Argos at Bombers, The Big One

Nolby

44 minutes ago, Booch said:

yup....let em boast and have media still say "yeah but" and anoint them top dawg...I sure our squad could care less....but if god forbid we lose...then we are in serious trouble

There are only 2-3 games in a season where it is god forbid we lose and they are over a month away. Losses right now make zero difference. Every team builds all season long to do one thing and one thing only, win in the playoffs. If we lose this Friday it just tells us what we need to do to be ready for when the games truly matter. I suspect we, as we have been the past several years, are a different team in the playoffs than we are in the regular season, If we lose Friday, I expect that won't sit well with KW or MOS and the tweaking necessary to be champs will be ramped up.

So many things are in our favor come playoff time, and some very strong roster additions that are actual difference makers yet to occur. We are built for the playoffs, and despite all the grousing about Haba, the addition of Janarion Grant is the one that will be a massive difference maker to our club. Every other roster move pales in comparison to that.

Edited by GCn20

1 minute ago, 17to85 said:

Honestly I hope the Bombers view this as disrespectful from the argos and just absolute hammer their candy asses. Pathetic Fran his ducking a fight. Probably go and steal a bunch of bomber money in revenue sharing too. **** em all.

I agree....but I don't really care one way or another. The Lions is the game we need to win. The Argos would be nice as well but at the end of the day they are a non-divisional game. That being said I hate them because of the blatant favoritism they get from the league and look forward to the Bombers cramming it down their pie-hole on Friday. I really don't think there will be much chance of any other outcome and I am surprised by the amount of people fearing them with their backup right now....even with Kelly I don't see them beating us in a sold out IGF.

Biggest non-Labour Day matchup and the CFLs top team is going to rest most of their talent? 

This league keeps getting worse. Mismanage the schedule so that pathetic Southern Ontario teams don't have to spend as much on travel and you end up with one game between the top two teams and last year's GC matchup. 

**** the Argos. 

14 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

I agree....but I don't really care one way or another. The Lions is the game we need to win. The Argos would be nice as well but at the end of the day they are a non-divisional game. That being said I hate them because of the blatant favoritism they get from the league and look forward to the Bombers cramming it down their pie-hole on Friday. I really don't think there will be much chance of any other outcome and I am surprised by the amount of people fearing them with their backup right now....even with Kelly I don't see them beating us in a sold out IGF.

We're tied with the Lions and really need every win we can get. 

We really need to embody a win at all costs mentality right now, imo. 

16 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

If we don't beat them when they are resting that much talent, we're in deep trouble. 

No we really won't be. It will definitely mean stuff needs to be fixed down the stretch though.

22 minutes ago, Jesse said:

We're tied with the Lions and really need every win we can get. 

We really need to embody a win at all costs mentality right now, imo. 

I agree. We should definitely be win at all costs right now and first place is a big advantage. However, should we lose...unless we lose because a bunch of our marquee starters get injured....it is not the end of the world.

2 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

No we really won't be. It will definitely mean stuff needs to be fixed down the stretch though.

We already have evidence that those things need to be fixed so if they continue to make the same mistakes, it certainly doesn't bode well for the future. 

I still believe we're going to come out firing on all cylinders for this one though.

15 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

If that's what I meant, then that's what I would have typed. 

Then I look forward to your "nothing to see here" posts after a narrow win tomorrow night. 

Let's be honest it doesn't matter who the argos are dressing if the Bombers book end a bye week with back to back losses it's trouble. This team should be able to beat the argos full roster and if they lost to that bunch after a bye week it would be the same disaster as a loss would be now because it would be the exact same problems showing up as have been seen before. 

There are quite a few foolish comments here suggesting that a loss holds no significance because the Argos aren't competitive. That's nonsense. We're in a fierce battle for first place in the west, and a loss would categorize us as a second-tier team. Another loss to BC next week would put us on par with the Riders. It's a tough competition, and every game carries immense importance. We can't afford to sleep on anyone else the rest of the year or our season is kaput. Fall football season starts now.

11 minutes ago, voodoochylde said:

Only problem is that we have, historically, played down to the level of our opponents.  

I hope we come our and absolutely kick the **** out of the Argos but I will not be surprised if it's far closer than what it should be.

I just want a win to keep up with the Lions. And I would love to see the Riders win in BC but I think that is a lost cause. I think we will win and if only by a FG than who cares? It is the Lion game next up that will be the acid test IMHO.

2 minutes ago, Pepper_Brooks said:

There are quite a few foolish comments here suggesting that a loss holds no significance because the Argos aren't competitive. That's nonsense. We're in a fierce battle for first place in the west, and a loss would categorize us as a second-tier team. Another loss to BC next week would put us on par with the Riders. It's a tough competition, and every game carries immense importance. We can't afford to sleep on anyone else the rest of the year or our season is kaput. Fall football season starts now.

If we lose our next two games against the Argos and Lions, that puts uson par with the Riders?!

ChatGPT not working well today.

15 minutes ago, voodoochylde said:

Only problem is that we have, historically, played down to the level of our opponents.  

I hope we come our and absolutely kick the **** out of the Argos but I will not be surprised if it's far closer than what it should be.

I begrudging agree with your first sentence hence the four losses to date.

Love the middle part of your post.

And last sentence know that’s probably what happens.