FNF Stamps at Lions GDT

bustamente

29 minutes ago, Wideleft said:

Maier was only 10/21 for 123 yards.

Barely did anything. BC imploded.

48 minutes ago, greenrider55 said:

If only Betts was remotely likeable. Cool to see someone set a record, but he’s a ****** canoe.

Agreed. Also overrated. Does BC even play the run? I've never seen a DE with less responsibility of contain. He is fast, ill give him that. Allows him to track down a QB after running 15 yards into the backfield. 

11 minutes ago, do or die said:

Couple of BC defensive backs styling and profiling in their end zone...... with their team down late, by 3 TDs.......

Imbiciles. 

Yup...glad we don't have assbags like that...speaking of assbags that 47...wtf was that...head butt...then goes down to fake a punch to the gut/nutsack only to fake dude out and try to catch an undercut tomthw chin?? Man the CFL should have a pair of onions and suspend him for next game...that's even beyond Spitty McEyegouge stupidity...BC is just trash thru and thru... especially when not going well for them...overated squad all yr long

going back to Judge for a second... he's been playing hurt for most of this year, and still looked damn good last night. He was a guy I really liked in that draft year, but took a bit to come into his own. Deferring to the Booch's and JBRs of the world.... is he a guy that can be a Bighill replacement at MACK full time? Not sure what his contract status is, but he seems like a guy that would be an interesting pick up in FA....

Edited by Noeller

3 hours ago, Booch said:

Yup...glad we don't have assbags like that...speaking of assbags that 47...wtf was that...head butt...then goes down to fake a punch to the gut/nutsack only to fake dude out and try to catch an undercut tomthw chin?? Man the CFL should have a pair of onions and suspend him for next game...that's even beyond Spitty McEyegouge stupidity...BC is just trash thru and thru... especially when not going well for them...overated squad all yr long

When a team like BC takes that many discipline penalties, it's on the coaching staff. Their D definitely were exposed as vulnerable to the run. A loss like that is not the way you want to go into the playoffs. I expect it'll be Calgary showing up at IG Field for the West final. 

Edited by Doublezero

8 minutes ago, Noeller said:

going back to Judge for a second... he's been playing hurt for most of this year, and still looked damn good last night. He was a guy I really liked in that draft year, but took a bit to come into his own. Deferring to the Booch's and JBRs of the world.... is he a guy that can be a Bighill replacement at MACK full time? Not sure what his contract status is, but he seems like a guy that would be an interesting pick up in FA....

Signed a contract extension with Calgary in January and is with them through 2024. 

7 hours ago, Booch said:

Yep, not a good look for the Lions. Dirty play and then hamming it up for the cameras when they make the odd play as if it were an all-world performance. Team has some discipline issues for sure. Lions defense is reminiscent of the year when Bombers had Rod Rust as the DC and had a small, fast defense that Sask exposed with their inability to stop the running game. Key to beating the Lions is running the ball down their throats and being physical.

2 minutes ago, SteakTips said:

Yep, not a good look for the Lions. Dirty play and then hamming it up for the cameras when they make the odd play as if it were an all-world performance. Team has some discipline issues for sure. Lions defense is reminiscent of the year when Bombers had Rod Rust as the DC and had a small, fast defense that Sask exposed with their inability to stop the running game. Key to beating the Lions is running the ball down their throats and being physical.

Ryan Phillips sets that tone for sure.

1 hour ago, TBURGESS said:

Everyone is going to run on the Lions. The key to beating them is to stop their deep ball offence. 

That's what we did last game when we adjusted....we played up more...disrupted the reciever timing and getting into the routes and kept the Vaj basically in the pocket and having to find a secondary guy...he couldn't...and they lost as we ground and pounded

On 2023-10-21 at 7:01 AM, Booch said:

The Lions receivers & linebackers lead the way with bad behaviour. The Lions DC Ryan Phillips is a dickhead on the bench. Campbell just lets it all happen. Refuses to get control of the idiots running the show. So then, why are we all surprised with the late season collapse? The Luions lack focus & team discipline. The inmates are running the asylum there. I just saw a lot of Me First selfish play by the Lions Friday night. As if, they didn't care anymore.

How about the Riders with their diva receivers including Kian Schaefer-Baker? Makes a 5 yard catch yesterday, Survives a hard tackle & jumps up glaring, huffing & puffing while pointing his arm forward like he's some kind of tough guy.... As in, like surviving a shotgun blast to the chest with no ill effects. He does that on every catch he makes. Say, didn't Schafer-Baker miss half the season due to injury? The tough ain't so tough after all. What a prima dona. You catch footballs for a living. You're expected to make the tough catches. Do your job, fool.

Again, Dickenson is a weak head coach who would rather lose games & go bowling than having to do the unpleasant work as a head coach.  Such as cracking down & applying discipline.  Demanding that his players act like professionals at all times. As well as  having them focus & work harder. Low expectations by Dickenson & his coaching staff lead to poor results on the field. No surprise there.

Edited by SpeedFlex27

On 2023-10-20 at 10:21 PM, johnzo said:

anyone else remember a player fouling out of a CFL game on a single play? 

Can't remember it myself, but my memory is ****.

Only time i remember it happening live was the 2010 Thanksgiving Weekend against BC, Blue came back in OT and one of their d-linemen made a boneheaded play and got ejected for rough play (after the whistle he punched one of the o linemen in the stomach)

28 minutes ago, Eternal optimist said:

Only time i remember it happening live was the 2010 Thanksgiving Weekend against BC, Blue came back in OT and one of their d-linemen made a boneheaded play and got ejected for rough play (after the whistle he punched one of the o linemen in the stomach)

The ref did it the smart way. He headbutted then punched the Stamps O Lineman. So, two incidents, two fouls & YERRRRRRRR OUTTA HERE!! And in typical Lions fashion, he didn't look sorry at all that he took two stupid & selfish penalties. Just pissed off that he was called. I actually hate the Lions more than the Riders. That entire team are douches. 

22 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

The ref did it the smart way. He headbutted then punched the Stamps O Lineman. So, two incidents, two fouls & YERRRRRRRR OUTTA HERE!! And in typical Lions fashion, he didn't look sorry at all that he took two stupid & selfish penalties. Just pissed off that he was called. I actually hate the Lions more than the Riders. That entire team are douches. 

Most people are indifferent towards the riders team, it's always the rider fans that deserve the most ire. And yes the lions are full of delta braves and need a good humiliating.