2023/2024 CFL (Non Bombers) Off Season News

Noeller

10 minutes ago, Fatty Liver said:

If she was my daughter I'd advise taking a job working intimately with 100 football players with no other women in sight was not a good idea, something was bound to happen, and it did.  For cripes sake, her contract only paid $25,000, she could have made more in any other situation.

We're still blaming the victims? Good god. 

10 minutes ago, Fatty Liver said:

If she was my daughter I'd advise taking a job working intimately with 100 football players with no other women in sight was not a good idea, something was bound to happen, and it did.

this is a HORIBLE take..... "boys will be boys"..... no. Society needs to change so that women can feel comfortable working in any situation..... 

16 minutes ago, bluto said:

Right??

Given the opportunity they almost certainly would have considering the small size of the suit. $140k is a speeding ticket to MLSE.

Makes me wonder if it was ever a consideration or if airing it out in the press was just always going to be the move by the Accuser's legal team.

Makes me wonder if they refused to acknowledge her complaints and this is more about holding her abuser accountable than about money. 

Just now, JCon said:

It's not the reality because **itty people keep making excuses and blaming the victims. 

Not at all, but you're naive if you think a testosterone filled locker room is a certified "work safe environment".  Maybe part of her job was to shoot players up with pain killers so they can perform their duties for our amusement.

9 minutes ago, Fatty Liver said:

Not at all, but you're naive if you think a testosterone filled locker room is a certified "work safe environment".  Maybe part of her job was to shoot players up with pain killers so they can perform their duties for our amusement.

So we just accept that's how the world is that's that?? **** that ****. Long overdue for change and this is how it starts. You punish the assholes who maintain the status quo and teach them what's acceptable, regardless of testosterone or estrogen. 

8 minutes ago, Fatty Liver said:

So you're suggesting no 22 year old woman should be working for the Winnipeg Blue Bombers that requires her to be in close contact with the players because reality dictates that Walters and company have no chance to create a safe working environment? 

38 minutes ago, bluto said:

Right??

Given the opportunity they almost certainly would have considering the small size of the suit. $140k is a speeding ticket to MLSE.

Makes me wonder if it was ever a consideration or if airing it out in the press was just always going to be the move by the Accuser's legal team.

Where do you see the Accuser "airing it out in the press"? Has there been a single piece of media covering this that has spoken to her or her team? The Westhead article constantly cites the Lawsuit, not any specific person.

13 minutes ago, Fatty Liver said:

So, yes? Blame the victims because we couldn't possibly ask grown men to not harass the staff. 

1 minute ago, JCon said:

So, yes? Blame the victims because we couldn't possibly ask grown men to not harass the staff. 

yeah it's quite frankly offensive to everyone. Women just have to put up with being harassed and sorry men, you're just animals with no self control. 

No the reason some men act like this is because they've never faced consequences for it. It's not OK to be a shitty person and the sooner crap like "well boys will be boys" goes away the better off the entirety of society will be. 

1 minute ago, HardCoreBlue said:

So you're suggesting no 22 year old woman should be working for the Winnipeg Blue Bombers that requires her to be in close contact with the players because reality dictates that Walters and company have no chance to create a safe working environment? 

I was referring to what I would advise my daughter if she was in that situation, other women can do whatever they like.  I do not personally see it as a safe work environment filled with really good people with wonderful intentions.  Sue me.

2 minutes ago, Wanna-B-Fanboy said:

Sure- but clearly that day ain't here yet.

But, I don't think @Fatty Liver's take is a horrible one. 

And, so instead of expecting more out of men, we make young women bend? F*** that. It is a horrible take because it says that men can't control themselves when the reality is that they make their own choices. 

Just now, Fatty Liver said:

I was referring to what I would advise my daughter if she was in that situation, other women can do whatever they like.  I do not personally see it as a safe work environment filled with really good people with wonderful intentions.  Sue me.

Even worse. Tell your daughter she can't live her life because we make excuses for pathetic men. 

Just now, johnzo said:

I get where you're coming from man, but it really is a bummer to say that some jobs are simply off-limits to women. 

The onus is on the 100 football players to ******* behave.

Kudos to you and the others taking this sensible position, as opposed to the "don't put yourself in a vulnerable position" nonsense.

4 minutes ago, Fatty Liver said:

Nope, no planning in sueing you.

I have a 22 year old daughter training to be a physiotherapist and why I mention that is she could potentially be working with football teams.

I don't see the world as extremes for the most part. My wife and I have hopefully raised her with the tools to know the dangers of the world and how to handle it coupled with not limiting her options due to others and their bad behaviours.

Like a lot of other people's daughters, she's a smart, independent well adjusted full of quirks young human being who may want to contribute value to a room full of professional athletes.

No guarantees for her but how you appear to accept reality is different in how I and others may accept reality. Fair enough.

1 hour ago, Fatty Liver said:

If she was my daughter I'd advise taking a job working intimately with 100 football players with no other women in sight was not a good idea, something was bound to happen, and it did.  For cripes sake, her contract only paid $25,000, she could have made more in any other situation.

Maybe instead of cautioning your daughter to limit herself because of what men might do, you could champion her right to take a job and tell men that they should keep their hands/comments to themselves.  Your comment smacks of "look at the way she was dressed, she was asking for it".  Don't teach girls to be careful, teach boys that that stuff is not ok.

52 minutes ago, Fatty Liver said:

That may be the ideal, but it's not the reality.

That's nothing more than a pathetic excuse.

44 minutes ago, Fatty Liver said:

Pro tip:  when you're in a hole, stop digging.

3 minutes ago, JCon said:

And, so instead of expecting more out of men, we make young women bend? F*** that. It is a horrible take because it says that men can't control themselves when the reality is that they make their own choices. 

Even worse. Tell your daughter she can't live her life because we make excuses for pathetic men. 

Do you not recognize a football locker room as an extremely rarefied environment that is seldom duplicated within the rest of society?  I would also advise my daughter not to become a prison guard for her own mental and physical well being.  You can wish for a rainbow and unicorn world all you like but that's not yet the current reality, and looking around at the world today, I'm not sure it's even on the distant horizon.