CFL Stuff..

Mr Dee

Darren Cameron ‏@Darren_Cameron 4m

#Bombers announce signing of non-import wide receiver Julian Feoli-Gudino (Laval) and import defensive back Josh Francis (West Virginia).

Good to see a flurry of DBs being signed as i really felt underwhelmed at times last season.. interesting how many canadian receivers we are bringing in as well, anyone know.about this new one?

Feoli-Gudino has some pretty good credentials.  Played in the CIS from 2007-2011 and was drafted by the Argos in the 5th round.  He was a Vanier Cup champion with Laval in 2008 and 2010, and was the Vanier Cup MVP in 2008.  Led the CIS in receptions in 2008 with 65, which is the third highest single-season total in CIS history.  He also has the second most career receptions in CIS history with 238.  I think he was on the Argos' PR for the last two seasons... maybe made the active roster but I don't recall him getting any significant playing time.

Hamilton stadium is two weeks behind construction due to ice storm and problems with contractor. 

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/hamilton/news/ice-storm-delays-hamilton-pan-am-stadium-construction-by-2-weeks-1.2505133

Sounds familar with regards to weather delays.

Looking at the construction site - they still haven't even placed the prefab concrete for the upper deck on the one grandstand and haven't even begun installing seats -  I'm betting a September opening at the earliest. 

Good thing they kept those temp seats up in Guelph

Their construction camera on the Ti Cats website has been down since before Christmas. One Ti Cat fan who is a facebook friend of mine scolded me for asking if the stadium will get finished in time after he posted his own pictures a few days ago. He sounds like a lot of us did 2 winters back when rumours of construction delays here started to surface. I also check the weekly updates at the stadium in Ottawa on the City of Ottawaa website & it looks far, far from being completed as well.

http://ottawa.ca/en/city-hall/planning-and-development/transforming-ottawa/stadium

At least Hamilton won't have to wait a full year before they move into their stadium. 2 weeks or even 2 months delay is no big deal.

Ottawa's is looking real good and on time, actually makes me question how far long THF actually is.

Love Frenchie Pontbriand...that guy should have a checkered lumberjack's coat and toque as a uniform. One of our great, unheralded ST guys who never stops trying, no matter what. Wish more guys had his heart and determination.

Very interesting indeed..or more musings from Penton..

Kirk Penton ‏@PentonKirk  

No defensive co-ordinator for #Eskimos. Looks like Chris Jones will run his own defence.

If true, it makes sense, Jones has been known to be a bit of a control freak.