2023/2024 Blue Bombers Off-Season Thread (BRADY’S BACK! DALTON’S BACK!)

Noeller

13 minutes ago, Mike said:

I’m going to try and be self-aware with this because I know I prefer Schoen over Brady myself, but I did have a conversation with my dad the other day where he made a very good point: we’ve never played Schoenball in the 4th Q to seal a win. We’ve made a habit of playing Bradyball. That stuff does matter and I don’t think I had really considered that until he said it.

Conversely we had Brady in the Grey Cup but.you could reaaaaallly feel the absence of a healthy Schoen.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Mike said:

I really think there’s a notable absence of negotiations being held with the top receivers and I’m guessing it’s because everyone has realized paying 300k to a Lawler or Lewis doesn’t mean anything if you suck at QB.

My gut tells me right now that Schoen may have been hoping for an offer from Ottawa to go play with Dru, but now that it’s probably not coming, he’ll be back here at 260k-ish

Hopefully. 

Just now, Mike said:

I really think there’s a notable absence of negotiations being held with the top receivers and I’m guessing it’s because everyone has realized paying 300k to a Lawler or Lewis doesn’t mean anything if you suck at QB.

My gut tells me right now that Schoen may have been hoping for an offer from Ottawa to go play with Dru, but now that it’s probably not coming, he’ll be back here at 260k-ish

Even with the BO signing I was under the impression Schoen would be back regardless......As long as we are well below 250k for BO its workeable

3 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

Bet we would not have if Demski and Baily had been healthy. Plus if the D got one stop, we win.

you're absolutely correct... but not the can of worms we need to open now... Let's celebrate Brady signing!

My hope of the dollars aren't too high... but otherwise I already love everything else about this signing.

EDIT: I see the dollars are perhaps a little too high... assuming Farhan is accurate... I don't love that part of it

Edited by bearpants

Just now, WinnipegGordo said:

Don’t love the money but I do like that we have the second year because that's got "restructure to take a big bonus and lower the cap hit" written all over it.

People will be upset about the money but as long as we didn’t overspend (which I don’t think we did, it’s exactly what Harris used to make) then it is what it is, they obviously had their number to make it work as we’ve all been saying and this fit.

Just now, WinnipegGordo said:

I don’t put much stock in any thing farhan says. Seems higher than I’d expect. Will wait and see the hard/soft numbers eventually. 

I hope with Brady back that we commit to splitting Carries and use him wisely. Use a di change of pace back for 7/8 touches a game and don’t have 90% of our runs in the first 6 minutes and last 10. 

2 minutes ago, Booch said:

ewww....not keen on that ...but is what it is I guess....we caved a bit there

That might be money with bonuses, and it’s farhan it might just be wrong. But I’m preparing for that to be the deal hoping for the best preparing for the worst. 

1 minute ago, Mike said:

Don’t love the money but I do like that we have the second year because that's got "restructure to take a big bonus and lower the cap hit" written all over it.

People will be upset about the money but as long as we didn’t overspend (which I don’t think we did, it’s exactly what Harris used to make) then it is what it is, they obviously had their number to make it work as we’ve all been saying and this fit.

Harris was the entire offence for years. Brady is one part of the offence. 

Feels like an overspend to me. 

3 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

True - but Bradyball works better when you have a lead. That comes after Schoen racking up TDs. 

I love Brady, I’m glad he is back - he is the best RB in the league. However, giving him bank is not high on my priority list. 

I think it was the WF game against BC, on the opening drive they fed Brady 10 times consecutively marching the ball 70 yds. for a TD, that was the most definitive statement of Bradyball.

anyone else had signed him for that we would all be chortling with laughter...and way too much comments....cause it is

Just now, Geebrr said:

Harris was the entire offence for years. Brady is one part of the offence. 

Feels like an overspend to me. 

and when Harris came around we were lost in the woods, and had basically nothing other than him....we aren't in that situation now...

1 minute ago, wbbfan said:

I don’t put much stock in any thing farhan says. Seems higher than I’d expect. Will wait and see the hard/soft numbers eventually. 

I hope with Brady back that we commit to splitting Carries and use him wisely. Use a di change of pace back for 7/8 touches a game and don’t have 90% of our runs in the first 6 minutes and last 10. 

No reason we can't do that. Maybe don't roster an American FB?!>!?!?!!

Hope one of the new guys jumps of the page.