"What If..."

Noeller

Wasn't saying Jones would come here, was saying I think Chris Jones among others is a better DC than Tim Burke. I think Rick Campbell is a better DC too.

it was Tim Burke's defense that brought this club to Grey Cup in 2011. Previous to that he's defense is in Grey Cup 3 consecutive years.

i admit he's a bad head coach but he's a very good defensive coordinator.

It seems to me, with all the propagating of the de facts, that no matter who is named GM, there will be those who will insist he is pulling the strings, even he names himself…

What would that be called?  Self-puppetry?

He can't win. No matter who is named what, and for whatever position, even if the hiring makes sense….they have already been labelled.

The labellers have done what they didn't want Miller to do.

i get why there's so much love for Khari in Wpg. 

but i think that some folks are allowing that to make them think that he's some saviour of a HC in waiting... i see no reason to view him as such.

he was a middling QBC in Hamilton, then he was so underwhelming an OC that he ended up a middling QBC for another team the following year.

i thought that the consensus here was that the Bomber Fanbase wanted someone proven... KJ is anything but proven.

The fact that Khari is the most rumoured name for the HC gig is depressing.

Burke is no longer needed here, IMO the new GM (which will most likely be Walters) should hire the HC, then the HC hires his own staff.

But that's not the Winnipeg way.

I haven't heard a single person on this site overly excited about Khari as HC.....not sure where Bluto's getting that from. I think the best I've seen so far is "Well, it might not be the WORST idea..."

Definitely nobody on this site is excited as Khari as a HC....  heck I wouldn't be thrilled with him as a OC either.    He has not proven anything yet IMO.  

Now I definitely can see why people are drooling over Dickenson that offense was well organized and performed very well with many different receivers going in and out of it on top of the other injuries they encountered.  I know it's pretty much impossible to think DD will come here but I definitely can see why people would get excited over him.

With Khari all i can think of is average performance in Hamilton and a sputtering offense in Saskatchewan that despite having some great receivers... they really were lackluster in the QB play.....

well... sorry to disagree with you guys, but so far from what i have seen:

Noeller, BlueandGold, iso55 and BVD are definitively anti Khari been hired.

ALuCsRED, sweep the leg, Jpan85, 17to85, The Unknown Poster, gbill2004, bricedream have all been intrigued by Khari as a hire and may not all be for it, but none were definitively against

Mr.Dee made a comment i couldn't parse... and Jimmy Popp would like to see if he wants to try a comeback under centre.

so yeah... on this forum (and others where it is being discussed), KJ is a candidate.

is he a candidate for Miller and Walters? dunno... but i think he'd have been brought up at the very least.

I haven't heard a single person on this site overly excited about Khari as HC.....not sure where Bluto's getting that from. I think the best I've seen so far is "Well, it might not be the WORST idea..."

Definitely nobody on this site is excited as Khari as a HC.... heck I wouldn't be thrilled with him as a OC either. He has not proven anything yet IMO.

Now I definitely can see why people are drooling over Dickenson that offense was well organized and performed very well with many different receivers going in and out of it on top of the other injuries they encountered. I know it's pretty much impossible to think DD will come here but I definitely can see why people would get excited over him.

With Khari all i can think of is average performance in Hamilton and a sputtering offense in Saskatchewan that despite having some great receivers... they really were lackluster in the QB play.....

Here lies the problem with past GMs and many fans. We see a good OC or DC and hire them to be HC and are then surprised they failed. Or see Khari who's offense wasn't very good as OC. The competencies and qualities required of a HC and Coordinator are very different. Not saying Khari will be a great HC or Dave Dickinson would be a poor one, but the hiring process of a HC needs to be done with Head Coach qualities in mind.

It's like taking a great doctor and promoting them into management because of their technical skills, then wondering why they failed as a manager. The two jobs require very different skill sets. Same with a head coach compared to coordinators. A head coach needs to be a leader, motivator, decisive and have good people management skills. Their technical football skills are secondary. This is why I think Khari might just be a good head coach.

I'm hoping Wade Miller will use his skills as a recruiter to realize this.

I don't know that Khari was all that terrible as an OC in Hamilton though... It's not like they ran him out of town, they just changed their head coach to someone who happened to be a bit of an offensive guru so that made for changes in the whole coaching staff. 

Basically I have no idea whether or not Khari is any kind of quality HC candidate or not, all I know is that seeing him in green is just wrong and it's high time he comes home in some capacity. 

Wasn't saying Jones would come here, was saying I think Chris Jones among others is a better DC than Tim Burke. I think Rick Campbell is a better DC too.

it was Tim Burke's defense that brought this club to Grey Cup in 2011. Previous to that he's defense is in Grey Cup 3 consecutive years.

Swaggerville in Winnipeg and AC in his prime in Montreal being the bigger reasons than Tim Burke. While in Montreal due to Calvillo+Cahoon and co., any defensive coordinator would of had it easy.

Swaggerville in Winnipeg and AC in his prime in Montreal being the bigger reasons than Tim Burke. While in Montreal due to Calvillo+Cahoon and co., any defensive coordinator would of had it easy.

They called themselves Swaggerville in '10 as well, and had minimal roster turnover the next year. With Reed they were average at best. Burke made them great in 2011.

1. Don't think he's the best DC in the CFL. I'd take Chris Jones over him for one.

2. Optics of such a move are brutal.

3. Don't think he has enough credibility in the locker room anymore.

4. Too much potential for conflict.

The Chris Jones point is moot. Why would he leave Toronto for a lateral move?

Well, when he left Calgary it was a lateral move. As was Tim Burke coming here.

1. Don't think he's the best DC in the CFL. I'd take Chris Jones over him for one.

2. Optics of such a move are brutal.

3. Don't think he has enough credibility in the locker room anymore.

4. Too much potential for conflict.

The Chris Jones point is moot. Why would he leave Toronto for a lateral move?

Well, when he left Calgary it was a lateral move. As was Tim Burke coming here.

no it wasn't. he got an extra title and authority.

Bluto, when Jones was in Calgary & after Barker left he took on more scouting & personnel work to go along with his defensive coordinator position. He also was going to be in charge of the free agent camps the Stamps were running. So, I believe it was a lateral move  to be with his friend Scott Milanovich.  

Bluto, when Jones was in Calgary & after Barker left he took on more scouting & personnel work to go along with his defensive coordinator position. He also was going to be in charge of the free agent camps the Stamps were running. So, I believe it was a lateral move  to be with his friend Scott Milanovich.  

When he was in Calgary he was an assistant player personnel guy. In Toronto he's assistant GM. That's a promotion.

When he was in Calgary he was an assistant player personnel guy. In Toronto he's assistant GM. That's a promotion.

A paper promotion

All things being equal I'd be happy with Khari as OC.  When I first heard the rumour I thought it was BS.  I said "no way the Bombers hire inexperienced people after whats happened here" but it *is* the most persistent rumour.

Someone asked why Miller isnt just named President of Football Ops and keep Walters as Asst. GM?  A smart boss always gives himself one degree of separation.  When things go south, Walters will be the fall guy.