Arash Madani: Miller Trying to Force Rick Worman On Walters

Noeller

according to the Bombers twitter feed, the CFL has mandated that no coaching/management changes can be made until after the Grey Cup

I believe that's during Grey Cup week…not including the weeks up to then. They just don't want the attention of a hiring or firing detracting the most important week of the year.

And as for the Bombers the 3-5 weeks covers hirings…not necessarily firings.

The concerning thing about that interview is how Miller says they have lots of time... I'm not sure he does. There's 2 other teams looking for coaches and at least one other team looking for a qb (maybe another depending on what Hamilton is doing with Burris) Taking this long to decide makes it harder to get ahead in those regards especially when those other teams already have a GM in place. Little more urgency is needed from Miller here I think. 

Just because things aren't made "offical" at the moment, doesn't mean that there is not plenty being done. I would seriously doubt that Miller and Walters are sitting around chewing on Buck's chips.

The Edmonton media thought it was very strange that the Esks sent out a press release first thing in the morning so it is possible they fired Reed before the league issued the mandate.

The mandate has always been the week of the Grey Cup.

No it hasn't. From the Sun from Nov 8 2012 about Chip Garber

The Blue Bombers would neither confirm nor deny the firing had taken place, apparently abiding by a media embargo memo the CFL has sent out in an effort to keep the focus on the 2012 playoffs.

I don't like that rule. The week of the GC sure I get that but the rest of the month?  Ridiculous. Just as ridiculous as having the expansion draft in mid December & not late January when teams  will have new management & coaching in place.  Let CFL teams do what they need to do the first 3 weeks in November. But wow, a team announcing a firing the week of the semi finals? Blasphemy!!

I don't like that rule. The week of the GC sure I get that but the rest of the month?  Ridiculous. Just as ridiculous as having the expansion draft in mid December & not late January when teams  will have new management & coaching in place.  Let CFL teams do what they need to do the first 3 weeks in November. But wow, a team announcing a firing the week of the semi finals? Blasphemy!!

I'm having the hardest time finding any information on the memo about the league mandate on trades etc.

All I can find is there is 'trade window' after the Grey Cup and the roster freeze date leading up to the Dispersal Draft.

But nothing about hiring and firing now, leading up to the playoffs.

Anybody?

according to the Bombers twitter feed, the CFL has mandated that no coaching/management changes can be made until after the Grey Cup

Thats ludicrous!  Edmonton fired their coach. 

Yeah, but maybe they got in shat for it.

Wouldn't be surprised. It's really no surprise that Hervey would thumb his nose at the mandate since he's the same guy who announced the signing of Willis a minute after the start of FA, didn't make his final cuts from TC known to the public until well after the deadline and every other team had, and so on.

It is a memo circulated to the teams by the cfl office. It does pertain specifically to the week if the grey cup. The notion of that being the entire focus should be simply that of the grey cup.

Yes, just GC week not the entire month of November. Sorry but what that twitter message said was bull****. Coaches get fired in November after the season is over. They have before in the past.

It is a memo circulated to the teams by the cfl office. It does pertain specifically to the week if the grey cup. The notion of that being the entire focus should be simply that of the grey cup.

Yes, just GC week not the entire month of November. Sorry but what that twitter message said was bull****. Coaches get fired in November after the season is over. They have before in the past.

Correct. It's always been GC week only. Which makes sense. 

Props to the Eskimos for getting a jump on their re-build. 

I dont even look at this from the standpoint of the team wanting to move on.  If you have multiple teams knowing they are going to fire staff and you ban them form doing so for a month, that leaves a lot of people twisting in the wind and thats not really cool.

If Burke says to Walters "are you going to fire me?" whats Walters to do, say "I can't tell you"?

Silly.

Thank you. As someone has stated it would be unfair for coaching staffs that are likely not to get rehired to be left in the dangling for the month of Nov.

....which means we are either strongly considering retaining Burke or an an organization we don't know our arse from our elbow. 

Both options cause me great concern.