2023/2024 Blue Bombers Off-Season Thread (BRADY’S BACK! DALTON’S BACK!)

Noeller

16 minutes ago, MOBomberFan said:

Still?!?

Get used to it. Best is to just ignore when you see him going off on one of these rants. He's a passionate guy when it comes to trying to get his point across, even though no one's debating them. No use getting caught up in this merry go round for another full season. Change the topic is about all we can do. Booch will discuss the new topic once he sees there are no takers for that discussion again. It's a valid point he raises, it's just been done to death.

Edited by GCn20

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, Booch said:

effin right...I will beat the drum of stupidity and inept moves till no more Oxygen in my lungs...U dont like it...u know what to do

Haha nah big dog you don't need my permission, I love boner talk 😄 carry on

6 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

It's a valid point he raises, it's just been done to death.

It was valid the first 7000 times and nobody disagreed. In the interest of saving himself some time he should just set it as his signature! 😛

6 minutes ago, MOBomberFan said:

Haha nah big dog you don't need my permission, I love boner talk 😄 carry on

It was valid the first 7000 times and nobody disagreed. In the interest of saving himself some time he should just set it as his signature! 😛

needs to be in the fore front...how much do you wnna bet we see another exampole of a dipshit manouver all yr long again tho...hope I am wrong...but Osh has had a penchant for his stubborn ideas pretty much in one form or another since he started....any one think we will take advantage of the Nationlized rule this yr...like every other team did?....no reason not to, other than his Osh ways....

Edited by Booch

4 minutes ago, Booch said:

needs to be in the fore front...how much do you wnna bet we see another exampole of a dipshit manouver all yr long again tho...hope I am wrong...but Osh has had a penchant for his stubborn ideas pretty much in one form or another since he started....any one think we will take advantage of the Nationlized rule this yr...like every other team did?....no reason not to, other than his Osh ways....

I agree that it's a valid point that every poster should be aware of, however, overstating a point breeds apathy to that point. Just saying.

Yes I also hope you're wrong about wasted roster spots. I'm willing to wait til the roster comes together before picking out a new whipping boy.

I'd only argue the point about the Nationalized rule... there is a benefit to not playing those snaps and its a bonus 2nd round pick, which we did acquire. We do need better Canadians, the extra pick will help.

We should have the best players on the field as much as possible though, if that means forgeoing the bonus 2nd rounder we should do it.

Highly doubt that was the reason for it...was just a result from it.....Osh I know for a fact doesn't like the rule...and fought to not have it passed....but lost on that hill....so he chooses to not use it....thats sure showing them thjo...yup....my take is suck it up Buttercup and put on yhour big boy pants

An extra pick in the draft is not a garuantee for anything...and based on how we pick save for our top 1..2 picks...big whoopity do...I look at other teams picks after the slugs we grabbed cause their ST tape "jumped" off the screen and just shake my head...especially seeing how abysmal our cover team have become...and it was already a ***** festering wound already starting in 2022

Thing is we had a lot of wasted roster spots.  Dressing 7 OL hindered the team. Yes they used all of them for certain offensive packages... but was it the best use of roster? Not really IMO. 

Jackson was a total waste because he didn't do anything well enough to justify a DI spot there. 

Regularly dressing bodies who don't play a single snap... these things need to improve to get the best out of the team.

7 hours ago, Booch said:

Highly doubt that was the reason for it...was just a result from it.....Osh I know for a fact doesn't like the rule...and fought to not have it passed....but lost on that hill....so he chooses to not use it....thats sure showing them thjo...yup....my take is suck it up Buttercup and put on yhour big boy pants

An extra pick in the draft is not a garuantee for anything...and based on how we pick save for our top 1..2 picks...big whoopity do...I look at other teams picks after the slugs we grabbed cause their ST tape "jumped" off the screen and just shake my head...especially seeing how abysmal our cover team have become...and it was already a ***** festering wound already starting in 2022

for Osh to utilize the nationalized  rule assumes you have Americans that are better players than the Canadians they are replacing. Considering that we utilized 8 canadians many times is an indicator that many are underestimating the Canadian talent that is available now . 

If we wanted to play an american at one of the Canadian starter positions, we could have done so regardless of the rule

4 hours ago, Pete said:

for Osh to utilize the nationalized  rule assumes you have Americans that are better players than the Canadians they are replacing. Considering that we utilized 8 canadians many times is an indicator that many are underestimating the Canadian talent that is available now . 

If we wanted to play an american at one of the Canadian starter positions, we could have done so regardless of the rule

Good points but unfortunately with some posters your....49f8dfdf41c337a3999cf9f9991442da.gif

4 hours ago, Pete said:

or osh over estimating them....

6 hours ago, Pete said:

So you trying to say WJ or JJ taking reps in lieu of Bennett...Schmeckle...Thomas is a downgrade??

That's almost laughable...but keep trying to defend the lunacy of not using the rule

15 hours ago, GCn20 said:

Get used to it. Best is to just ignore when you see him going off on one of these rants. He's a passionate guy when it comes to trying to get his point across, even though no one's debating them. No use getting caught up in this merry go round for another full season. Change the topic is about all we can do. Booch will discuss the new topic once he sees there are no takers for that discussion again. It's a valid point he raises, it's just been done to death.

I have no problem with Booch voicing his concern over the wat our roster is utilized, whether once or a thousand times. Why do you??

5 hours ago, Booch said:

So you trying to say WJ or JJ taking reps in lieu of Bennett...Schmeckle...Thomas is a downgrade??

