2023/2024 Blue Bombers Off-Season Thread (BRADY’S BACK! DALTON’S BACK!)

Noeller

Moses I like...was a top 15 in us recruit out of high-school and could be a legit guy on our roster.

He had basically 1 real injury and came back and had a slight cartelidge issue he played thru...prob should have got it fixed and sat 6 weeks but soldiered on.

He's 4 yrs removed now from injury...and I been told by some people who have trained with him he is 100 percent looks real good..and has the urge to get back to football...could be a real score for us and man o man I hope we go Cole at SAM and have him as the DI Cole played last year and rotates reps at will and Mac and plays teams as he cuts his teeth.

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, GCn20 said:

I'm not even sure what 100% effort from Milt would look like at his age. Even if he did, would we even know? Love Milt but the guy is 54.

Jagr is still playing pro hockey. He owns the team, but still playing. 

My favorite part of Milt doing this stunt was his little jab at Charles Roberts.

21 minutes ago, Booch said:

Moses I like...was a top 15 in us recruit out of high-school and could be a legit guy on our roster.

He had basically 1 real injury and came back and had a slight cartilage issue he played thru...prob should have got it fixed and sat 6 weeks but soldiered on.

He's 4 yrs removed now from injury...and I been told by some people who have trained with him he is 100 percent looks real good.. and has the urge to get back to football...could be a real score for us and man o man I hope we go Cole at SAM and have him as the DI Cole played last year and rotates reps at will and Mac and plays teams as he cuts his teeth.

His CV is good enough that he is definitely worth a looksee.

Edited by Tracker

10 minutes ago, Mike said:

Interesting that according to 3DN, 50k of Brady’s money is the not against the cap, promo stuff

That came out previously, didn't it?

14 hours ago, Booch said:

He had basically 1 real injury and came back and had a slight cartelidge issue he played thru...prob should have got it fixed and sat 6 weeks but soldiered on.

He's 4 yrs removed now from injury...and I been told by some people who have trained with him he is 100 percent looks real good..and has the urge to get back to football...could be a real score for us and man o man I hope we go Cole at SAM and have him as the DI Cole played last year and rotates reps at will and Mac and plays teams as he cuts his teeth.

He was basically too tough for his own good. I know Saban was shocked and not happy he went un drafted, couldn’t understand how his injury grade could be soo bad. 

Just now, wbbfan said:

He was basically too tough for his own good. I know Saban was shocked and not happy he went un drafted, couldn’t understand how his injury grade could be soo bad. 

It affected his stats/performance...and thats all that mattered...Our gain when all said and done

If you look atbhis tackle stats...yeahthey were less...but also in less games....but that stat also isnt a true indication of anyting and at times...Like Awe for intance is tackles after significant yards or first downs made...

He looked defectiveas he wasnt healthy, and then as with NFL polotics...never got  fair look as an undrafted guy...He will turn heads here...wish I was in the City to check out camp

9 minutes ago, WinnipegGordo said:

There is no cap to the promo money teams can give to players. 

Because of this, other than an accounting error there is reason for a team to go over the SMS cap.

I'm not sure that's true.

10 hours ago, Mike said:

Interesting that according to 3DN, 50k of Brady’s money is the not against the cap, promo stuff

It's the dirty little SMS loophole we've used since they introduced it.

Got curious about the Brady thing...this from the CBA (Section 30.03 viii B):

"In 2023, each Club will include in the Salary Expenditure Cap an additional $60,000 in respect of Non-Football Related Services, such as community appearances, outreach, and promotion. Starting in 2024 and continuing for every year of the collective agreement, each Club will include in the Salary Expenditure Cap an additional $110,000 in respect of those Non-Football Related Services. These special amounts will be the mandatory minimum amount for each Club and will be subject to strict audit rules. The Clubs will have sole discretion on which players shall received these payments and the amounts to each player, but in no case should these amounts be less than $60,000 per Club in 2023 or less than $110,000 per Club, per year thereafter. These amounts will be included in a player’s SPC and noted accordingly."

5 hours ago, DTonOB said:

"In 2023, each Club will include in the Salary Expenditure Cap an additional $60,000 in respect of Non-Football Related Services, such as community appearances, outreach, and promotion. Starting in 2024 and continuing for every year of the collective agreement, each Club will include in the Salary Expenditure Cap an additional $110,000 in respect of those Non-Football Related Services. These special amounts will be the mandatory minimum amount for each Club and will be subject to strict audit rules. The Clubs will have sole discretion on which players shall received these payments and the amounts to each player, but in no case should these amounts be less than $60,000 per Club in 2023 or less than $110,000 per Club, per year thereafter. These amounts will be included in a player’s SPC and noted accordingly."

yeah I knew there was a number tied to it....just had too many for different rasons floating in my noodle..Thanks @DTonOB

6 hours ago, DTonOB said:

So it does count against the SMS then from what I interpret above. If so, holy crap there is a lot of media getting this wrong. Or is it an extra 110k over the SMS spending but subject to extra audit?

Edited by GCn20

3 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

So it does count against the SMS then from what I interpret above. If so, holy crap there is a lot of media getting this wrong. Or is it an extra 110k over the SMS spending but subject to extra audit?

its above and beyond...exempt from

2 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

OK...and it appears there is a floor for the spending but no upper limit.

This is the part that is so weird to me, a floor set for spending on this, in a league that tries to control all spending to make things "fair". I wonder if such an amount exists for the Ops groups and not just players cap.

4 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

OK...and it appears there is a floor for the spending but no upper limit.

I think it’s a one contract thing. 60k base and ceiling that goes up to 60k floor and 100k ceiling next year. I don’t think you can tack as many of those on top of who Evers contract as you want. 

6 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

I think it’s a one contract thing. 60k base and ceiling that goes up to 60k floor and 100k ceiling next year. I don’t think you can tack as many of those on top of who Evers contract as you want. 

I’m pretty sure there is a set amount per appearance and your number of appearances has to reflect that number. 

So, while there is no cap on it , the math has to work out. 

5 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

I’m pretty sure there is a set amount per appearance and your number of appearances has to reflect that number. 

So, while there is no cap on it , the math has to work out. 

If that is the case how were the Argos expected to justify giving Chad Kelly 100k in promo money?

Thats alot to give to one player. How many appearances was he expected to make?