East Final GDT - Argonauts vs Alouettes

MOBomberFan

20 minutes ago, Dodge and Burn said:

Both defenses will play great I'm sure. 

Al's have the edge in specials

This game comes down to Zac for me...

August Zac. We win. 

November Zac. Its a close game. 

Wow you've left off a vacumous amount of info here trying to make it close. 

Als DON'T have an edge in specials. We have better punting & kicking as well as even on returns. 

Zach vs Fajardo? Really?

Our OL is the best in the CFL.

Huge edge in the run game. 

Bombers vs Als receiving: Even. Only because of injuries.

DL edge to the Als.

Linebacking. Edge to the Als.

Secondary. Edge to the Bombers.

Coaching. Huge edge to the Bombers. 

7 hours ago, Dodge and Burn said:

Both defenses will play great I'm sure. 

Al's have the edge in specials

This game comes down to Zac for me...

August Zac. We win. 

November Zac. Its a close game. 

Any team with Grant lurking around I think would have the edge.....mind you our cover teams have blown for the most part, but have we gave up a return TD this yr?...I don't recall

7 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Wow you've left off a vacumous amount of info here trying to make it close. 

Als DON'T have an edge in specials. We have better punting & kicking as well as even on returns. 

Zach vs Fajardo? Really?

Our OL is the best in the CFL.

Huge edge in the run game. 

Bombers vs Als receiving: Even. Only because of injuries.

DL edge to the Als.

Linebacking. Edge to the Als.

Secondary. Edge to the Bombers.

Coaching. Huge edge to the Bombers. 

I agree....position group wise, and coaching I dont see anywhere that the Als have the edge...Dline interior I would give them, if that Moustafa Johnson is a FA I hope we go hard after him....But if we get smart with our roster and replace Biggie with Fox if he can't go, the dline interior is a wash....and we all know and seen how Jeffcoat elevates his game in the playoffs...as well as WJ...Nobody compares to then come playoffs in a one and done

The key thing...this whole staff, and 25 guys are still here from 2019, and basically the whole squad is back from 2022...thats huge and cant be understated one bit....and seeing on how they know they let 2022 slip thru their fingers...I can't see them not coming out majorly motivated, and if they get up fast and early...can see this spiralling out of control fast for the Als and be very lopsided...especially when the Faj is the opposing QB

Edited by Booch

21 minutes ago, Booch said:

The key thing...this whole staff, and 25 guys are still here from 2019, and basically the whole squad is back from 2022...thats huge and cant be understated one bit....and seeing on how they know they let 2022 slip thru their fingers...I can't see them not coming out majorly motivated, and if they get up fast and early...can see this spiralling out of control fast for the Als and be very lopsided...especially when the Faj is the opposing QB

My only concern about this game is that Faj get pulled early and Evans goes on some magical/freak run.

But really, I'm not concerned at all.

Chad Kelly now stating that he did not make poor decisions, he was concussed and that is why he would not shake hands as well. He does not know when the concussion happened or when he first noticed it...but concussed. I'm not calling him a liar but I've smelled fishing trawlers that smelled less fishy.

Edited by GCn20

Kelly is now saying he essentially played the whole game with a concussion. One that occurred early in the first half but he can't identify the hit or the play as to when it happened.   If he's not just making excuses which would be well within his character you have to wonder if it was a case of him being too selfish to tell the medical staff and the coaches or if he told them and they put his health at risk by not putting him into concussion protocol and removing him from the game. 

I see three scenarios.

1. He's an excuse making wuss.
2. He's selfish and not a team player.
3. The team should be investigated for abuse of a player.

1 minute ago, Colin Unger said:

Kelly is now saying he essentially played the whole game with a concussion. One that occurred early in the first half but he can't identify the hit or the play as to when it happened.   If he's not just making excuses which would be well within his character you have to wonder if it was a case of him being too selfish to tell the medical staff and the coaches or if he told them and they put his health at risk by not putting him into concussion protocol and removing him from the game. 

I see three scenarios.

1. He's an excuse making wuss.
2. He's selfish and not a team player.
3. The team should be investigated for abuse of a player.

I was feeling sorry for him until he conveniently used it as an excuse for immediately vacating the field instead of shaking hands. That's when narcissist alarm bells began blaring in my character assessment portion of my amygdala.

1 minute ago, GCn20 said:

I was feeling sorry for him until he conveniently used it as an excuse for immediately vacating the field instead of shaking hands. That's when narcissist alarm bells began blaring in my character assessment portion of my amygdala.

Not only that but an excuse for his performance. That's not leadership.  If you're not pulling yourself out of the game for an injury you need to take responsibility for your performance.

8 minutes ago, blue85gold said:

I have that nagging worry too. Bombers would have won the cup last year if they hadn't knocked MBT out of the game.

Evans? Magical run? I mean anything's possible but this is waaaay down on my list of concerns for Sunday.

8 minutes ago, blue85gold said:

I have that nagging worry too. Bombers would have won the cup last year if they hadn't knocked MBT out of the game.

I'm not the hugest Chad Kelly fan but there is a significant difference between him entering the game last year and Evans potentially coming in this year. Caleb Evans has had a ton of time to demonstrate competence and has failed, I don't see him suddenly becoming a Bomber beater in the Grey Cup. This isn't a blue chipper that just hasn't gotten his chance. This is a guy who has gotten a ton of playing time and has demonstrated that his high end is as a back up.

