Free Agency Day - Non-Bombers CFL News

10 minutes ago, Booch said:

ran it back 2 yrs...ran up to it the other 2 and got slapped away...if we being factual lol

More like ran it back for two years then ran it and fumbled on the 1 for the other two.

The better team prevailed on those days but it still pisses me off that we weren't able to close out those other two Cups.

33 minutes ago, voodoochylde said:

More like ran it back for two years then ran it and fumbled on the 1 for the other two.

The better team prevailed on those days but it still pisses me off that we weren't able to close out those other two Cups.

Especially 22 in hindsight. 
23 we were outcoached all game and outplayed in crunch time by a team on a roll. 

22 was a game that Bombers gave away and had no business losing. 

1 hour ago, voodoochylde said:

still pisses me off that we weren't able to close out those other two Cups.

More painfully- how close the games were... a few inches here... a few inches there- and we would be backtobacktobacktoback Grey Cup Champs.

Oh well- let's keep up with the GC appearances and we are bound to win another.

7 minutes ago, Wanna-B-Fanboy said:

More painfully- how close the games were... a few inches here... a few inches there- and we would be backtobacktobacktoback Grey Cup Champs.

Oh well- let's keep up with the GC appearances and we are bound to win another.

Yup five in a row GC appearances seems about right.

26 minutes ago, Booch said:

odd we are moving on...he wouldn't have garnered big bucks either....not sure who they see as his replacement on the roster

Could be the other way around. He thought he could have more playing time elsewhere.

I think after two years with Malik Clements and Brian Cole both on the team as backup LBs, they chose to re-sign Cole and try to find new young LBs to fight for an active roster spot. Must have thought Clements was not good enough in some way to be the heir apparent to Bighill. Fast but was in the wrong place a lot from what I saw.

The Michael Ayers kid is the only one I think we've signed so far but I expect to see very healthy competition in camp there

57 minutes ago, Booch said:

odd we are moving on...he wouldn't have garnered big bucks either....not sure who they see as his replacement on the roster

I think it’s in part becuse he was passed by Cole. Clements is bigger for sure, but his tangibles are pretty common for an imp. Probably confided in their ability to find higher potential guys. 

37 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

I think it’s in part becuse he was passed by Cole. Clements is bigger for sure, but his tangibles are pretty common for an imp. Probably confided in their ability to find higher potential guys. 

yeah..I been pining for Cole for better part of 2 yrs now...dude is legit....

1 hour ago, Goalie said:

Our non starters are signing elsewhere and ppl losing their minds. 

If you hear Walters' comments today, it really is that our remaining roster needs to be filled with guys on minimum contracts. 

So we're losing depth pieces that we probably would have liked to keep. It's not the end of the world, but the scouts are going to be earning their keep this season. For starters and depth. 

23 minutes ago, Jesse said:

If you hear Walters' comments today, it really is that our remaining roster needs to be filled with guys on minimum contracts. 

So we're losing depth pieces that we probably would have liked to keep. It's not the end of the world, but the scouts are going to be earning their keep this season. For starters and depth. 

Only exceptional rookies step into the lineup in their first year, should be okay with a rookie receiver and the secondary but if injuries come into play, could be rough.

Biggest worry right now is Grant and Castillo, ST will suck and blow badly if those two are not re-signed.

23 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

We are just so used to the same team basically since 2019. It's a new feeling to have more people leaving.

It sounds like bombers decided to move on also tho so mutual

with Clements, thought he’d normally start out blazing but fade considerably 

1 hour ago, Booch said:

yeah..I been pining for Cole for better part of 2 yrs now...dude is legit....

If he starts at wil out of camp he’s going to be the talk of the league.  He plays on more of an edge than most of our front guys for the past while, is soo explosive and has a great instinct. Love watching him play. 

1 hour ago, wbbfan said:

If he starts at wil out of camp he’s going to be the talk of the league.  He plays on more of an edge than most of our front guys for the past while, is soo explosive and has a great instinct. Love watching him play. 

I disagree on Cole having great instincts but I will say it was obvious that he improved on that from beginning to end of the season.

The guy was originally recruited to Michigan as a highly-touted WR, then was a safety and kick returner at Mississippi State. Clearly a great athlete who has potential. Will be 27 when training camp starts and in his 3rd year with club so should be approaching his peak!

2 hours ago, Fatty Liver said:

Only exceptional rookies step into the lineup in their first year, should be okay with a rookie receiver and the secondary but if injuries come into play, could be rough.

Biggest worry right now is Grant and Castillo, ST will suck and blow badly if those two are not re-signed.

Ok, but we’re mostly not asking first year rookies to come in. We have Fox and Haba returning on the DL, Ford and McGhee in the secondary. We do need to find a RT, but the rest is depth pieces.