Which Vets do we cut next season

Brandon

30 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

EEEwww.. No offense to those living in The Pas but one of those in enough. I shall note that as a Thompson resident that is our Woolerton. 

Lol. When you've been fishing/eating fish for a week, chicken or pizza in TP on the way home, is the bomb. 

The Fort Hew thing goes back all the way to when they started using the For The W marketing slogan. Someone recognized early on that when used as a hashtag, it runs together as Fort Hew, which made sense as a great nickname for the stadium. Then there was the Moose prior to that Banjo Bowl game, whatever year that was, that got loose near the stadium and held up traffic, and he became Hewie The Moose. It just goes back SO FAR..... and I (along with most of the diehards/regulars) have been using it ever since. At least 6 or 7 years now. 

12 minutes ago, Goalie said:

They probably should have went with Princess Auto Field as that actually does sound better than stadium. Maybe even Princess Auto Center Then we could call it the PAC like 2pac and that sounds gangsta for sure. 

Princess Auto Field at Winnipeg Stadium would have been best case. 

But - we aren’t paying the money for sponsorship. 

22 minutes ago, Goalie said:

They probably should have went with Princess Auto Field as that actually does sound better than stadium. Maybe even Princess Auto Center Then we could call it the PAC like 2pac and that sounds gangsta for sure. 

Agreed, the PAC sounds badass- the PAS,  reminds everyone that the pas exists... which is no good for anyone really.

Total missed opportunity. 

Edited by Wanna-B-Fanboy

On 2024-01-28 at 5:44 PM, MOBomberFan said:

I recall the exactly first time I heard 'Fort Hew'. It was Aug17 2017, Winnipeg is hosting Edmonton that night... Wade Miller happens to drive past by my worksite and spots me decked out in Bomber gear, I spot him and give a hearty cheer. He hits the breaks and asks us to sit tight and soon after his assistant is on site handing us tickets for the game. Most of these guys had never been to a football game in their lives and were completely unaware of all things Bomber related, but they were pumped to go. Fast forward to gathering at the stadium and someone asks me what this #FORTHEW printed in bold on the ticket meant, but of course they pronounce it 'Fort Hew' and I like to think that put the term out there into the universe somehow. A few short weeks later the police would be called in to tranq Hewey, our famous moose on the loose. Big year for bomber stadium lore, whatever you call it. PAS is taking some time to grow on me...

Real Celebrity Jeopardy Sean Connery stuff there....#analbumcover....lol

• 2 weeks later...

need to go cheaper in a few spots...Have at Rt Tackle...with departure of Houston, and possibly Rose that may be the area we do it, as we seem to excel at finding DB's

With Bailey unsigned, we may go entry level at the 5th receiver spot now too...I don't think we can offer any less to Bailey and as much as he loves it here and wants to be here...he needs to look after himself now too at this juncture of his career..then again...u never know..maybe we offer him similar or a bit more...If we moving on from Jeffcoat, and feel no need to sign a vet thats available and go soley with 2 entry level guys then maybe we have money for Bailey...With Walker moving on, and Fox on the cheap....savings with JJ and Walker likely gives us about 100k surplus with replacing them both with entry level guys from what we had on books for them last yr

4 minutes ago, Booch said:

need to go cheaper in a few spots...Have at Rt Tackle...with departure of Houston, and possibly Rose that may be the area we do it, as we seem to excel at finding DB's

With Bailey unsigned, we may go entry level at the 5th receiver spot now too...I don't think we can offer any less to Bailey and as much as he loves it here and wants to be here...he needs to look after himself now too at this juncture of his career..then again...u never know..maybe we offer him similar or a bit more...If we moving on from Jeffcoat, and feel no need to sign a vet thats available and go soley with 2 entry level guys then maybe we have money for Bailey...With Walker moving on, and Fox on the cheap....savings with JJ and Walker likely gives us about 100k surplus with replacing them both with entry level guys from what we had on books for them last yr

He wasn't making much over league minimum last year so if he agreed to the same contract as last year I'm sure we would sign him in a heart beat.