Arash Madani: Miller Trying to Force Rick Worman On Walters

Noeller

So now close counts in football? As people have stated the record is the record is the record....ain't horses shoes, atom bombs, ballroom dancing, hand grenades or turd fights....close doesn't cut it.

Don't agree. That 4-14 team was competitive and  enjoyable to watch. They were better than their record, in the same way next years team was not as good as the first half of the season indicated.

I bet Worman is in addition to Moll. We've been talking about adding more scouts, so it's probably guys covering different areas. I really get the impression this team is gonna spend more money in different departments. Bringing Fish on board and adding a scout....good stuff!! Go Blue!!

I bet Worman is in addition to Moll. We've been talking about adding more scouts, so it's probably guys covering different areas. I really get the impression this team is gonna spend more money in different departments. Bringing Fish on board and adding a scout....good stuff!! Go Blue!!

Madani said Worman was being brought in as Director of Player/Personnel. That's Ken Moll's current title.

Fisher coming back would be MASSIVE for the organization. Doug Brown has sworn up and down that the day Fish left to do his own thing, is the day the organization started the downhill slide post-Ritchie....

Gimme a break. They are buddies and DB works out in his gym for free.

Fish hasn't worked in a professional team setting in 10 years -- and in that field, being current matters. 

Don't believe all tire-pumping you read. Its friends helping friends.

LOL - Is there ever a post from you that doesn't pour out negative energy?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fIQPkCR4E6k

Fill me in. Who is Jeff Fisher?

He's a founder of Elite Performance. Here's his bio from their website http://elitewinnipeg.com/:

JEFF FISHER
President – Elite Performance
After seven successful years in the CFL as the Head Trainer and Strength & Conditioning Coach for the Winnipeg Blue Bombers, three years as the CFL’s Evaluation Camp Director and one year with NFL Canada’s Test to be the Best, Jeff founded Elite Performance and opened his doors to the elite athletes of Canada.Since its inception, Jeff has trained over 18,000 athletes in all sport disciplines, taking each and every one of them to the top of their game. His unmatched enthusiasm brings athletes and other trainers from all over the country, seeking his expertise. He is known in many professional athlete circles as a Guru of physical conditioning and injury rehabilitation.

I remember when Jeff was with the bombers and all the love for him. So in theory I don't mind. I think the bigger issue is the appearance of conflict of internet on Miller's part.

We are all likely a little over sensitive but who can blame us. It's probably true that managers bring in their own people all the time but we don't want any sense of cronyism or conflict around the team. We're tired.

Didn't miller state emphatically that he would not interfere in Football Ops? And now he admits he will. Maybe miller will end up being the best CEO ever. But it certainly gives me a reason for concern.

I remember when Jeff was with the bombers and all the love for him. So in theory I don't mind. I think the bigger issue is the appearance of conflict of internet on Miller's part.

We are all likely a little over sensitive but who can blame us. It's probably true that managers bring in their own people all the time but we don't want any sense of cronyism or conflict around the team. We're tired.

Didn't miller state emphatically that he would not interfere in Football Ops? And now he admits he will. Maybe miller will end up being the best CEO ever. But it certainly gives me a reason for concern.

Exactly this. 

Some of you guys are missing the point. The troubling thing isn't bringing back Fisher (for cripes sake, who cares, its the strength coach position) it's that this is a blatant conflict of interest.

Miller is a part-owner of Elite -- and now, two months into the job and he's basically creating a business deal that lines his own pockets. 

Whether the move is right or wrong (or a big "meh", in my opinion) you have to admit that the optics are terrible. 

This is basically how I feel too. He seemed, or maybe still seems, like a good hire, but some things are worrying me a little. The biggest concern is his statement that he'll be involved in football ops. Having a major contradiction in your purpose only a month or two into your tenure is cause for concern.

The "appearance of conflict of interest" is strong here, but from what I've heard both Elite & Worman are good at what they do.

If I've learned anything as a Bomber fan in my lifetime, it's that everything will work out for the best...

It was already in place.

As long as there is no unreasonable expansion of that deal then.

One could hang this on the board. There was "appearance of conflict" in hiring Buchko. Same thing with Miller. On the other hand in pro sports there's a lot of "who you know"

Mike what do you think of Miller at this point?

I think that he's making a lot of reasonable decisions that will probably appear as conflicts of interest, but that doesn't necessarily make them bad choices.

If Buchko brought in Worman or Fisher, I wouldn't be complaining. So why would I complain if Miller does it?

As long as he's capable of making both kinds of hires, I'm fine.