Arash Madani: Miller Trying to Force Rick Worman On Walters

Noeller

I think that he's making a lot of reasonable decisions that will probably appear as conflicts of interest, but that doesn't necessarily make them bad choices.

If Buchko brought in Worman or Fisher, I wouldn't be complaining. So why would I complain if Miller does it?

As long as he's capable of making both kinds of hires, I'm fine.

I get that in business you work with whom you know and trust. And although I know Wade part-owns Elite, who knows -- maybe it will be Fish who gets paid by the BB, not Elite Performance.

That would be reasonable in my opinion, optics notwithstanding. 

To me what is more troubling is the about-face on meddling in football ops. Two months ago he said he wasn't going to. Now he is. 

If he wanted to be GM why didn't he lobby for that job?

I think that he's making a lot of reasonable decisions that will probably appear as conflicts of interest, but that doesn't necessarily make them bad choices.

If Buchko brought in Worman or Fisher, I wouldn't be complaining. So why would I complain if Miller does it?

As long as he's capable of making both kinds of hires, I'm fine.

I get that in business you work with whom you know and trust. And although I know Wade part-owns Elite, who knows -- maybe it will be Fish who gets paid by the BB, not Elite Performance.

That would be reasonable in my opinion, optics notwithstanding.

To me what is more troubling is the about-face on meddling in football ops. Two months ago he said he wasn't going to. Now he is.

If he wanted to be GM why didn't he lobby for that job?

He has always maintained that he would be involved in football decisions... there has been no about-face.

Why appoint yourself GM, as CEO u can have it all.

Don't blame Miller.  The Board knew exactly what they were getting when they hired him.  He is a hands-on guy, he's not just going to sit in the background.  If you don't like it, blame the board for hiring him, don't blame Miller for doing exactly what he said he'd do.

Actually I'm pretty sure he said he would not be interfering in football ops decisions when he was originally hired. So yes it would be an about face

Pretty sure?  Let's see the quote then.

I swear  I read that too -- one of the earlier Freep interviews (not the later one)? -- shouldn't be hard to check, if someone has the Google chops. 

Actually I'm pretty sure he said he would not be interfering in football ops decisions when he was originally hired. So yes it would be an about face

Pretty sure?  Let's see the quote then.

I swear  I read that too -- one of the earlier Freep interviews (not the later one)? -- shouldn't be hard to check, if someone has the Google chops. 

I thought I remembered him actually saying that in the press conference video with him and Walters when he was hired.  I will look it up now.

I remember when Jeff was with the bombers and all the love for him. So in theory I don't mind. I think the bigger issue is the appearance of conflict of internet on Miller's part.

We are all likely a little over sensitive but who can blame us. It's probably true that managers bring in their own people all the time but we don't want any sense of cronyism or conflict around the team. We're tired.

Didn't miller state emphatically that he would not interfere in Football Ops? And now he admits he will. Maybe miller will end up being the best CEO ever. But it certainly gives me a reason for concern.

He said from the start that they will make decisions with input from everyone. That was of the problem before was one guy was making the decisions (Mack) with no input.

Ok, so Miller's quote is:

Miller:  Kyle's in charge of running the football operations, and working in that.  And this is a change that this organization is going through where we actually work together, and proper people are making the right decisions, now, in charge of players who's playing each week.  And we're getting to that process of getting the roles defined where we can all work together.

Media: Will you have some input on that...who's playing each week?

Miller:  Absolutely not.  Not my role.

Media: Coaching staff?

Miller: that's for the head coach and Kyle to decide.

Miller:  Kyle's in charge of running the football operations, and working in that.  And this is a change that this organization is going through where we actually work together, and proper people are making the right decisions, now, in charge of players who's playing each week.  And we're getting to that process of getting the roles defined where we can all work together.

Here's the link for the press conference where he said that. Starts around 7:40.

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/sports/football/bombers/walters-in-charge-for-now-would-the-last-person-with-interim-in-his-title-please-turn-off-the-lights-219526201.html?device=mobile

Ok.  Miller hasn't made any coaching or player decisions (that we know of) so still not sure where he has done an about-face.

To me it would ludicrous if Walters found the QB he wanted to bringing in a he did not talk it over with Miller before he pulled the string.

You think Buono clears things like that with Braley (or whomever has the CEO position in BC). Or Huffer with whomever?

I bet there is conversation.

To me it would ludicrous if Walters found the QB he wanted to bringing in a he did not talk it over with Miller before he pulled the string.

You think Buono clears things like that with Braley (or whomever has the CEO position in BC). Or Huffer with whomever?

Probably goes like this:

Wally: I want to bring in this QB for Benevides to work out. 

Braley et al: Yes Wally. 

Wally: Shut up. Just kidding. But really, shut up. 

Probably goes like this:

Was not talking about bringing in a third string practice squad quarterback. I am talking this offseason when we go after the guy to be #1. If you don't think there are conversations between all members in a professional organization when major decisions are made I think you need to give your head a shake.

Probably goes like this:

Was not talking about bringing in a third string practice squad quarterback. I am talking this offseason when we go after the guy to be #1. If you don't think there are conversations between all members in a professional organization when major decisions are made I think you need to give your head a shake.

It was a joke buddy. Chill. 

Of course there are conversations, just like any workplace.

I'm just saying, I can pretty much agree that Wally has the final decision in those matters and that a CEO, former special teams assassin or not, would have to let Wally make those calls. 

Terrible comparison. Buono is a hall of fame coach and gm, Walters is acting GM of a failing organization. Miller would be irresponsible to give Walters the same freedom as Buono gets.

Missing the point, again. 

Miller is putting the message out there that he is a hands-on kind of guy. Potential GM's with winning ways can read the tea leaves and see the potential to lock horns.

That was Pentons point and I agree.  

Terrible comparison. Buono is a hall of fame coach and gm, Walters is acting GM of a failing organization. Miller would be irresponsible to give Walters the same freedom as Buono gets.

Miller is putting the message out there that he is a hands-on kind of guy. Potential GM's with winning ways can read the tea leaves and see the potential to lock horns.

No you're missing the truth...that you have a vendetta against Miller...it's splashed all over your posts

No you're missing the truth...that you have a vendetta against Miller...it's splashed all over your posts

Nothing against Miller. I have BIG issues with how our club has been managed. I want him to be different. So far, it hasn't been. 

Quit trying to psychoanalyze people over the internet.