2024 Blue Bomber Training Camp

16 minutes ago, BBlink said:

With our ratio we could be starting anyone but Kramdi already. 6 on offense 1 on defense (DT) 

Gotta get that pick though lol.  We have a ton of flexibility and I think how we use it will change a lot through out the year. 

1 minute ago, coach17 said:

Interesting Cole is listed as a DB. Possible thinking of him as a Sam or even in the Safety slot, would be a good move. 

We didn’t bring lbers to rookie camp this year it seems. So he could be in taking reps as a db for practice, which would be smart. But I would love Cole at especially S. but even as a Sam his instincts and reaction time is great he has a real knack for making plays. 

1 hour ago, coach17 said:

Interesting Cole is listed as a DB. Possible thinking of him as a Sam or even in the Safety slot, would be a good move. 

from not seeing any of the new guys in person...yet...Cole is our best option I believe for SAM...and was last yr as well....I got chatised on here last yr about comments on Kramdi but he should not have started....would start no where else in league and his spot was a direct Osh gift whether some of you wanna believe it or not....Cole is our best sideline to sideline tracker...can run with backs and slots....hits a ton and actual can tackle...he should be our SAM

This yr...we only need to start 1 canadian on defence, and the factwe dont take advantage of any loopholes in the rules (nationalized) and last yr rostered a total dud all yr to also help in a real efective rotation with a qualified/skilled DI there is no reason to start 2 on defense.....If there are 2 canadians that are just head and shoulders above and better than any import player at a spot sure....but I see nobody on the roster who fits that narrative on dfemse....so why go that route

If we choose to...then I Yhink it should be Ford over Kramdi at that spot as he offrs a boatload more....and still has upside..Kramdi is what he is

19 minutes ago, Booch said:

from not seeing any of the new guys in person...yet...Cole is our best option I believe for SAM...and was last yr as well....I got chatised on here last yr about comments on Kramdi but he should not have started....would start no where else in league and his spot was a direct Osh gift whether some of you wanna believe it or not....Cole is our best sideline to sideline tracker...can run with backs and slots....hits a ton and actual can tackle...he should be our SAM

This yr...we only need to start 1 canadian on defence, and the factwe dont take advantage of any loopholes in the rules (nationalized) and last yr rostered a total dud all yr to also help in a real efective rotation with a qualified/skilled DI there is no reason to start 2 on defense.....If there are 2 canadians that are just head and shoulders above and better than any import player at a spot sure....but I see nobody on the roster who fits that narrative on dfemse....so why go that route

If we choose to...then I Yhink it should be Ford over Kramdi at that spot as he offrs a boatload more....and still has upside..Kramdi is what he is

Cole is a guy to me that if he improves in the slightest from last year we just need on the field. I think you could play him at either lber spot, or Sam or S. personally I’d take advantage of that and move him around and use that versatility to get other guys on the field for packages. And also to limit the reps of Kyrie/biggie keeping them healthier hopefully. He’s strong, fast, physical, got all the motor and drive in the world and strong anticipation skills. He’s got modp upside, and reasonable ability to fulfill that potential with reps and coaching. 

Kramdi I think has upside and use situationally. He puts him self in position, but is hit or miss when it comes to actually making plays. Short yardage/goal line, clear running downs I think he’s an asset. And he is more useful in coverage than the limited Halletts Imo. But he shouldn’t start Sam or other wise. 

I’d agree with those thinking Kramdi starts. They didn’t sign him just to play special teams after he started last year. I kinda think Fords expectations for basically being out of football the past year are being exaggerated also. I’m expecting ford to be a special teams guy primarily this season.  Get some reps here and there but they didn’t bring in 50000 dbs just because. Demski and Brady added to vet injury list. I’m sure biggie and others will be also. Younger hopefully a little more aggressive than RH so perhaps looking for more aggressive DBs. Lots of these guys fit the bill. That Siegel kid looks like a stud. Do you look for ABs replacement at middle line backer also ? I dunno. Biggie prob ain’t got much left. 

Edited by Goalie

Rookie camp is cool. It will be interesting to see how many don’t make it to main camp tho. But be interesting to see who they put on the vet injured list. 

this vet injured list seems to be a thing where guys who have made the team aren’t needed for 2 more weeks so it will be interesting who they put on there. We got 50 receivers in camp. Schoen could use a couple weeks I’m sure. 

Edited by Goalie

11 hours ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

I think Parker would be a prime option to play Kramdis spot. He’s on the smaller side but such a good tackler, and lateral quickness. 

Parker is our best pure tackler as a DB....i'D even go as far as to say on team....also closes extremely quickly on the play....he's be a good option, tho is a bit small in my opinion as well...

