CFL Stuff..

Mr Dee

How can Hamilton sell that to their fanbase after a Grey Cup appearance?

Yeah I really think that Grey Cup appearance screwed up Austins plans. Think he was perfectly happy to part ways with Burris but now that they made the big game how can you possibly walk away from Burris? The fans would riot. 

How can Hamilton sell that to their fanbase after a Grey Cup appearance?

How can you sell Burris to anyone with one iota of football knowledge?

I guess that's the rub though.

Has he done anything but been effective everywhere hes played? Not to mention a GC last season and most potent offense in back to back seasons...

CFL Official Feed ‏@CFL 3h

HEADS UP! The Winter Edition of the #CFL Scouting Bureau Rankings will be released tomorrow at Noon ET. #CFLDraft

And Rod Pederson:

* Weston Dressler heads to Kansas City, Missouri today for his first-ever NFL tryout and it comes with the Kansas City Chiefs.  The workout is scheduled for Tuesday.

* The Winnipeg Blue Bombers plan to announce their full coaching staff by the end of January. (old news)

* The BC Lions may be getting ready to say their good-byes to receiver Nick Moore.  The pending free agent has worked out for Minnesota, Houston and San Diego.

* Montreal Alouettes Coach and GM Jim Popp may be eyeing the vacant GM's position with the Miami Dolphins.

* Jim Popp is a season ticket holder for the Carolina Panthers.

Wouldn't it be something if Popp left and Montreal had to hire a Head Coach and GM at this point of the year?

Definitely wouldn't be easy, though the Higgins suggestion makes sense.

Trestman left them looking for a head coach around this time last year, and they ended up with Dan Hawkins because of it.

Wouldn't it be something if Popp left and Montreal had to hire a Head Coach and GM at this point of the year?

Definitely wouldn't be easy, though the Higgins suggestion makes sense.

Trestman left them looking for a head coach around this time last year, and they ended up with Dan Hawkins because of it.

Would be a perfect time to get out of Dodge .. especially with Calvillo expected to announce his retirement .. don't see Popp leaving though.

Musings from rod Pederson:

- Rider GM Brendan Taman revealed linebacker Craig Butler is waiting for the free agency period to find out what his market value is.

I wonder about the depth of interest from the Bombers after finding this out. 

However, knowing how Taman feels about him and how Butler loves his bond with the RR's, I doubt anything comes of this.

- Tim Tibesar, who was a defensive coordinator with the Alouettes, is rumoured to be up against Gary Etcheverry for the Bombers' DC job.  Rookie Bomber coach Mike O'Shea must be agonizing over this decision because it's taking so long.  He has a very strong relationship with Etch which dates back to their days with the Argos.  

Seeing as Tibesar has become an entrant in the DC stakes only recently, I don't know if it is agonizing as much as waiting for Walter's return to announce this information next week.