as this club tries to get out of the gutter.

you clearly don't care because I've never said otherwise! I've said I'd rather go through a **** season like last year than cheer for Burris on my team, that's nothing about the guys talent level and simply a statement that he's a ******* ***** that I want no part of regardless of anything else. 

Mike claims Zach didnt sign here because of our reputation.  I find that dubious considering none of the people from the last few years are year anymore.  Sounds stupid to me.  The better answer is Hamilton valued him more than the Bombers.

Right.  Because the franchise gained instant respectability the moment the old guard was ushered out, and the new guard ushered in.

It doesn't work that way.  We have to live with the fallout of the sins of Kelly, Mack, and Burke for as long as it takes us to show ourselves to the rest of the league as a destination; not a burial ground.

A bigger problem than the credibility of the current regime is the fact that we've been changing regimes every couple seasons.

Face, meet the hand of bitching fate once again laughing at us.

Another blow to the psyche of the Winnipeg Football Fan.

Not necessarily because we lost on the bid on Collaros, but because we lost out again on a QB.

Although the circumstances are way different, I believe the loss of Reilly was worse because he's a better QB.

The loss of Collaros stings, but I believe he made a personal decision and for that, he can't be blamed. 

And we have options that don't include Buck.

As to Hamilton going all in on their QB stable…that still puzzles me, and nothing would please me more than watching Austin's unshaven face grimace with the realization that maybe Burris wasn't such a bad option after all.

Although the circumstances are way different, I believe the loss of Reilly was worse because he's a better QB.

The loss of Collaros stings, but I believe he made a personal decision and for that, he can't be blamed. 

And we have options that don't include Buck.

As to Hamilton going all in on their QB stable…that still puzzles me, and nothing would please me more than watching Austin's unshaven face grimace with the realization that maybe Burris wasn't such a bad option after all.

I agree with this. I can't articulate why, but I was way more certain that Reilly was going to be a legit qb compared to how I fee about Collaros. Same with Willy for that matter. I'd be happy with a Burris/Hall 1-2 punch heading into the season. Hall's only one year older.

I also agree that it would be fantastic to watch Austin struggle with his new wonderboy this season.

Reading the Ticats forums...lots of Ticat fans are upset that they just released Burris for an unproven rookie. 

To go with our organization now saying our plan b or c was always our plan a. Historically this is what most organizations do because their not going to promote a signing as their third choice.

Signing Burris seems to be a fore-gone conclusion. Reminds me of 1988 when we signed a washed up Roy Dewalt to be our starter as the era of Clements/Hufnagel had finally come to an end. I couldn't stand Dewalt given how many times BC had beaten us and I really couldn't stand seeing him in our uniform. The difference is that Dewalt was washed up by the time he came here and ended up being released during the season, while I think Burris is still able to compete. I was at the game in August where Hank thrashed us and man did he still have a gun for an arm. It's just the brain I am concerned with, he has a tendency to screw up at the worst possible times. You could see how fed up Austin was with some of Hank's bad plays during last season. And he can be a complete jack-arse and not much of a team guy, at least that's what it appears sometimes, maybe that's just a bum rap I don't know. But if he wins for us, all that will be forgotten. I'm just so tired of losing. Beyond tired.

Actually, this more reminds me of 1999 and Kerwin Bell: we've just gone through two very dark years with awful coaching and no quarterbacking, and now we're getting a 5000-yard a year vet who might not be the first choice of some but who is light-years better than what we had.  Hopefully the Khari Jones part of 1999/2000 will repeat itself as well.

I feel this franchise is lurching towards permanent joke/doormat status, like the Rough Riders of the 1980s - 1990s.  Hank might have clear deficiencies but I think he could stop the bleeding and help us turn the corner. (to mix metaphors horribly).

I also agree that it would be fantastic to watch Austin struggle with his new wonderboy this season.

There's one wonder boy and he's playing in Montreal.

Side note -

How funny would it be if Willy ends up signing elsewhere and we're left with Burris (if he even signs here) Hall, Goltz and Boltus.

Or perhaps it just might have something to do with playing for a team that's ready to compete for a championship now versus one a couple of years away. Just maybe  ;)

said it before, will say it again: "geography".

You mean that Hamilton is closer to his hometown than Winnipeg is ?

Most shocking thing I've ever heard.