2023/2024 CFL (Non Bombers) Off Season News

Noeller

8 hours ago, GCn20 said:

Ballantyne can`t be considered media because his bias would never allow him to view the CFL realistically. Not a slam on him, I would probably have the same problem, but anything he writes is out to lunch because he so over the top of a Stamps fan. They walk on water to him and are the best team in the CFL that has been having bad luck and are victims of circumstance every game. That wouldn`t be so nauseating if every game prediction or anything else he puts up on 3DN weren`t so directly influenced by how he wants the CFL to be in relation to his Stamps season hopes, as opposed to how it really is. He will make stupid commentary like `Winnipeg Blue Bombers are due for a losing streak against the Edmonton Eskimos and Calgary Stampeders in their next two games vaulting the Stamps into a playoff spot`` and then use that reasoning to pick Edmonton as some gospel truth. 

if you call him out on those takes which I have in the past then he gets pissed off.

10 hours ago, Bigblue204 said:

I'll never forget how he argued that the 2021 Bombers were scared to play the stamps in the west final....yes....he was serious...and was saying the Bombers were counting their lucky stars the riders won the semi. Lol

And a couple of years ago he kept saying the Bombers OL was overrated & the Stamps were better. So then, why all the Bomber all stars on the line???

2 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

if you call him out on those takes which I have in the past then he gets pissed off.

And a couple of years ago he kept saying the Bombers OL was overrated & the Stamps were better. So then, why all the Bomber all stars on the line???

Last year he was convinced the Stamps were turning the corner and about to make a run at 1st in the West and this was around game 12. In his opinion Winnipeg and BC were about to tumble down the standings and Calgary was going to "realize it's talent"...is the term I believe he used. He is the Stamps version of Migs..just delusional.

On 2024-03-05 at 8:59 PM, GCn20 said:

Last year he was convinced the Stamps were turning the corner and about to make a run at 1st in the West and this was around game 12. In his opinion Winnipeg and BC were about to tumble down the standings and Calgary was going to "realize it's talent"...is the term I believe he used. He is the Stamps version of Migs..just delusional.

i remember a couple of years ago he was crying because there were no Stamps OL named to the Western Conference All Star team. He was convinced the Stamps line was better than the Bomber line. I called him out on X & he wasn't happy being criticized.

1 hour ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

i remember a couple of years ago he was crying because there were no Stamps OL named to the Western Conference All Star team. He was convinced the Stamps line was better than the Bomber line. I called him out on X & he wasn't happy being criticized.

I can imagine. He thinks his Stamps walk on water.

On 2024-03-05 at 5:40 PM, wbbfan said:

6’2 240 strong athlete good gap filling tackle box lber. 

How can a guy who's already attended an NFL camp & played for the Seahawks be considered a Canadian college draft prospect? Shouldn't he be Neg Listed?

13 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

How can a guy who's already attended an NFL camp & played for the Seahawks be considered a Canadian college draft prospect? Shouldn't he be Neg Listed?

It's just like that Argos player who is joining the NFL draft this year.

13 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Yea....that's a weird one? Maybe this is his first CFL draft eligible year?

He didn't have Canadian status before now so he didn't qualify for the draft.  He hadn't been neg listed either so I don't see any issue with it.  He's still a rookie since he's played no regular season games in the NFL.

5 minutes ago, bigg jay said:

He didn't have Canadian status before now so he didn't qualify for the draft.  He hadn't been neg listed either so I don't see any issue with it.  He's still a rookie since he's played no regular season games in the NFL.

In the quoted tweet it says he was on The Redblacks neg list.

This same thing that happened with Dublanko also happened with Jordan Williams, he just didn't play in the NFL first (only had a rookie camp try with the 49ers). 

His wiki says he "nearly joined the Redblacks" as an American in 2019 but was convinced to get citizenship and enter the CFL draft in 2020. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jordan_Williams_(linebacker,_born_1994)

Funny that both times it is a linebacker targeted by the Redblacks!

8 hours ago, GCn20 said:

Yea....that's a weird one? Maybe this is his first CFL draft eligible year?

And you wonder why football fans who favour the NFL laugh at the CFL?? This is a joke.

6 hours ago, bigg jay said:

Doesn't matter. There he is pictured in a Seahawks uniform on the field playing a game. Perception is everything.

17 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

And you wonder why football fans who favour the NFL laugh at the CFL?? This is a joke.

Dude, this is literally happening in reverse this year.

Qwan'tez Stiggers played a year for some random indoor league and then for the Argos and is now entering the NFL draft. Why is the CFL a joke?

7 minutes ago, Jesse said:

Dude, this is literally happening in reverse this year.

Qwan'tez Stiggers played a year for some random indoor league and then for the Argos and is now entering the NFL draft. Why is the CFL a joke?

You know the CFL haters will be all over this. One, the residency rules the league has & two the fact that he went to an NFL TC & actually played.

On 3/7/2024 at 8:40 PM, SpeedFlex27 said:

CFL is crazy. We also draft 30 year old globals. We draft guys as Canadians who’ve never been here. Is what it is. More talent to ni positions the better. 

7 hours ago, LangerMathew said:

It seems like the players' attitude towards voting for awards is quite laid-back, with a touch of humour. The reference to watching film throughout the week suggests their primary focus on the game itself, and the casual approach to filling out the ballot reflects the perception that the awards are more about reputation than a serious consideration. The anecdote about a player forgetting whom he voted for adds a light-hearted element to the overall discussion, resembling locker room banter.

AI Content Detected. 

https://copyleaks.com/ai-content-detector

2 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Beepboopbop bot detected. That’s a pretty cool tool, but pretty messed up that some ones actually using ai to post. Wth would make a person want to do that? 

Someone with a whole lot of too much time on their hands and lacking in intellect

10 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Beepboopbop bot detected. That’s a pretty cool tool, but pretty messed up that some ones actually using ai to post. Wth would make a person want to do that? 

Same type of person who uses a VPN that makes it look like they are posting from India to hide who they really are.  So, likely someone who has been previously banned.

1 hour ago, Rich said:

Same type of person who uses a VPN that makes it look like they are posting from India to hide who they really are.  So, likely someone who has been previously banned.

lol people do that? Im kind of stunned that people actually go that far. Doesn’t seem like that many people have been banned from the out side. Maybe it’s just the perspective. Though maybe it makes more sense if it’s one complete nut off the meds again. 

I probably don’t notice bannings because it doesn’t seem to happen frivolously and threads get cleaned up pretty quick when they do go south. 

Either way I appreciate all the work done by every one who keeps the wheels moving around here.