Grey Cup - Game Week Thread

Mark H.

Depending on where I'm living this time next year I might head to BC. If I'm in Alberta still, it'd be a shorter, easier trip to make. If I'm in MB/NWOnt, probably not. Either way, I'm taking the whole week off for '25 and gonna party that one up right!

21 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Depending on where I'm living this time next year I might head to BC. If I'm in Alberta still, it'd be a shorter, easier trip to make. If I'm in MB/NWOnt, probably not. Either way, I'm taking the whole week off for '25 and gonna party that one up right!

Squint hard if you're looking at hotel prices in Vancouver. Only way to make the numbers look smaller.

28 minutes ago, Mark H. said:

Straight rye in a 500 ml paper cup.

Nah. I learned my lesson drinking tea coloured rye and cokes with the RM employees. 

27 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Squint hard if you're looking at hotel prices in Vancouver. Only way to make the numbers look smaller.

Can’t say enough good things about Davey St. Like being in Manhattan at a fraction of the cost. 

18 minutes ago, Booch said:

The day they left....the day before...and on Friday as I was in T.O for business until today...why u ask numbnuts?

Was asking so I could gauge how recently you had seen him and how he was progressing. Since you said “this week” it sounded like you were in Hamilton (which I guess in fact you were since it is a short trip from T.O. and you would have seen him at practice on Friday). So if you saw him this week on Friday it is encouraging and gives us who aren’t there to see it some insight and hope, since reports all week were that he wasn’t practising. But when you said you weren’t there this year and would be watching from Winnipeg, I was wondering when you saw him (like maybe Monday on their way out of town) and if he was moving well at the start of the week, it would strike me as odd that he wasn’t practising at all.

Was just looking for some more intel on his status, and looking for clarity as to when he was moving well, the start of the week or the end?

1 minute ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Was asking so I could gauge how recently you had seen him and how he was progressing. Since you said “this week” it sounded like you were in Hamilton (which I guess in fact you were since it is a short trip from T.O. and you would have seen him at practice on Friday). So if you saw him this week on Friday it is encouraging and gives us who aren’t there to see it some insight and hope, since reports all week were that he wasn’t practising. But when you said you weren’t there this year and would be watching from Winnipeg, I was wondering when you saw him (like maybe Monday on their way out of town) and if he was moving well at the start of the week, it would strike me as odd that he wasn’t practising at all.

Was just looking for some more intel on his status, and looking for clarity as to when he was moving well, the start of the week or the end?

No...u mock...roll eyes and dispute everything I say...u saw I said I would be in winnipeg for cup...so we're trying to again...question my validity...I know yer game and it humours me...on another note watch that clip on Bailey as well...right at end Schoen is tossing a football to himself as he walks past Sheed...he has been moving fine tho for well over a week...doesnt really need to practice but like I mentioned in another post we as fans  don't see the work behind the scenes and outside of practice media is allowed to view

39 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

You’re not kidding. I was looking today to book a work trip and even using a normally very good corp code the were crazy high. Even Winnipeg has been very high lately but TO in mud December was pretty cheap to book. 

15 minutes ago, GCJenks said:

You’re not kidding. I was looking today to book a work trip and even using a normally very good corp code the were crazy high. Even Winnipeg has been very high lately but TO in mud December was pretty cheap to book. 

And with Vancouver not allowing air b and b type things now it's likely only going to get worse.

1 hour ago, Booch said:

No...u mock...roll eyes and dispute everything I say...u saw I said I would be in winnipeg for cup...so we're trying to again...question my validity...I know yer game and it humours me...on another note watch that clip on Bailey as well...right at end Schoen is tossing a football to himself as he walks past Sheed...he has been moving fine tho for well over a week...doesnt really need to practice but like I mentioned in another post we as fans  don't see the work behind the scenes and outside of practice media is allowed to view

Actually wasn’t.

Hopefully Schoen will appear tomorrow, would be a huge addition for the offence, especially if Demski and Bailey are still dinged.