Arash Madani: Miller Trying to Force Rick Worman On Walters

Noeller

The CFL requires teams to have a certified athletic therapist. Fisher has no certification. Couture is a certified AT, registered massage therapist, that teaches at the massage therapy college, certified strength and conditioning and certified personal trainer. He may very well be the most qualified guy in the CFL. He would be a huge loss if Miller wants to mess into that area too.

Fisher coming back would be MASSIVE for the organization. Doug Brown has sworn up and down that the day Fish left to do his own thing, is the day the organization started the downhill slide post-Ritchie....

Gimme a break. They are buddies and DB works out in his gym for free.

Fish hasn't worked in a professional team setting in 10 years -- and in that field, being current matters. 

Don't believe all tire-pumping you read. Its friends helping friends.

He would be a huge loss if Miller wants to mess into that area too.

Where did it say he was leaving? Nowhere.

Finished last in the league in 3 of 4 seasons (counting this season).

false.

Last in 2010

Tied for last in 2012.

Probably last this year.

There are no ties in the final standing because they have something called tiebreakers.

Fisher coming back would be MASSIVE for the organization. Doug Brown has sworn up and down that the day Fish left to do his own thing, is the day the organization started the downhill slide post-Ritchie....

Fish hasn't worked in a professional team setting in 10 years -- and in that field, being current matters. 

LOL - Is there ever a post from you that doesn't pour out negative energy?

Just thought this was worth mentioning ...

For all this talk about how bad our team is and if we're really right for assuming the staff is the issue, all that discussion as to whether the problem is the staff or the players ...

There are now three players on other rosters in the CFL who were originally on our negotiation list but refused to play for this franchise because of apprehension due to the current staff that is in place.

DE Eric Norwood on Hamilton, good rotational guy in his first CFL season. Very Kenny Mainor-esque.

WR Jeff Fuller on Calgary, I'm sure we'd love to have a 6'4" receiver going across the middle like this guy has so far

DE Aaron Maybin on Toronto, waited almost two years for this guy to show an interest in the CFL and then when he finally did, he said "sure, but not in Winnipeg" and now the former first round NFL pick is in Toronto

So where would these guys get the news about Winnipeg being so bad?  Most of the guys that come up readily admit they know nothing about the CFL or Canada until they get here.  Is some agent poisoning the well?  When they come to Canada, they pretty much are at the end of their professional ropes as their NFL dreams are either dead or on hold, and so it would be a case of Beggars can't be choosers, I would think.

I guess news get out.... probably agents. Maybe we don't pay well compared to other teams? Who knows?

*sigh* kids who think they know, but they really don't know....comical...

Its been a while. Can you blame me after the last 4-5 years? 

Source on all the guys not wanting to play for us? I mean I do believe just curious.

From the Scratching Post:

Norwood was on Winnipeg's negotiation list last year, but was removed when he showed no interest in Manitoba: not because of the weather but because of the Blue Bombers' organizational missteps, which he learned of from former teammates who'd played there.

Unfortunately it doesn't say when he was removed, who these former teammates were or when they played here.

For a moderator, you could stand to show a bit of maturity. Kids? Come on. More like 20 year Bomber season ticket holder. 

For a moderator, you could stand to show a bit of maturity. Kids? Come on. More like 20 year Bomber season ticket holder. 

Okay, so not a kid, but ignorant as one.....

Okay Homer Simpson -- you sure your last name isn't Miller?

Go Blue and just take my damn money!!!

But really, it's only been 2+ years since the wheels have started to come off and…..you're already got a spotlight on the new guy…and it sounds more personal to me.

But really, it's only been 2+ years since the wheels have started to come off and…..you're already got a spotlight on the new guy…and it sounds more personal to me.

I disagree -- granted, hindsight is 20/20, but you would have to say things went south during Lyle's last year and the carpet bomb he left us with.

Then the Board went the "safe" route by hiring a GM we knew wouldn't embarrass the team -- too bad he was largely ineffective. 

SO thats since 2008-9. A long time!

LaPo saved his butt by winning one game and going to the Cup after an extended bad streak. Following a 4-14 season.not sure the wheels were on there?

In a season where we were 4-14 but easily could have won 3 or 4 more games, then finishing 1st and the EDF and you don't consider some sort of semblance of a football team?

I do.