Arash Madani: Miller Trying to Force Rick Worman On Walters

Noeller

I just wanna take a couple seconds and mention that people are losing their minds here over a bunch of rumours......

I was just starting to write this when your post popped up.

We should just have a rumour of the day thread where all the latest juicy gossip has a place to fester and grow.

That way we wouldn't have to wade through unnecessary real news.

I just wanna take a couple seconds and mention that people are losing their minds here over a bunch of rumours......

I was just starting to write this when your post popped up.

We should just have a rumour of the day thread where all the latest juicy gossip has a place to fester and grow.

That way we wouldn't have to wade through unnecessary real news.

Say what you want about Arash's personality, he is extremely reliable. 

Say what you want about Arash's personality, he is extremely reliable. 

Wasn't necessarily talking about Arash, but there's room for him too.

Was that a play n words? Wade thru unnecessary real news? Good one Dee

I tried "miller" through unnecessary real news….but it didn't have the same oomph.

Oh No!    Miller makes a phone call based on his personal relationship to Chris Walby about trying to fix our inept O-line.   

God forbid... 

Look the  normal  chains of command this season have been blurred due to the extenuating circumstances.  Next year will be clearer once the GM and the President are permanently staffed.   

More from Madani:

#CFL sources: Wade Miller tried to bring Chris Walby onto the #Bombers coaching staff when he took over as CEO. Got push back. No hire.

Makes sense. He was a great player, and for the last 20 years has been a pharmaceutical sales rep. Therefore he's ready for professional coaching. 

Well, maybe Walby could bring along the right kind of party favours to perk players up?

It is only starting to sound that way because of what's being said on fan boards.

The season has just ended and the only moves being made are the ones in rumours from the twitter world and the foggy world of some posters' imaginations.

while i do agree with you, nothing at this point would surprise me.. im not going to get the torches ready until something concrete is done.. but to be honest, dunigan as GM doesnt scare me as much as it should for some reason.. with walters as AGM, I would easily be on board.. khari as HC... thats scary lol

Khari as HC wouldn't be too bad IMO if he had two veteran coordinators. Rick Worman, Craig Dickinson and Kavis Reed would be plenty of experience.

It is only starting to sound that way because of what's being said on fan boards.

The season has just ended and the only moves being made are the ones in rumours from the twitter world and the foggy world of some posters' imaginations.

while i do agree with you, nothing at this point would surprise me.. im not going to get the torches ready until something concrete is done.. but to be honest, dunigan as GM doesnt scare me as much as it should for some reason.. with walters as AGM, I would easily be on board.. khari as HC... thats scary lol

Khari as HC wouldn't be too bad IMO if he had two veteran coordinators. Rick Worman, Craig Dickinson and Kavis Reed would be plenty of experience.

I agree.  Khari's strengths would be that he is a former QB, is very charasmatic, a good ambasador for the team, appears that he'd be a good leader/motivator and players would want to play for him, and it would also excite fans and help with selling tickets.  Downside is a lack of experience (he's only been in coaching as an OC and QB coach for 5 years), but like you say, that can be addressed by hiring experienced coordinators. 

I agree.  Khari's strengths would be that he is a former QB, is very charasmatic, a good ambasador for the team, appears that he'd be a good leader/motivator and players would want to play for him, and it would also excite fans and help with selling tickets.  Downside is a lack of experience (he's only been in coaching as an OC and QB coach for 5 years), but like you say, that can be addressed by hiring experienced coordinators. 

To be fair Cory Chamblin was only a coach for 5 years and never had played in the CFL

I'd rather they hire or select the gm before picking a coaching staff.

Walby... I'd like to see guys like him as guest coaches or maybe assistants. Some guys like him could command respect and actually motivate the players. More coach Harris like guys would be nice.

To be fair Cory Chamblin was only a coach for 5 years and never had played in the CFL

To be fair, Chamblin walked into a relatively comfy gig in Saskatchewan that was no where near as bad as what is waiting for the new guy here.  Khari doesn't seem to be a guy ready for that kind of adversity yet. 

To be fair, Chamblin walked into a relatively comfy gig in Saskatchewan that was no where near as bad as what is waiting for the new guy here.  Khari doesn't seem to be a guy ready for that kind of adversity yet. 

They were 5-13. There defense was a mess. I'll give you they had a quarterback but no running back, lacked quality import WRs offensive line was a mess.

They were 5-13. There defense was a mess. I'll give you they had a quarterback but no running back, lacked quality import WRs offensive line was a mess.

Record aside, the structure of the team and the front office were still fairly sound.  The foundation was there to build off.  The term "comfy" is used loosely, but still, it was a far better circumstance to walk into. 

My first reaction is that Khari's lack of HC experience would be a liability, but with good, experienced assistant coaches, it might be all that bad. Khari has banked a lot of goodwill here in the 'Peg and is both intelligent and presents himself well. So, maybe....

Would Pinball Clemons be a good comparison if Khari is hired as head coach here?  Pinball never struck me as a tactician, although I could be wrong about that.  He struck me more as a motivator.  HIs players would go the distance for him.

Were the offensive and defensive coordinators, and positional coaches throughout Clemons' tenure as coach experienced to help him out?  Maybe Bluto can give us some insight on Clemons time as coach with the Argos. 

Not sold on Khari as a head coach necessarily, but the support Clemons had as a head coach could serve as a template.

Would Pinball Clemons be a good comparison if Khari is hired as head coach here?  Pinball never struck me as a tactician, although I could be wrong about that.  He struck me more as a motivator.  HIs players would go the distance for him.

Were the offensive and defensive coordinators, and positional coaches throughout Clemons' tenure as coach experienced to help him out?  Maybe Bluto can give us some insight on Clemons time as coach with the Argos. 

Not sold on Khari as a head coach necessarily, but the support Clemons had as a head coach could serve as a template.

Well Stubler was teh DC there for most of Pinballs time right? He's one of the more experienced guys around so he definitely had someone to lean on there. I forget who else was on those coaching staffs but they were most likely quite experienced as well. If guys like Burke and Stubler and Marshall have taught us anything it should be that being a good coordinator and being a good head coach are entirely different beasts. 

More from Madani:

#CFL sources: Wade Miller tried to bring Chris Walby onto the #Bombers coaching staff when he took over as CEO. Got push back. No hire.

Shawn Churchill @ShawnChurchill 2m

Blue bombers acting CEO Wade Miller says he has never tried to hire Chris Walby despite reports

More from Madani:

Arash Madani@ArashMadani1m

Shawn Churchill ‏@ShawnChurchill 2m

Blue bombers acting CEO Wade Miller says he has never tried to hire Chris Walby despite reports

whaaaaaaaaat?! the media jumping the gun and causing widespread panic? nooo way! never happens..

not too shocking really.. kinda why i figured it was best to wait for confirmation before automatically calling for millers head..