2023/2024 CFL (Non Bombers) Off Season News

Noeller

56 minutes ago, Jesse said:

There's something like 9 starters unsigned.

I know some of them include people that a lot of you want to see replaced, but having that many new players come in at ones is goin to have some detrimental effects on this team.

TC is going to be crazy.

I think most teams are facing this issue - so there’s that. 

3 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

I think most teams are facing this issue - so there’s that. 

For sure, still going to see guys look at all their offers (if any) and accept what Walters has out there. 

I wonder if we’d consider bede actually. Great year last year as a kicker, can do all 3 jobs, biggest leg and best kick off guy in the league. Sergio is a better kicker, but bede might be cheaper. I’d really love to see a consolidation of the 3 jobs, even if it’s a di for all 3. But we really need to improve punting and kick offs. 
 Be hilarious if we re signed legs. The head explosions around here would be epic. 

6 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

I wonder if we’d consider bede actually. Great year last year as a kicker, can do all 3 jobs, biggest leg and best kick off guy in the league. Sergio is a better kicker, but bede might be cheaper. I’d really love to see a consolidation of the 3 jobs, even if it’s a di for all 3. But we really need to improve punting and kick offs. 
 Be hilarious if we re signed legs. The head explosions around here would be epic. 

I don't know about being cheaper, but if we could not waste the roster spot on multiple guys that'd be great.

Though, how many globals do we need to roster?

26 minutes ago, bigg jay said:

Yeah that's a comical article...yikes

16 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

I'd make that move to free up another roster spot...that punter experiment from last yr should be buried never to.be.seen again

10 minutes ago, Jesse said:

I don't know about being cheaper, but if we could not waste the roster spot on multiple guys that'd be great.

Though, how many globals do we need to roster?

2....him and either Hansen if back or Karomoko

59 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Bede can change a game with his leg. Would be worth it as a DI. Castillo, while a great FG kicker, is not a punter and is a pretty average kickoff guy.

7 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

If they change kickoffs Bede is not nearly as valuable. His kickoff length were invaluable to the Argos.

Maybe they could coax Rudy Linterman out of retirement. He was best ever long kicker.

Oliveira and Ouelette are interesting studies.

The NFL had a RB committee form this offseason where they griped with how much they’re paid. RBs tend to become very beat up by age 30, sometimes younger.

I personally wouldn’t pay a RB top dollar unless it was a Christian McCaffrey type where they can be just as valuable as a receiver.

2 hours ago, Jesse said:

Toronto making moves in other areas? Didn’t want to pay up for a kicker?

They'll probably make a play for Castillo. 

2 hours ago, wbbfan said:

He ain't coming back.