2023/2024 Blue Bombers Off-Season Thread (BRADY’S BACK! DALTON’S BACK!)

Noeller

4 hours ago, Colin Unger said:

My understanding was that in the game where he bet on his own teams game he bet the under and was personally responsible for the touchdown that produced a loss on his bet unless i was reading it wrong.

Not the smartest dude then.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Farhan is going to blow smoke up any Canadian’s ass but Brady (and I say this as a HUGE fan who would love to see him in the NFL) has less than zero chance at making a NFL roster.

What’s the appeal? He tests slower than defensive linemen, he’s not young for a rookie, he has no extensive experience contributing on special teams, he has a running style where the size won’t compute at the NFL level and on top of everything else, he’s a small school Canadian. If he wasn’t Canadian, we wouldn’t even be talking about this on this side of the border.

Winnipeg Blue Bombers

• Praise Amaewhule | DL | Texas El Paso
  • Michael Ayers | LB | Ashland
  • Carter Bradley | QB | South Alabama
  • Kody Case | WR | Illinois
  • Darren Grainger | QB | Georgia State
  • Mark Gronowski | QB | South Dakota State
  • Penny Hart | WR | Georgia State
  • Gavin Holmes | WR | Baylor
  • Jalen Redmond | DL | Oklahoma
  • Anthony Witherstone | DB | Merrimack

1 hour ago, Mike said:

he has no extensive experience contributing on special teams, 

He played on special teams when he first broke in with us....however it was not a memorable experience as I believe he broke his leg on a special teams tackle....I think he shyed away from specials after that....Don't see him releshing getting caught up in that nfl grinder

3 hours ago, Noeller said:

Winnipeg Blue Bombers

• Praise Amaewhule | DL | Texas El Paso
  • Michael Ayers | LB | Ashland
  • Carter Bradley | QB | South Alabama
  • Kody Case | WR | Illinois
  • Darren Grainger | QB | Georgia State
  • Mark Gronowski | QB | South Dakota State
  • Penny Hart | WR | Georgia State
  • Gavin Holmes | WR | Baylor
  • Jalen Redmond | DL | Oklahoma
  • Anthony Witherstone | DB | Merrimack

Breakdown of the players from Ed Tait.

https://www.bluebombers.com/2023/12/12/neg-list-players-revealed/

Gonna put this here rather than the RIP Thread so more posters will see it. One of the greatest Blue Bomber DE's who ever played died today. Jim Heighton played 13 seasons in the CFL from 1969 to 81. Including nine with the Bombers from 1970-78 where he was dominant. He was a CFL Western Conference All Star twice in 1972 & 74.  He was 79 years of age. 

16 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Gonna put this here rather than the RIP Thread so more posters will see it. One of the greatest Blue Bomber DE's who ever played died today. Jim Heighton played 13 seasons in the CFL from 1969 to 81. Including nine with the Bombers from 1970-78 where he was dominant. He was a CFL Western Conference All Star twice in 1972 & 74.  He was 79 years of age. 

Valar morghulis

Praise is an interesting guy likely to be in camp imo. Not the raw athletic type, more polished and a really good football player. A lot like Habba imo. 

Redmon is a dt not de. Buts he’s got elite athleticism for a de as a very lean 6’2 290. Fits in great with the second pass rushing dt like walker.

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/jalen-redmond/32005245-4461-3410-5102-5e80a97e82ca

Ayers is a great prospect wil/smallish mlber. 

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/michael-ayers/32004159-4555-9722-5f4b-57ce957d05e3

Grownowski is an elite blue chip qb prospect in the cfl. I imagine it’ll take a while for him to work his way up if an nfl coach doesn’t fall in love with him. 

Witherstone is a big strong db, excellent tackler, big time play making potential, explosive first step and jumping. Not a guy who plays db because he’s small and can’t play wr. He’s got huge upside. 

1 hour ago, wbbfan said:

Praise is an interesting guy likely to be in camp imo. Not the raw athletic type, more polished and a really good football player. A lot like Habba imo. 

Redmon is a dt not de. Buts he’s got elite athleticism for a de as a very lean 6’2 290. Fits in great with the second pass rushing dt like walker.

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/jalen-redmond/32005245-4461-3410-5102-5e80a97e82ca

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/michael-ayers/32004159-4555-9722-5f4b-57ce957d05e3

Grownowski is an elite blue chip qb prospect in the cfl. I imagine it’ll take a while for him to work his way up if an nfl coach doesn’t fall in love with him. 

Witherstone is a big strong db, excellent tackler, big time play making potential, explosive first step and jumping. Not a guy who plays db because he’s small and can’t play wr. He’s got huge upside. 

He may be a good linebacker prospect, but why do we want that guy who killed all those people in the movies?

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

Ya my question about all of these guys is how many have any chance of being in the CFL? 

Varies guy to guy. We don’t often have end up with our NL QBs here. The dl and dbs pretty high chance. I’d say very good chance we see two or more just of that list in this camp. Hart is gonna be 28 next year, hasn’t played at all this year after being a fringe guy for 3 years. Don’t see many fringe 5’8 180 guys pushing close to 30 in nfl tcs. 
 I’d bet between 3-5 are signed for rookie camp. Redmon is a guy who could be down south a long time based on athleticism. I’m not betting on any of the QBs being here this coming season. 

56 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

Interesting piece in the Free Press about Brady. Apparently he wants to reset the market for running backs. I wonder how much he wants and how high Winnipeg would go?

Nice for him, but the market will dictate the price and RBs are in good supply. I wouldn't go too high for someone who can be replaced by a cheap American. 

1 hour ago, rebusrankin said:

Interesting piece in the Free Press about Brady. Apparently he wants to reset the market for running backs. I wonder how much he wants and how high Winnipeg would go?

if he wants north of 185k....see ya....dont need to wreck our SMS when we can easily replace his production with an import back....his Canadian ratio spot there isn't a requirement or we fall apart....use part of his slary on an entry level RB...and funnel the rest to Schoen

21 hours ago, Mike said:

Farhan is going to blow smoke up any Canadian’s ass but Brady (and I say this as a HUGE fan who would love to see him in the NFL) has less than zero chance at making a NFL roster.

What’s the appeal? He tests slower than defensive linemen, he’s not young for a rookie, he has no extensive experience contributing on special teams, he has a running style where the size won’t compute at the NFL level and on top of everything else, he’s a small school Canadian. If he wasn’t Canadian, we wouldn’t even be talking about this on this side of the border.

Totally agree. He just doesn't have the NFL running back skills.

15 hours ago, wbbfan said:

I agree on Gronowski. Throws a really nice ball. Reminds me a lot of Dru Brown.

Edited by GCn20

15 hours ago, rebusrankin said:

My question is do they get a legit shot if they end up in camp with us?

No evidence to support that they wouldn't. We have had many rookies make our lineup over the past several years. Like any other player they will have to step up and grab a job.

22 minutes ago, Booch said:

if he wants north of 185k....see ya....dont need to wreck our SMS when we can easily replace his production with an import back....his Canadian ratio spot there isn't a requirement or we fall apart....use part of his slary on an entry level RB...and funnel the rest to Schoen

I can't see it being North of 185k. I think Brady's head may be swelling a bit imo.

Edited by GCn20