Collaros Released, Signs With Hamilton

Jpan85

Darrin Bauming@DarrinBauming57s

MT @TSNScianitti: Collaros: "Who [Austin] worked with, obviously the number the QBs under him have put up... it was kind of a no brainer"

Ouch

Yeah I think the "no brainer" reference was to the time Austin spent coaching Bishop when he was the OC of the Argos.

I get the decision for Collaros to go to Hamilton.  His decision is made...it's done, let's get over it.

If we lose out on Burris too, I'm going to be rightly pissed.  And if Burris doesn't come here, what makes you think Willy will?  Someone else could easily ****** him up too.

This is starting to stink.

I get the decision for Collaros to go to Hamilton. His decision is made...it's done, let's get over it.

If we lose out on Burris too, I'm going to be rightly pissed. And if Burris doesn't come here, what makes you think Willy will? Someone else could easily ****** him up too.

Let's not overreact. I fully expect Burris to sign with the Bombers.

So there you go. We were never really in it. You can put the tin foil hats away now folks. Nothing Walters could have done.

No one blames Walters for this, Just goes to show what a **** show our team has become & how others in the CFL view it. Our new coaching staff does nothing to add any confidence that it's going to get better anytime soon. What a mess. 

Just for the heck of it, lets look at reality. If the Stamps have any real interest in Burris, we're in tough- it would cost Burris somewhere around $15,000 to live here VS living in his own home in Calgary.

For those who are bad-mouthing Burris consider this: in 2012, Burris threw for 40 touchdowns

Between 2012 and 2013, the entire bomber quarterbacking corps threw for.....29 touchdowns.

Maybe I'm just a spiteful person, but am I the only one who hopes that Collaros flames out in Hamilton now?

Me too and for Austin to struggle too.

Stay classy.

Every Bomber fan should hate Hamilton. 6 Grey Cup contest between each other. The 2001 and 2011 East Finals. The Boat Incident.

92 East Final when WPG fans pelted HAM's bench with snowballs was also memorable.

http://www.tsn.ca/cfl/story/?id=442555

“I can't wait to work with [Hamilton head coach Kent Austin], and the talent [Hamilton] already have on their roster,” Collaros told TSN Thursday, before flying to Hamilton for a team physical and press conference Friday morning.

“It wasn't a long process. It was kind of a crazy 24 hours. I couldn't be happier where I am,” Collaros said. “Coach Austin is an unbelievable coach.

“We talked pretty extensively, and he did a really good job of recruiting. Who he's worked with, obviously the numbers the quarterbacks under him have put up, and the success he's had winning games; it was kind of a no brainer when it came down to it.”

Nonetheless, Collaros's arrival in Hamilton does not necessarily mean he is automatically the Ticats starter.  Austin did not explicitly tell Collaros where he falls on Hamilton's quarterback depth chart, which still includes LeFevour, and Masoli, as well as former NFLers Stephen McGee and Brian Brohm.

“[Austin] really didn't discuss [who Hamilton's starter will be],” Collaros said. “It was just moreso:  ‘We want you here in Hamilton,' and ‘We think it's a good situation for you.'”

I get the decision for Collaros to go to Hamilton. His decision is made...it's done, let's get over it.

If we lose out on Burris too, I'm going to be rightly pissed. And if Burris doesn't come here, what makes you think Willy will? Someone else could easily ****** him up too.

Let's not overreact. I fully expect Burris to sign with the Bombers.

Yeah I know, I'm just gettin ansy.

All that praise for Kent Austin but never once thinks about the fact that Austin just dumped the qb who led the league in passing last season.... Guy doesn't really strike me as a guy who shows any loyalty to a player and if you do something he doesn't like you're gone.

All that praise for Kent Austin but never once thinks about the fact that Austin just dumped the qb who led the league in passing last season.... Guy doesn't really strike me as a guy who shows any loyalty to a player and if you do something he doesn't like you're gone.

That's what Wally used to do. When a player he felt was past his usefulness he released him. Like Allen Pitts & Geroy Simon. Almost the entire Stamps team from a period of 2000 to 2002. 

Austin tried twice to extend his contract and Burris turned him down. ....

And now back to the Austin Has No Loyalty Game.