2023/2024 CFL (Non Bombers) Off Season News

Noeller

45 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

Hey, I got a tinted visor and not only did it not make me faster, it caused a concussion. Granted the concussion was from running into a brick wall.

You have to install the tinted visor on a helmet before checking a wall's structural integrity.

6 minutes ago, bluto said:

You think?

I think Coxie did very well on that.

I think it is paying for what he can do - and he looks like he has some ability and attributes that are hard to find 

4 minutes ago, Wanna-B-Fanboy said:

I thought he would go at least $180k even pushing to $200k. He's a baller, young and I don't think he's hit his ceiling yet. 

I think the contract is about what he deserves - but agree on the ceiling thing. 

1 minute ago, Wanna-B-Fanboy said:

I thought he would go at least $180k even pushing to $200k. He's a baller, young and I don't think he's hit his ceiling yet. 

Oh I agree about his potential. But his resume is pretty thin. He was a PR guy that had the fortune to become Kelly's favorite target when they were both backups.

5 hours ago, Fatty Liver said:

Wow, the Stamps QB well is drying up faster than the aquifers East of the rockies.

I got curious....

In the last twenty years, the only Calgary QBs who were not first recruited into the league by the Stamps were Glenn in 2012-2013 and McManus in 2006. 

that's a pretty amazing run of homegrown QBs.

35 minutes ago, johnzo said:

I got curious....

In the last twenty years, the only Calgary QBs who were not first recruited into the league by the Stamps were Glenn in 2012-2013 and McManus in 2006. 

that's a pretty amazing run of homegrown QBs.

Definitely not the case. I can think of Khari Jones in 2004, and Drew Tate as at least two more. 

On 2/6/2024 at 4:31 PM, Bigblue204 said:

Honestly 135k per year doesn't seem like that bad of a deal for Houston.

Would you change your mind if I told you that Nichols is making $140k? 

16 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

Definitely not the case. I can think of Khari Jones in 2004, and Drew Tate as at least two more. 

good catch.  I thought Tate was recruited by the Stamps, but yeah he was a Roughrider originally.

49 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

Nichols is the best or top 2 dbs in the league....Houston is not...far from a top db...The fact he paid at par with Nichols is a joke

13 hours ago, Geebrr said:

No. That makes the deal make more sense. Nichols is better, and didn't just sign a new contract, and is still making more.