2023/2024 Blue Bombers Off-Season Thread (BRADY’S BACK! DALTON’S BACK!)

Noeller

4 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Contracts aren’t guaranteed. If kola gets beat out they can release him. 

Exactly this. You'd hope that Eli would be able to win the position out of camp at this point. Though I suspect the Bombers are bracing for a couple losses along the O-Line and are bringing back as many familiar faces as possible rather than trying to insert someone entirely new. If Eli starts it might be at G in place of Gray while Kola stays at C where he is most useful. Kola is no world beater, and every group has a 'best' and a 'worst' but as a unit our OL was the best in the league and I'm not sure how that happens with a terrible C

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, Goalie said:

There’s always one or 2 who are convinced they know more than the ppl who see them everyday.  Between you and me ;) there’s definitely one guy like that on here and to be honest it gets annoying reading some of his posts. Just believes he knows more. Like Mike years ago but Mike doesn’t do that anymore. The other guy does tho. 

People get stuck in opinions on players (myself included) but the reality is these guys are going to typically have good and below average stretches throughout the year - minus a guy like Big Stan (historically) who is maybe the best OL to ever play. 

Consistency is what separates the average guy from the elite stars. Doesn’t mean the average to above average guys suck. 

9 minutes ago, Goalie said:

There’s always one or 2 who are convinced they know more than the ppl who see them everyday.  Between you and me ;) there’s definitely one guy like that on here and to be honest it gets annoying reading some of his posts. Just believes he knows more. Like Mike years ago but Mike doesn’t do that anymore. The other guy does tho. 

Let's not call anyone out directly or indirectly.  It's a bad look.  Argue the point, not the person making it.

3 minutes ago, Fatty Liver said:

Disagree, Gray rarely gets blown up or overpowered and he and Neufeld are usually the two down field clearing the path for Brady, and the majority of Brady's runs are to the left of C.

Biggest difference is that gray has value in being able to play multiple roles on the ol. Kola is centre or bust and only had the job because of osheas views on roster building. Eli was is and will be the better player.

I also look at it like this .. easier to maybe trade a guy who is under contract as well.  

It's not an excessive deal and given the accolades Kolankowski earned last season, he may be a player who could be flipped?  Just spitballing there ..

12 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

I don’t see much out there appreciably better. The top tier NI guards probably make 40k more than that and can’t play Centre. 

He isn’t as bad as he gets portrayed here. Not even close. 

Gray is a better guard...can swing out to tackle and can take reps at center as they have practiced him there..Kolo is a one trick pony, and one who can't win the pony derby....Give Gray that money, as Eli should be the center which would relegate Kolo to 6th anyway......

12 minutes ago, Goalie said:

dont like it...scram....and osh has a penchant for playing guys he likes...over guys who truly deserve it/or are better....believe to not believe it all you want but 140k for a guy who at best should be our 6th guy, and one who can only adequately play one spot is poor allocation of SMS....Nice subtle shot tho....not to be unexpected by the misinformed, and lacking certain knowledge

I see tons of football players every year....coach and develop and Kolo as much as many here wanna deny it, is a very weak link....Just cause Osh plays him doesn't make it otherwise

17 minutes ago, voodoochylde said:

Let's not call anyone out directly or indirectly.  It's a bad look.  Argue the point, not the person making it.

I didn’t. I just said there’s a guy like that here. Could have been talking about anyone but the fact we all know who I mean says I’m not the only one who feels that way. 

Just now, Goalie said:

I didn’t. I just said there’s a guy like that here. Could have been talking about anyone but the fact we all know who I mean says I’m not the only one who feels that way. 

you make lousy takes on your "opinion" as well, but people take it for what it is...and move on....learn that trait

Just now, Goalie said:

Some think they know it all. Others know they don’t. Your opinion doesn’t mean ****, neither does mine. I accept that. Do you? 

dont know it all...but know a lot...more than most here....not bragging....just a fact

17 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Biggest difference is that gray has value in being able to play multiple roles on the ol. Kola is centre or bust and only had the job because of osheas views on roster building. Eli was is and will be the better player.

He can play guard. 

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

obviously a huge fan of the incoming Strevolution.... and what a deal on that contract.

Quasi-necro post here, but since it wasn't really mentioned a couple pages back.... the Koala contract might be the worst in KW's tenure here. Gave a pretty sizeable raise to a guy that is maybe the 7/8 OL on this team. They must be expecting to lose at least one piece or maybe two (Gray/Yoshi) and paid out of desperation. Either way, looks super ugly. 

Missed it and can't find where the link is. What is the $ amount.

Edited by GCn20