Grey Cup - Game Week Thread

Mark H.

Just now, HardCoreBlue said:

Dear football gods,

What he means to say is, oh forget it, he’s right we should crush them. 

But do please have mercy on our souls.

amen.

Yup.  Not concerned about jinxing things or wearing a lucky jersey or any of that crap.  The Bombers learned a valuable lesson last year and they will not lose this year to a second-tier team.

1 hour ago, Booch said:

find it intresting/odd/funny in one the matchup advantage articles they gave the Als the DB advantage...even tho we as a defence gave up least points....least yards vs pass....and the least TD against versus the pass....

I guess they had to give Montreal something... since half of their writers think they'll win.

Zack has to have a better Cup game than last year ....plain and simple....Looking at their D, which seems to have come to the forefront lately, I'd say Collaros should be careful throwing into Dequoy's area....He seems to have the knack of disappearing in their defensive scheme and pops up with pics out of the blue.....The other guys on D have to be constrained .....Sankey and the Lemonater are tough to handle but we have the players that can neutralize them to a certain extent....Keeping them out of our backfield is key......Our special teams have to be 'light out' in this one ...I hope they can dig deep and keep Faj in bad field position...cuz we know he gets flusterd easy and tends to cough the ball up....And for cripes sake watch out for this little Letcher guy...He's fast small and slippery and can burn up the field in a nano second....Also shutting down Mack early is certainly key and don't underestimate this little Snead guy...Faj luvs to target them but our DB'S can more than handle what they serve up.....All in all we certainly have a good shot at making up for the one that got away on us last year.....GOBIGBLUE

1 minute ago, Stickem said:

Zack has to have a better Cup game than last year ....plain and simple....Looking at their D, which seems to have come to the forefront lately, I'd say Collaros should be careful throwing into Dequoy's area....He seems to have the knack of disappearing in their defensive scheme and pops up with pics out of the blue.....The other guys on D have to be constrained .....Sankey and the Lemonater are tough to handle but we have the players that can neutralize them to a certain extent....Keeping them out of our backfield is key......Our special teams have to be 'light out' in this one ...I hope they can dig deep and keep Faj in bad field position...cuz we know he gets flusterd easy and tends to cough the ball up....And for cripes sake watch out for this little Letcher guy...He's fast small and slippery and can burn up the field in a nano second....Also shutting down Mack early is certainly key and don't underestimate this little Snead guy...Faj luvs to target them but our DB'S can more than handle what they serve up.....All in all we certainly have a good shot at making up for the one that got away on us last year.....GOBIGBLUE

well...ZC is healthy this yr...so there is that factor....he also looks pretty dialed in and pumped too....as long as he plays within himself and doesn't force it...I like our odds

re: the comparison of this year's Als to the 2011 Bombers.... I'd had that thought, as well, but the difference is the Bombers in 2011 backed into the playoffs after a great start to the year, and then shitting their pants in the back half. The Als actually got better as the season went on, and (at least defensively) are playing their best football when it matters. Their O still sucks, though, because The Fajtastic Voyage is among the worst "starting" QBs we've seen in many many years. If the Als had an actual starting QB (even someone like Trevor Harris) they would be a really good team and this game is immediately more of a toss-up.

1 hour ago, Mark F said:

probably be a low score game...*

The only way the Als can win is by turnovers, and field position/special teams scores.

hard to say with chad's awful performance if their defence is as formidable as it looks.

I think Buck/Zach  need to be a bit  better than last game.

stanback does not look as good as he once was. their O line is dodgy.

need to figure out how to block maciocia smug little mug on tv screen.

* peering into future, final score 52 bomber 51 als.

If we can get out to an early 4 point lead that should be enough to ice the game from that point.

1 minute ago, rebusrankin said:

What about the fact that Montreal is coming off an emotional upset? Teams often play worse the following game.

Sometimes they carry  momentum forward. We will need to squash any good will they are feeling right off the bat and then it should be a cake walk from there.

