2023/2024 Blue Bombers Off-Season Thread (BRADY’S BACK! DALTON’S BACK!)

Noeller

5 hours ago, GCn20 said:

What's even funnier is that for the first 8 games while Mueller was running his rocket ship last year, I don't think Maier attempted a pass beyond 8 yards. Maybe that's an exaggeration, but I do know in like 3 games preceding Mueller's demotion Maier had not attempted any passes beyond that. It's not like it was poor pass pro related either, Calgary has a pretty strong OL. It was just baffling to watch.

According to Riderfans Mace was the only candidate they truly considered even though we now know he got the job by default really after Milanovich and Buck both withdrew. Rider Stronson pretends not to be, but is the biggest O'Day apologist out there. When Dickenson was hired as HC he was touting it as a master stroke pulled off by the Riders because at least 2 other teams were about to offer him their HCing job. lmao. You can't make up stuff funnier than that.

Yup. And speaking of the Riders lowballing people this is exactly what happened. Buck withdrew as he was not offered nearly what he had expected. 

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

Right now the Riders have a QB who will be 38 coming off a serious injury, a subpar Oline, no true #1 WR (see Lawler, Schoen, Mack, Geno) and a non elite RB. I'm not seeing the ingredients for a rocket ship offense.6skdxec9zil61.gif

Free agency can change things. If I was Mace, I'd concentraye on beefing the OL up first.

26 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Free agency can change things. If I was Mace, I'd concentraye on beefing the OL up first.

Which will eat up a huge chunk of SMS if they try a quick fix...I not sure if there will even be any real top end guys available anyway...rarely there are

Trying to think of their line from last year and they didn't have a guy in any spot who could be considered in top 4 at their position....lotta work to happen there

1 hour ago, rebusrankin said:

Right now the Riders have a QB who will be 38 coming off a serious injury, a subpar Oline, no true #1 WR (see Lawler, Schoen, Mack, Geno) and a non elite RB. I'm not seeing the ingredients for a rocket ship offense.6skdxec9zil61.gif

They will have their work cut out for them just to match last years production. 

3 hours ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

I have a 2011 East Division Championship T that we bought for our entire staff in preparation for Grey Cup. We all wore the. To work the Friday before, I imagine this we meant to be out before GC itself. 

17 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

They have a God awful defence to fix as well. No team can fix everything in FA. Can't be done.

17 hours ago, Booch said:

Which will eat up a huge chunk of SMS if they try a quick fix...I not sure if there will even be any real top end guys available anyway...rarely there are

Trying to think of their line from last year and they didn't have a guy in any spot who could be considered in top 4 at their position....lotta work to happen there

Top 4? I don't see a single OL that starts for any other CFL team. Most teams have a better 6th OL than anyone starting on the Riders OL.

Edited by GCn20

47 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

They have a God awful defence to fix as well. No team can fix everything in FA. Can't be done.

Top 4? I don't see a single OL that starts for any other CFL team. Most teams have a better 6th OL than anyone starting on the Riders OL.

I was trying to be nice haha...but yeah...I didn't see anyone there who could replace a guy on any other team...and that's bad

2 hours ago, Booch said:

I was trying to be nice haha...but yeah...I didn't see anyone there who could replace a guy on any other team...and that's bad

I guess we should be careful not to tip JOD off about his talent deficiencies. By now I am sure he has realized he does not have a hot clue and is probably scouring the internet for ideas on what to and how to fix his team.

Based on the historical evidence that 100% backed up by his teams performance, this forum is probably one of, if not the best sources for a highly accurate assessment of his team and I am not even joking.

Might sound like hubris, and it would be, if our collective assessments of his work were in hindsight or not so damn specifically and irrefutably correct. This should concern Rider fans, that their arch rival's fan forum has a better and more accurate assessment of their roster and overall on field future performance than their own GM.

Edited by GCn20

6 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

Him and Reynolds are joined at the hip. 

