2023/2024 Blue Bombers Off-Season Thread (BRADY’S BACK! DALTON’S BACK!)

Noeller

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Bigblue204 said:

I really couldn't imagine any other franchise bringing back a bunch of players that went.....14 and....4. like wtf.

Enough mediocrity already!!

I don't think it has anything to with mediocrity or what ever... 

The bottom line is: We didn't get it done in 2023. we didn't get it done the before in 2022... are we making any moves that shows that we are improving?

13 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Worked in 2021. 

Yeah, 3 years ago- 2 of those it didn't, and we are trotting out a lot of those same players in 2021.

I really couldn't imagine any other franchise bringing back a bunch of players that went.....14 and....4. like wtf.

Enough mediocrity already!!

lol, though the stamps cut starters after winning 14/15 games. 

48 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Not over reacting at all.

just don’t see the vision here. Bringing back the gang never works. Some of our guys are gonna age out by 25 also. 

That’s true. 

32 minutes ago, Wanna-B-Fanboy said:

I don't think it has anything to with mediocrity or what ever... 

The bottom line is: We didn't get it done in 2023. we didn't get it done the before in 2022... are we making any moves that shows that we are improving?

Yeah, 3 years ago- 2 of those it didn't, and we are trotting out a lot of those same players in 2021.

It's extremely hard to improve upon a 14-4 record. In fact only 1 bomber in the history of the club has done better.

GC is a 1 game, winner take all. Losing it sucks, but pretending like you're going to add a magic player that will prove you are going to win it...in Jan....is insane.

What players are we trotting out? Please post the current roster? The Jan 29th blue bomber roster that proves we won't be getting better....

1 hour ago, 17to85 said:

Neufeld, Eli, Dobson, gray. Boom done.

I don't see Gray signed. He wasn't a world beater and who knows what is going on with him. Seems like the kind of guy that has a future outside of football and may be taking it. My guess is that we had money set aside for kolo/gray with a timeline and this is what happened.

It's extremely hard to improve upon a 14-4 record. In fact only 1 bomber in the history of the club has done better.

GC is a 1 game, winner take all. Losing it sucks, but pretending like you're going to add a magic player that will prove you are going to win it...in Jan....is insane.

What players are we trotting out? Please post the current roster? The Jan 29th blue bomber roster that proves we won't be getting better....

Just going by recent history and speculating from that. Not sure why I have to spell that out for you. 

Uhhh oh, got caught underpaying appreciated assets.

Per sources, Jackson Jeffcoat will not re-sign with the Blue Bombers before the CFL's negotiation window opens on Feb. 4. A return to Winnipeg remains possible but it appears the 33-year-old wants to find out what other options are available. #Bombers | #ForTheW | #CFL | #CFLFA

I honestly expected him to hit Free agency a couple of years ago, when Willie and Darrin went down to Texas to convince him to stay. Was super surprised when he re-sign then, but now I'm kind of surprised to see him looking elsewhere. 

We're a different defence when he's not on the field. Would be a huge hit. 

5 minutes ago, Mike said:

Jeffcoat is the exact kind of piece I’m glad we’re moving on from

And I can understand why you feel that way, but he's a difference maker that we don't have a replacement for right now.

That said, if you can find a difference maker on a rookie deal - that's a big deal (likely for next season though as DE's take a minute to percolate). 

1 minute ago, Jesse said:

And I can understand why you feel that way, but he's a difference maker that we don't have a replacement for right now.

That said, if you can find a difference maker on a rookie deal - that's a big deal (likely for next season though as DE's take a minute to percolate). 

Blame the ******* Riders, they just re-signed Anthony Lanier for $250k and he probably sits out more games than Jeffcoat.

Just now, Fatty Liver said:

Blame the ******* Riders, they just re-signed Anthony Lanier for $250k and he probably sits out more games than Jeffcoat.

And that's probably it.

We're too far apart on salary and Jackson probably took the hit for a couple years to keep the band together but know he's only got so many seasons left in him.

8 minutes ago, Jesse said:

And that's probably it.

We're too far apart on salary and Jackson probably took the hit for a couple years to keep the band together but know he's only got so many seasons left in him.

They both played 14 games last season, Jeffcoat's max was $185k, but his cap cost was probably less than $120k.

Just now, rebusrankin said:

May I ask why?

I think he's a difference maker. Is it the injury history? A desire to get younger at the position? Both?

There are a lot of reasons to move on. Injuries, decreasing impact plays, age/projection,

But that's why you should have had 6 new DE's in camp LAST year. If we're losing him now it's kind of too late. We better hope Haba takes a couple big leaps forward. 

Just now, Jesse said:

There are a lot of reasons to move on. Injuries, decreasing impact plays, age/projection,

But that's why you should have had 6 new DE's in camp LAST year. If we're losing him now it's kind of too late. We better hope Haba takes a couple big leaps forward. 

Good points.