1 minute ago, rebusrankin said:

What about the fact that Montreal is coming off an emotional upset? Teams often play worse the following game.

they showed that they can steal a game if a team isn't careful..... that, combined with the Bombers losing in a similar fashion last GC, means the Bombers aren't going to be taking Montreal lightly in this game. I know I know... Any Given Sunday and all that...... but this really shouldn't be close. Zach doesn't have to win it, just can't lose the game for us.... and the D will do the rest. This game really shouldn't be close. 

19 minutes ago, Noeller said:

re: the comparison of this year's Als to the 2011 Bombers.... I'd had that thought, as well, but the difference is the Bombers in 2011 backed into the playoffs after a great start to the year, and then shitting their pants in the back half. The Als actually got better as the season went on, and (at least defensively) are playing their best football when it matters. Their O still sucks, though, because The Fajtastic Voyage is among the worst "starting" QBs we've seen in many many years. If the Als had an actual starting QB (even someone like Trevor Harris) they would be a really good team and this game is immediately more of a toss-up.

Yes, if IFS and BUTs were coconuts we'd all be living in Hawaii. If Calgary had a better QB, if BC had Rourke, If Edmonton had..well a lot of things, if the RIders weren't lost in the woods management wise etc, etc, Montreal has who they have and because of that they are not a very good offensive club. 

2 minutes ago, Noeller said:

they showed that they can steal a game if a team isn't careful..... that, combined with the Bombers losing in a similar fashion last GC, means the Bombers aren't going to be taking Montreal lightly in this game. I know I know... Any Given Sunday and all that...... but this really shouldn't be close. Zach doesn't have to win it, just can't lose the game for us.... and the D will do the rest. This game really shouldn't be close. 

Unless we **** the bed this will be a 20 point spread.

41 minutes ago, Booch said:

well...ZC is healthy this yr...so there is that factor....he also looks pretty dialed in and pumped too....as long as he plays within himself and doesn't force it...I like our odds

All ZC has to do is manage the game effectively and we win. That pots us 25 points and there is no hope in hell that Montreal can do that offensively.

1 minute ago, Jpan85 said:

Zach through all the success has not had that big game yet in the playoffs, a 300 yard 4 td game. I know the weather is not conducive to a  big passing attack in the playoffs but he is due for a big one.

He is due. I think we see a big game from Brady and Zach with around 225 yards to 250 yards with a TD. Safe on offense, don't mess up on ST or D type of game.

I just want to remind everyone that the last time we played them Zac had a disastrous first half tossing 3 INTs one of them a pick 6. We went on to win by a 30 point spread holding them to 17. In the game in Montreal, Zac played damn near perfect but just game managed us to a very score is deceiving 17-3 victory where we simply bully balled the clock away the entire 2nd half. In two games this year the Montreal offence has generated  2FG, and TD and that is with significant amounts of garbage time.

Edited by GCn20

12 minutes ago, Jpan85 said:

Zach through all the success has not had that big game yet in the playoffs, a 300 yard 4 td game. I know the weather is not conducive to a  big passing attack in the playoffs but he is due for a big one.

We don't game plan for him to shoot the lights out. It's straight up bully ball and it works.

23 hours ago, Wanna-B-Fanboy said:

Odd, I thought it was drawn up- he did that 2 times for sure... possibly a 3rd during the last game.

Improv. It's his safety valve and QBs are taught to eat it and take the sack unless it's a sure thing.

7 minutes ago, Wanna-B-Fanboy said:

Once again. Sure. Agreed. Not what I am referencing.

Its like screaming into the vacuum of space...

Or perhaps you are not making your point clear? Are you referring to sports books? If so, he is right they hate to be wrong but occasionally they take a bad beat and that is actually good for business in the long run.

Edited by GCn20

15 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

He is due. I think we see a big game from Brady and Zach with around 225 yards to 250 yards with a TD. Safe on offense, don't mess up on ST or D type of game.

I think we see BO on a mission...and is dominant...and that to me opens up a Lawler 7 to 10 catch game...160 yards and 2 scores....and another all-time great Grey Cup reception.....thats what I see

And minimum 6 sacks and the Faj doing a limping or shoulder injury schtick acting job