The Riders have always had a deal with the Devil in that they have brought in guys with talent but terrible character. Jim Hopson brought in a Code of Ethics for players only to ignore it when it wasn't expedient. They've always had guys who have had run ins with the law for some serious ****. Nick Marshall is just the latest. It's no wonder they've only won 4 Grey Cups. The Riders deserve all the Bad Karma they get because of it. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

I just find it odd with the epic collapse 2 yrs straight...basically the organization as a whole looking like it has no clue the whole time Oday has been in charge and the fact they have some serious roster deficiency's which have been glaring for yrs and not fixed...and still look to be a few yrs away still of getting out of the gutter...that they extended him...but it does parallel their minimal success over 100+ yrs

13 minutes ago, Booch said:

I just find it odd with the epic collapse 2 yrs straight...basically the organization as a whole looking like it has no clue the whole time Oday has been in charge and the fact they have some serious roster deficiency's which have been glaring for yrs and not fixed...and still look to be a few yrs away still of getting out of the gutter...that they extended him...but it does parallel their minimal success over 100+ yrs

To think if they pulled the plug appropriately early they could’ve sniped some one like goveia, Ringmaiden, etc. 

I kind of feel like they are going to wait for edm to fire jones and bring him in as a gm and hc in waiting. 

6 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

To think if they pulled the plug appropriately early they could’ve sniped some one like goveia, Ringmaiden, etc. 

I kind of feel like they are going to wait for edm to fire jones and bring him in as a gm and hc in waiting. 

Please do haha

But yup...they missed the boat getting someone of quality in there earlier that's for sure

6 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

I'm surprised Jones hasn't signed Marshall. I mean Arland Bruce IV was betting against his own college team & is under suspension but Jones just signed him. What's another thug player on a weapons charge??? 

These coaches like Jones who put winning above everything else should all be gone. I'm tired of these asshats continuing to bring in players of low moral character. If they're suspended then why should the CFL be an outlet for them to play? We need as a league to honour suspensions. 

1 hour ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I'm surprised Jones hasn't signed Marshall. I mean Arland Bruce IV was betting against his own college team & is under suspension but Jones just signed him. What's another thug player on a weapons charge??? 

These coaches like Jones who put winning above everything else should all be gone. I'm tired of these asshats continuing to bring in players of low moral character. If they're suspended then why should the CFL be an outlet for them to play? We need as a league to honour suspensions. 

You're joking.....right?

"Police stopped the vehicle Marshall was driving and reportedly found a modified automatic handgun. Records said Marshall and Borders were in “possession of sawed-off shotgun, sawed-off rifle, dangerous weapon, or silencer.”"

I realize that it's Georgia but even they have gun laws. If he's found guilty, he'll be playing QB for the Georgia State Prison "Rough Riders" for the next five years (manditory sentence for him if found guilty) a la Burt Reynolds in The Longest Yard.

43 minutes ago, Slimy Sculpin said:

You're joking.....right?

"Police stopped the vehicle Marshall was driving and reportedly found a modified automatic handgun. Records said Marshall and Borders were in “possession of sawed-off shotgun, sawed-off rifle, dangerous weapon, or silencer.”"

I realize that it's Georgia but even they have gun laws. If he's found guilty, he'll be playing QB for the Georgia State Prison "Rough Riders" for the next five years (manditory sentence for him if found guilty) a la Burt Reynolds in The Longest Yard.

No, unfortunately I'm serious. Committing a crime never stopped Jones from signing players before. Lookj at the Bruce IV signing. A guy a lot of teams would never sign as he's suspended by the NCAA for shaving points vs his own team. Jones still signs him??? The CFL should never allow that contract to be registered. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

20 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

No, unfortunately I'm serious. Committing a crime never stopped Jones from signing players before. Lookj at the Bruce IV signing. A guy a lot of teams would never sign as he's suspended by the NCAA for shaving points vs his own team. Jones still signs him??? The CFL should never allow that contract to be registered. 

I'm sure Jones would love to have him. CBSA likely will have something to say about it now.

On 2023-12-09 at 8:22 PM, Tracker said:

If Bruce was so compulsed with his gambling that he bet on his own team and even possibly shaved points, he is in very deep and his gambling has him by his pubes. Jones continues to give the CFL the finger.

My understanding was that in the game where he bet on his own teams game he bet the under and was personally responsible for the touchdown that produced a loss on his bet unless i was reading it wrong.