11 hours ago, wbbfan said:

Cole is a guy to me that if he improves in the slightest from last year we just need on the field. I think you could play him at either lber spot, or Sam or S. personally I’d take advantage of that and move him around and use that versatility to get other guys on the field for packages. And also to limit the reps of Kyrie/biggie keeping them healthier hopefully. He’s strong, fast, physical, got all the motor and drive in the world and strong anticipation skills. He’s got modp upside, and reasonable ability to fulfill that potential with reps and coaching. 

Kramdi I think has upside and use situationally. He puts him self in position, but is hit or miss when it comes to actually making plays. Short yardage/goal line, clear running downs I think he’s an asset. And he is more useful in coverage than the limited Halletts Imo. But he shouldn’t start Sam or other wise. 

Agreed...Cole would be a lethal safety....

Just now, JohnnyAbonny said:

Something like that. He took some reps from the middle spot too late last season iirc. 

we used him all over...even off the edge as a end rusher at times...or showed as such...then dropped off

Soon time to sign up for TSN again.  Gotta get my TV in ship shape during the training camp.  Clean off the cobwebs and dust.  Give it a rub down and work out the on off button.  Rotate the batteries in the remote.  Apply updates to the router.  Fluff the seat cushion on my chair and ensure the frosty beverage table is stable and ready for the season.

Edited by BaconNBigBlue

1 hour ago, Booch said:

Parker is our best pure tackler as a DB....i'D even go as far as to say on team....also closes extremely quickly on the play....he's be a good option, tho is a bit small in my opinion as well...

Yeah he’s got a pretty narrow frame but I mean we’ve seen guys like Hefney and Clint Kent for example in the past excel in that spot. 

1 hour ago, Booch said:

I really like what Parker brings, he’s soo quick and explosive with tremendous tackling it’s hard to understand how he sat soo much late last year while we ran out some guys who didn’t do any thing well. 

34 minutes ago, Booch said:

we used him all over...even off the edge as a end rusher at times...or showed as such...then dropped off

his quickness looked incredible off the edge on the few snaps like that. That’s a look that would terrify ocs and qbs. 

29 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

I believe the technical term for the position Cole plays is playmaker.

He reminds me of prime Lamar mcgriggs. He can do most any thing you need, including just read and reacting as a rover. Brian Clark was kind of similar too. That was a heavier set era, and Lamar was incredibly strong for his size but I think he could fill that kind of role for us that year. Do a bit of every thing move him around and really force offences to adapt. 

Just now, wbbfan said:

I really like what Parker brings, he’s soo quick and explosive with tremendous tackling it’s hard to understand how he sat soo much late last year while we ran out some guys who didn’t do any thing well. 

his quickness looked incredible off the edge on the few snaps like that. That’s a look that would terrify ocs and qbs. 

He reminds me of prime Lamar mcgriggs. He can do most any thing you need, including just read and reacting as a rover. Brian Clark was kind of similar too. That was a heavier set era, and Lamar was incredibly strong for his size but I think he could fill that kind of role for us that year. Do a bit of every thing move him around and really force offences to adapt. 

hopefully this trait of rewards to play....for various reasons other than actual skill or roster impact....has gone by the wayside this yr

8 minutes ago, Booch said:

hopefully this trait of rewards to play....for various reasons other than actual skill or roster impact....has gone by the wayside this yr

One way or another the old boys club is going to die. Either we kill it this year, or it kills our contention and dies with a whimper. This off season has given me hope that we are killing it and focusing on building the best team possible. 
 A big indicator will be imo, our use of the nationalized American rule. If we are using it like every other team then the worm has turned. No one had been published league wide for how the rule has been used and iirc it grows this year. If we continue to pass on it, we are in trouble. 

I agree...I think I see some realization of "the way" the last 2 yrs basically stole 2 cups away from us

Also the kind/level of talent brought in this yr seems to be legit to actuallyfill a spot...steal a spot...or be heir apparent for a spot

I think the other canary in the mine type players are schmekel (barring a big step forward as a player) Thomas (starting/number of reps) Cole and Kelly (both should easily be on the game day roster) and to a lesser extent kola vs Eli. 
 I think they feel pot committed to keeping Bennett around still, but we did cut faith quickly in the past. And I think it’s similar with Sheahan I think they want to see how he will do in a better kick cover/punt system. Atleast I sure hope so. 

2 minutes ago, Jesse said:

Some of you spend equal amounts of time complaining about the "old boys club" and the young guys that they do have starting. It can't be both.

It can actually. Jackson is a perfect example of a bad rookie. Most old boys clubs let the wrong young guys in for the wrong reasons. 
 That said I don’t remotely see a comparable volume of complaints about young guys as old guys. 
 The core of the issue has been rostering and starting guys who wouldn’t make any other roster in the league. Be they old, jack thomas and kola or young like Sheahan and schmekel. 
 Rostering DIs only to not use them at all goes way back to the pre 19 years under the Mafia. As does starting guys no one else would look at. Though our talent level at times back then left us wanting for better options.