That's almost laughable...but keep trying to defend the lunacy of not using the rule

lol. WJ and JJ are already on the field. No need to exaggerate your point. It would of had to be Haba or Fox coming on. 

7 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I have no problem with Booch voicing his concern over the wat our roster is utilized, whether once or a thousand times. Why do you??

cause dome arte boot lickers...so to ay....and no offence btw...I like OSH as well but he has a few big flaws....and if corrected...just iagine the juggernaut we would have...and we likely be going for 5 straight cup wins

1 hour ago, Jesse said:

lol. WJ and JJ are already on the field. No need to exaggerate your point. It would of had to be Haba or Fox coming on. 

do u not understand the usage??...you could use either...or as a national if someone went down with injury, anbd use an import to replace the actual injured....or if you added say a Cole for Kramdi for a certain scheme/set...U dont have to pull an import off say at end...or Dtackle to compensate....for example replace a Walker/Fox with a slug like Schmeckle or a severly declining Thomas....or a WJ/JJ/Haba...whomever your starter is with a useless Bennett...thats how it benefits....u can slice and dice it ans lick boot bottoms all you want, but utilizing the rules(s) only benefit the team as a whole over all...If you don't actually see that then I truly question your intelligence

14 hours ago, Pete said:

It is funny though because the extra Canadian is used for some flexibility and you could easily use the nationalized rule to give you more flexibility in case of injury.  It's actually incredibly stupid to not use it even if you don't plan on functionally using it for substitutions....you can have it in your back pocket in case you get some injuries.

The most frustrating thing is the way Osh chose to cut off the teams nose despite the face regarding the nationalized Americans. 

I’ve never before heard of a coach deliberately declining to use an advantageous rule. 

A comparable scenario would be a coach declining a no-yards call because he was mad they got rid of the 5 yard penalty. 

6 minutes ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

The most frustrating thing is the way Osh chose to cut off the teams nose despite the face regarding the nationalized Americans. 

I’ve never before heard of a coach deliberately declining to use an advantageous rule. 

A comparable scenario would be a coach declining a no-yards call because he was mad they got rid of the 5 yard penalty. 

he didnt like the rule when they were creating it...as he is on the committee and from what I hear was the only ditractor to it....needs to at times put his Canadian Bias and love aside for the betterment of the team...as was basically sole reason for his No vote...and this I guess is his statement and dieing on that hill with not using it....to me....thats not a good trait to harbour...using stubborn bias at expense of maximizing your roster, and making your team better...but whatever...he ain't gonna change and have to rserve ourselves to th fact that for his tenure here we will see more less than optimal moves, Just cause he is friggin Mike Oshea

1 hour ago, Booch said:

cause dome arte boot lickers...so to ay....and no offence btw...I like OSH as well but he has a few big flaws....and if corrected...just iagine the juggernaut we would have...and we likely be going for 5 straight cup wins

do u not understand the usage??...you could use either...or as a national if someone went down with injury, anbd use an import to replace the actual injured....or if you added say a Cole for Kramdi for a certain scheme/set...U dont have to pull an import off say at end...or Dtackle to compensate....for example replace a Walker/Fox with a slug like Schmeckle or a severly declining Thomas....or a WJ/JJ/Haba...whomever your starter is with a useless Bennett...thats how it benefits....u can slice and dice it ans lick boot bottoms all you want, but utilizing the rules(s) only benefit the team as a whole over all...If you don't actually see that then I truly question your intelligence

I think you dont ger what i ams aying, if you are starting 8 cdns, and you want to replace thomas ir lawfon with an american, you can. As you still have the required ratio..If your questioning how the coaches evaluate talent, thats a question unrelated to rule.

With Jones returning he too might be able to beat out an american rookie giving more flexibility. Sure for emergency it might be benificial, but for the teams utilizing it regularly it hampers developement of the cdns  Can you give examples of teams using it that gave them a competitive advantage? 

Strange that you go directly to insults rather than backing up you comments.

Edited by Pete

15 hours ago, Pete said:

Thing is our Canadian depth has been on the weak side the last two years save for back up ol. 
 Do you think the 3ni safety’s are better than import dbs like Parker? Do you think Bennett and Schmekel are better than Habba or fox? 
 Our back up candians aren’t better players than our back up imp players. Nis are well behind the imps position by position league wide. 

1 hour ago, Booch said:

People just don’t get it. They watched rotations with high quality guys propel us to grey cups and still can’t see the Forrest from the trees. We’ve also seen countless times useless guys like hurl, kuale, up to Jackson rostered and even started. People talked bad about pigrome thinking he wouldn’t get picked up or how he’s not worth it now. But the same people don’t recognize that the mos guys that start or kr seldom if ever get picked up when we let them go. We start guys then let them go in the off season and no one wants them as back ups. 

mos is the best player manager, culture guy, and leader in the league. He’s also the worst at setting up a roster. 

10 hours ago, 17to85 said:

or osh over estimating them....

That`s possible, but we did go 14-4 and to the Grey Cup so maybe he isn`tÉ

5 hours ago, WinnipegGordo said:

The thing I dont understand out of all this is how did the Lions end up using Nationals for more snaps than the Bombers.

I wish the CFL would provide the data so we can see how all the teams utilized their Nationals.

It`s because they did, but for some reason we seem to have an exaggerated take on it. I, too, would love to see the stats and I bet all teams usage is very similar.