CFL Stuff..

Mr Dee

I'm really hoping that Walters & Co. can find a way to entice Butler to come here. Seems to me whomever comes at him with the best offer will get him, although I'm sure having a winning product will help as well, so that's not really working in our favour. I'm really dreading the idea of having Cauchy back again.................

I'm really hoping that Walters & Co. can find a way to entice Butler to come here. Seems to me whomever comes at him with the best offer will get him, although I'm sure having a winning product will help as well, so that's not really working in our favour. I'm really dreading the idea of having Cauchy back again.................

Seems like he wants to go home to Southwestern Ontario.

Maybe AC will be our new Defensive Coordinator!

hope O'Shea will be able to convinced him to come here as our QB coach.

no thanks.

can you explain why Mike?

First of all, if Calvillo isn't going to coach in Montreal he's not going to coach anywhere this year.

Secondly, he's never been famous for his interest in helping other quarterbacks. He's probably one of the most selfish quarterbacks in the history of the CFL and I'm not sure he really has what it takes to be a positional coach. Smart enough to be a coordinator, but I don't think he fits the "teacher" bill O'Shea is looking for.

no thanks.

First of all, if Calvillo isn't going to coach in Montreal he's not going to coach anywhere this year.

Secondly, he's never been famous for his interest in helping other quarterbacks. He's probably one of the most selfish quarterbacks in the history of the CFL and I'm not sure he really has what it takes to be a positional coach. Smart enough to be a coordinator, but I don't think he fits the "teacher" bill O'Shea is looking for.

First reason makes sense.

Second reason not sure. I thought I read it somewhere that he helped the 3 youngsters in Montreal re the CFL game.

no thanks.

First reason makes sense.

Second reason not sure. I thought I read it somewhere that he helped the 3 youngsters in Montreal re the CFL game.

I think Calvillo is a hell of a QB, but his desire to finish every blowout and neglect the developmental reps for his backups is a huge red flag for me.

I think Calvillo is a hell of a QB, but his desire to finish every blowout and neglect the developmental reps for his backups is a huge red flag for me.

Was it Calvillo refusing to take a seat?  Or was it the coaches refusing to play McPherson et all?

Also I remember hearing that Calvillo didn't want people talking to him during games, he wanted to sit alone, and that this was an issue for Dan Hawkins.  That kind of aloofness is a bit of a red flag; doesn't sound like a coaching personality.

Was it Calvillo refusing to take a seat?  Or was it the coaches refusing to play McPherson et all?

I think it was a little of both. Trestman had said he was not comfortable taking AC out of games when they had big leads because of how quickly points could be scored in the CFL. You could say he took the "no lead is safe" slogan to heart.

To me, as the years went on, Calvillo seemed to  take on a more greedy persona. Didn't want to come out of the games, sitting by himself on the sidelines, seemed to be obsessed with smashing CFL passing records. Now, maybe I'm wrong & he is truly a great team guy but the perception was that he played for himself. last season, Under sad sack & clueless Dan Hawkins I think his true colours came out. The waving of the arms, pointing of fingers, the yelling on the bench, the pissed off body language on the field & refusing to take responsibility when the Als lost.... Dan Hawkins may not have been a good CFL coach when he was fired but AC did absolutely nothing & I mean nothing...to help him as his starting qb to become a better coach. Calvillo threw his former coach under the bus. That, more than anything made me lose a lot of respect for the guy. Still, I'd take him as a qb coach & see how he does.

To me, as the years went on, Calvillo seemed to  take on a more greedy persona. Didn't want to come out of the games, sitting by himself on the sidelines, seemed to be obsessed with smashing CFL passing records. Now, maybe I'm wrong & he is truly a great team guy but the perception was that he played for himself. last season, Under sad sack & clueless Dan Hawkins I think his true colours came out. The waving of the arms, pointing of fingers, the yelling on the bench, the pissed off body language on the field & refusing to take responsibility when the Als lost.... Dan Hawkins may not have been a good CFL coach when he was fired but AC did absolutely nothing & I mean nothing...to help him as his starting qb to become a better coach. Calvillo threw his former coach under the bus. That, more than anything made me lose a lot of respect for the guy. Still, I'd take him as a qb coach & see how he does.

Yeah, but wouldn't you be super pissed as well if some new coach came in and messed everything up on the field because you knew he was doing it wrong and wouldn't listen to anyone else?  I would be.

I'm not saying he doesn't point fingers, but the Hawkins thing probably made it worse then it was.

Throwing temper tantrums didn't help. He looked bad.

Again, when you're coming off a season where you went 11-7 with Trestman, and now dealing with some idiot new coach and you're losing.  People tend to start having tantrums.  Not saying the guy isn't a "spoiled brat" type personality, but people who like to win start acting like that when they lose.  Not saying it's right.

Darren Cameron ‏@Darren_Cameron 4m

#Bombers announce signing of non-import wide receiver Julian Feoli-Gudino (Laval) and import defensive back Josh Francis (West Virginia).

Good to see a flurry of DBs being signed as i really felt underwhelmed at times last season.. interesting how many canadian receivers we are bringing in as well, anyone know.about this new one?