Edited by GCn20

7 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

Evans? Magical run? I mean anything's possible but this is waaaay down on my list of concerns for Sunday.

I'm not the hugest Chad Kelly fan but there is a significant difference between him entering the game last year and Evans potentially coming in this year. Caleb Evans has had a ton of time to demonstrate competence and has failed, I don't see him suddenly becoming a Bomber beater in the Grey Cup. This isn't a blue chipper that just hasn't gotten his chance. This is a guy who has gotten a ton of playing time and has demonstrated that his high end is as a back up.

To me it doesn't matter who the back up is for me to worry. I've seen enough 2nd/3rd stringers come in an shock the bombers.

23 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

Chad Kelly now stating that he did not make poor decisions, he was concussed and that is why he would not shake hands as well. He does not know when the concussion happened or when he first noticed it...but concussed. I'm not calling him a liar but I've smelled fishing trawlers that smelled less fishy.

well...excuses are for...................

Chadwick says he had an 'out of his body' experience and left the game to go to the washroom....Now I don't know about you but I think this guy was hanging around with Macbeth for too long....I think he was in the can waiting for a space ship arrival so he could be on his way....My gawd this whole scenario sounds a little crazy....He was concussed and says he didn't know what he was doing....then why the hell were you on the field....Dimwittie should have pulled him ...What a clown show and a dangerous one IF Kelly was actually concussed....which I doubt

Edited by Stickem

Montreal is a good team. They won't be worried about playing us like a lot of teams. Beating the top team in the league by wins was huge for them last week. They are deeply invested in the 'Us against the World' storyline. 

We look better in most categories, but Toronto looked better too. I don't think they have the players to beat us straight up, but a couple breaks going their way could tip the scales. 

They have the D to control Brady O and a running game which means it won't be like it was last week against BC. 

Their O is a ton of short shots with the occasional deep shot. They have to hit some of those deep shots to have a shot. 

I'm hoping for a close game, cuz blowouts are boring to me. 

3 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

Montreal is a good team. They won't be worried about playing us like a lot of teams. Beating the top team in the league by wins was huge for them last week. They are deeply invested in the 'Us against the World' storyline. 

We look better in most categories, but Toronto looked better too. I don't think they have the players to beat us straight up, but a couple breaks going their way could tip the scales. 

They have the D to control Brady O and a running game which means it won't be like it was last week against BC. 

Their O is a ton of short shots with the occasional deep shot. They have to hit some of those deep shots to have a shot. 

I'm hoping for a close game, cuz blowouts are boring to me. 

Yeah the Al's have a formidable team...more so on defence, as nobody on that offence should really scare the pants off of anyone, nor do they have a guy...let alone 2 that you really need to scheme against..play clean sound ball and the Faj can't beat anyone

if they get a several big breaks....we make a few huge errors....and if they can eliminate BO...they have a chance...but thats a lot of ifs.....They I think blew their wad against the Argo's....so don't see a repeat all around performance on sunday that they got against the Argos....mainly the 9 turnovers...

Also....we are so deep in the Faj's head...it's gonna affect him the first time he see's or senses pressure...and he will be typical Faj

Edited by Booch

5 minutes ago, Stickem said:

Chadwick says he had an 'out of his body' experience and left the game to go to the washroom....Now I don't know about you but I think this guy was hanging around with Macbeth for too long....I think he was in the can waiting for a space ship arrival so he could be on his way....My gawd this whole scenario sounds a little crazy....He was concussed and says he didn't know what he was doing....then why the hell were you on the field....Dimwittie shoule have pulled him ...What a clown show and a dangverous one IF Kelly was actually concussed

I just think this is all rather convenient excuse making and that it shows a ton about his character. Own up to your crap game and quit making excuses Chad.

Als D is really good to be sure, and they may give Brady and our run game problems, but you can't really look at the East Final and not notice Chad handed them the game (hence his lame assed excuses).

I just can't imagine a world where ZC8 crumbles like that.  No matter what else happens on Sunday, the Als won't be handed the ball 9 times.

Just now, Pickle Rick said:

Als D is really good to be sure, and they may give Brady and our run game problems, but you can't really look at the East Final and not notice Chad handed them the game (hence his lame assed excuses).

I just can't imagine a world where ZC8 crumbles like that.  No matter what else happens on Sunday, the Als won't be handed the ball 9 times.

we did hand them 14 easy points already...then ZC sucked it up and hung over 40 on them...I'm not too worried about it

8 minutes ago, Booch said:

Yeah the Al's have a formidable team...more so on defence, as nobody on that offence should really scare the pants off of anyone, nor do they have a guy...let alone 2 that you really need to scheme against..play clean sound ball and the Faj can't beat anyone

if they get a several big breaks....we make a few huge errors....and if they can eliminate BO...they have a chance...but thats a lot of ifs.....They I think blew their wad against the Argo's....so don't see a repeat all around performance on sunday that they got against the Argos....mainly the 9 turnovers...

Also....we are so deep in the Faj's head...it's gonna affect him the first time he see's or senses pressure...and he will be typical Faj

I see no reason to believe they can eliminate BO. He has averaged 119.5 yards/6.3 ypc against them this season. They were mid pack in run defence this year, I am not sure why everyone is suddenly thinking they are some run stopping machine all of a sudden.