CFL Stuff..

Mr Dee

Would anyone like to see the PI rule changed to a 10 or 15 yard penalty and automatic first down instead of the current putting the ball where the PI occurred?

He had a significant injury and Calgary wanted to pr him or 9 game him. He wouldn't do it so they cut him and Mtl picked him up .

Wrong. At the time the Stamps released him they didn't know how serious his injury was because Pall wasn't scheduled for an MRI until a few days later. Hufnagel didn't want to put him on the 9 game if Pall wasn't seriously injured. Hufnagel said he thought he had an agreement with Pall that he would rehab in Calgary and then re-join the team.

So no jokes about Pall being 5th overall pick only for them to instantly cut him and Montreal signing him?

Or is it only Mack picks that can be forever mocked?

Not to mention that Wally used first round picks on two huge busts, Danny Watkins and Jamal Lee in consecutive years. For all of Joe Mack's issues, I thought his drafting was actually decent.

Every thread? Every #?!¿¡ thread? Come on guys, can we at least keep the mack bashing/defending to the mack and /or draft threads... Smh.

Nah, too much fun....

Pass interference should be where the infraction to place otherwise DBS and receivers, to a lesser extent will not hesitate to interfere if a pass is going deeper and are clearly getting beat. Teams should be allowed to challenge.

I agree, you turn it into a 15 yard penalty and you'll see defensive backs taking guys down when they get beat deep just to avoid the big play.

The call of pass interference is supposed to be made when illegally preventing a guy from catching a ball he legitimately has a chance to catch. Why would the penalty be any less than the result of actually in fact making that catch.

"Hulking"..... ok.  I don't really get why you would mention size in the tweet....

Winnipeg Blue Bombers have signed tiny running back Charles Roberts..... I am sure that would have gone over great back in the day had Twitter existed.

They're trying to drum up any interest they can.

Wouldn't be surprised if they have a presser for Brendan Dunn where he comes out and rips his shirt off before motioning to the crowd for them to get loud.

hulkhogan_02.jpg

Would anyone like to see the PI rule changed to a 10 or 15 yard penalty and automatic first down instead of the current putting the ball where the PI occurred?

I would. Limit the damage on a bad/stupid call.

That would be where the challenge idea comes into play.

Like others have said, we'd regularly see receivers being tackled on deep passes if the penalty was only 15 yards.

That would be where the challenge idea comes into play.

Like others have said, we'd regularly see receivers being tackled on deep passes if the penalty was only 15 yards.

Which would be in our favour as we don't throw any passes over 15 yards anyway, meanwhile we'd be able to give our secondary a chance to stop all of the long bombs. :)

Arash Madani ‏@ArashMadani 23m

Am told former #Argos WR Dontrelle Inman has signed with the San Diego Chargers. Inman got his #CFL release last month to pursue a NFL shot.

*Significant to Inman signing with the Chargers: He did receive a signing bonus. Vested interest for SD to give him a fair look

a bit off... but i thought you might be intersted... :D

Friesen tweets

Travel update: got to Ham via TO at 2:30 am. Woke at 4:30 to find my WJ flight to Wpg, via Calg, canceled. Stuck in the Hammer another day.

my response...

@friesensunmedia Just stay there and dont come back to 'Peg. @Wpg_BlueBombers fans will be very happy. Hope @Ticats fans will like you.

bombard him

:D :D :D

I don't think many have an issue with the length of the infraction if the PI call is legitimate.  It makes sense to keep it the way it is, but if you want to allow PI to be contested in some manner, it needs to be detailed what constitutes PI and what doesn't.  Specifically about when and what contact occurs on the player, and how to determine if the defensive player was trying to make a play at the ball.  They'll need to also examine what the effect may be on the tempo of the game, as some fans already have issues with the current delays challenges cause.  This will no doubt be something that they'll need to consider from multiple perspectives. 

IMHO, I think pi should be 15 yds and an auto 1st down. It should also be a "restricted" penalty. Currently, it is unrestricted, which means that a pi in the end zone gets placed at the one. If it were restricted, the ball would go 1/2 the distance same as most other penalties. Too many td's are virtually awarded over questionable pi calls in the end zone.

All I want to see from PI calls is consistency in the games. That is what frustrates fans and coaches and players. If something is PI on one play it has to be on all plays and if you're letting things go you have to let them go for everyone. 

You'll never have that, until the definition of what is and isn't becomes redundantly clear to everyone.  Even if you could challenge a PI, you need proper clarity of what your looking for.  

Another thing they really need to improve their judgment on is what actually constitutes a catchable ball.

Personally, I don't think it should matter if the ball is catchable or not.  Interfering with the receiver should be called even if it's on the back side of the play IMHO.  See the infraction.  Throw the flag would make it a lot easier call for the refs who have to make determinations in probably in less than a second.   It would also eliminate the 'but the ball wasn't even catchable' as well as the 'if he didn't interfere the receiver might have made it to the ball' arguments.  I know I'm going to see the 'It doesn't affect the play if it's away from the ball' argument, but thats just letting the DB's away with cheating and the receiver may have been part of the play, but the QB went to the next read because of the interference.   

I'd also like to see the offensive PI called more.  Lots of receivers push off while the ball is in the air and the almost never get called.

Another thing they really need to improve their judgment on is what actually constitutes a catchable ball.

Personally, I don't think it should matter if the ball is catchable or not.  Interfering with the receiver should be called even if it's on the back side of the play IMHO.  See the infraction.  Throw the flag would make it a lot easier call for the refs who have to make determinations in probably in less than a second.   It would also eliminate the 'but the ball wasn't even catchable' as well as the 'if he didn't interfere the receiver might have made it to the ball' arguments.  I know I'm going to see the 'It doesn't affect the play if it's away from the ball' argument, but thats just letting the DB's away with cheating and the receiver may have been part of the play, but the QB went to the next read because of the interference.   

I'd also like to see the offensive PI called more.  Lots of receivers push off while the ball is in the air and the almost never get called.

So call it illegal contact on a receiver.

I don't think they should ignore it if it happens, but call it properly. If a DB is manhandling a wideout but the ball is overthrown by a mile, then yeah .. it should be a 10 yard penalty, the ball shouldn't be placed at the spot of the foul.