East Final GDT - Argonauts vs Alouettes

MOBomberFan

1 minute ago, Colin Unger said:

I wonder if its a case of not thinking they could beat Winnipeg with Dukes. If they had to pull Kelly for a concussion in a playoff game then it becomes a league doctors thing and likely he wouldn't have got clearance to play in the Grey Cup. 

That actually makes it so much worse on the part of the team… don’t report a concussion so they can put that player back on the field?  That could have been a Tua Tagovailoa/Miami Dolphins level fiasco.  Ridiculous.

14 hours ago, Colin Unger said:

I wonder if its a case of not thinking they could beat Winnipeg with Dukes. If they had to pull Kelly for a concussion in a playoff game then it becomes a league doctors thing and likely he wouldn't have got clearance to play in the Grey Cup. 

nah....this concussion is fiction created by a QB desperately trying to justify a playoff melt down that could kill his NFL dream.

Whatever the case is with Kelly, what I saw on his face in the 4th Q of that game leads me to believe he is a QB that is going to take a big step back. You could literally see him Fajardo/D.Evans right before our eyes last week. That look of complete realization that I am not really as good as I thought I was just oozed out of his expression, Like many other rookie/young QBs I think his confidence came crashing down that day....and that is not a good thing.

2 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

Whatever the case is with Kelly, what I saw on his face in the 4th Q of that game leads me to believe he is a QB that is going to take a big step back. You could literally see him Fajardo/D.Evans right before our eyes last week. That look of complete realization that I am not really as good as I thought I was just oozed out of his expression, Like many other rookie/young QBs I think his confidence came crashing down that day....and that is not a good thing.

you could see it in the first quarter.....

12 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

nah....this concussion is fiction created by a QB desperately trying to justify a playoff melt down that could kill his NFL dream.

Does it make him more desirable to the NFL being a guy who just had a concussion. I did think about that angle but I dismissed it in my mind for this reason.

5 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

I've been saying it all season: the Argos are a good team, but they haven't really been tested. They didn't face the Bombers in any significant way after the latter bowed out of the contest, which sucked the energy out of Winnipeg. When they played BC, it was in Toronto, and no matter how good the Argos' defense is, Vernon Adams had the worst game of his career. The rest of their schedule was filled with sub-elite teams. The Argos were very consistent but not as dominant as Winnipeg often was. Despite their 16-2 record, they gave up more points than Winnipeg and scored fewer points than Winnipeg

5 minutes ago, Booch said:

NFL won't touch him moreso on his checkered past, and the fact he isnt that good,

I too think its a bit of a pipe dream that he's going to land back in the NFL. Winning MOP probably helps him a bit which is funny because the media is trying to help the argos by giving Kelly the award. Would love to see that backfire!

16 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

It's that same glazed look that Drew Wily had in that game against the ticats a number of years ago.

Choke Kelly was drew wily'd that game.

1 hour ago, GCn20 said:

Chad Kelly took John Hodge for a ride and made him look like a gullible idiot.  Elsewhere on 3dn Dinwiddie told Dunk he heard about the concussion from his wife, who only saw on their site, and “who is as bad for reading 3dn as he is”. Hahhahahahaha what a backhand to them.  Chad Kelly himself on cfl.ca “I’ve moved on from that game, I’ve even worked out twice”. Wow some serious powers of recovery who had an out of body concussion experience right after stinking out the stadium.   Newsflash Chad, that feeling was utter humiliation, not a concussion 🙄

Edited by BigBlueFanatic

1 minute ago, BigBlueFanatic said:

Chad Kelly took John Hodge for a ride and made him look like a gullible idiot.  Elsewhere on 3dn Dinwiddie told Dunk he heard about it from his wife “who is as bad for reading 3dn as he is”. Hahhahahahaha what a backhand to them.  Chad Kelly himself on cfl.ca “I’ve moved on from that game, I’ve even worked out twice”. Wow some serious powers of recovery who had an out of body concussion experience right after stinking out the stadium.   Newsflash Chad, that feeling was utter humiliation, not a concussion 🙄

marcellus-wallace.gif

That's pride ****in' with you. 

Pride only hurts. It never helps. 

1 hour ago, Booch said:

you could see it in the first quarter.....

In the 4th they showed a close up of him behind centre as he was about to take the snap, he looked broken mentally. I've seen that expression before in Drew Willy and Dane Evans. 

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

isn't Kelly also like 30+?? His NFL days are long past, and as stated, he really isn't that good... this MOP award is pure fabrication from a league desperate to make the Toronto market a "Thing"...

Kelly is 29, and QB age works a little different than normal player age. It won't be an age factor that doesn't get him back to the NFL. Had he had the playoffs of his life I think he would have had a strong chance at the NFL but game film from Saturday may have sunk his chances as nothing more than TCF... if he gets a sniff at all.

Edited by GCn20

15 hours ago, BigBlueFanatic said:

That actually makes it so much worse on the part of the team… don’t report a concussion so they can put that player back on the field?  That could have been a Tua Tagovailoa/Miami Dolphins level fiasco.  Ridiculous.

Watching CK and learning more about him, chances are he just nicely inserted the Argo's medical team under the bus.

3 hours ago, Noeller said:

isn't Kelly also like 30+?? His NFL days are long past, and as stated, he really isn't that good... this MOP award is pure fabrication from a league desperate to make the Toronto market a "Thing"...

Think about what TSN did for Fajardo after the 2019 season... they still literally act like he's a superstar in this league... whether Chad continues to be a good QB... or reverts back to below average... TSN has anointed him a superstar... and they'll keep that train rolling for at least 4-5 more years....