Collaros Released, Signs With Hamilton

Jpan85

i wonder what people will say if Walters have traded for the rights to talk to him?

He hasn't. As per the thread title, Collaros was released.

i mean if walters traded for his rights earlier like weeks ago, then argos release him.

What?

If Walters traded for his rights, he wouldn't be Toronto's to release.

i wonder what people will say if Walters have traded for the rights to talk to him?

i mean if walters traded for his rights earlier like weeks ago, then argos release him.

if Walters had traded for him weeks ago then the argos wouldn't be releasing him because he would be bomber property and they would have had to release him. 

What?

I said 'rights to speak' to him just like Esks did to Reilly

What?

I said 'rights to speak' to him just like Reed did to Reilly

That's not what you get when you trade for the "rights to speak"

You inherit the contract. Not just the right to talk to them. You can't trade the ability to make a phone call.

Wow, interesting move by Barker. 

All I can conclude is that Barker realized that he was leaving anyway, and that he couldn't get a trade done.  No point in dragging it out.  Perhaps this will help the Argo's sign a neg-list QB or other prospect.

We will see if the Bombers have a legit shot at Collaros now.   Will he sign with someone quickly, or will it be drawn out?   How much NFL interest is there?   Does he sign now, as the only QB on the market with some playing time, or does he wait to see where he stacks up against other potential free agents coming out in 2 weeks (Willy, Burris) ?

The day just got interesting.

Will he sign with someone quickly, or will it be drawn out?   How much NFL interest is there?   Does he sign now, as the only QB on the market with some playing time, or does he wait to see where he stacks up against other potential free agents coming out in 2 weeks (Willy, Burris) ?

The day just got interesting.

It certainly did get interesting, I think he will sign with someone quickly to be honest. I think if things get drawn out teams might start to look at other options more seriously because why deal with a difficult signing when there are other options? The NFL is a wildcard but if it's CFL for Collaros I'd bet he's got a new team before the end of the week. 

Somebody on the Rider forum made a good point in that letting Collaros go now clarifies the FA picture so that while Toronto may not get anything for him, they may take another team out of the hunt for some of the guys they've targeted if money gets tied up in Collaros.