Bombers vs Als - Canada day weekend edition

The Zipp

20 minutes ago, Blue In Vancouver said:

True but at least it shows they were released and in theory moved to the PR on the transaction report.

IIRC the PR maximum was increased from 12 to 13.  That should account for Lawson and Eli returning to the AR. Houston will be added to the AR while Lawrence goes to 1 game IR. Or Daramy-Swaray gets bumped to PR.  Jeffcoat probably bumps Jackson to PR.

Ultimately there will be some further changes as the week progresses.

So essentially, they cut Pigrome to accommodate DB Tyrique McGhee on the PR.

7 minutes ago, Fatty Liver said:

So essentially, they cut Pigrome to accommodate DB Tyrique McGhee on the PR.

False equivalence. Perhaps Pigrome was not progressing the way they wanted or perhaps he didn't want to sit on the PR. Either way, Prokup's addition made Pigrome expendable. 

1 hour ago, Blue In Vancouver said:

True but at least it shows they were released and in theory moved to the PR on the transaction report.

IIRC the PR maximum was increased from 12 to 13.  That should account for Lawson and Eli returning to the AR. Houston will be added to the AR while Lawrence goes to 1 game IR. Or Daramy-Swaray gets bumped to PR.  Jeffcoat probably bumps Jackson to PR.

Ultimately there will be some further changes as the week progresses.

sadly if we worked our roster to its max...utilized the Nationalized Canadian and has someone else come in to block as the "fullback" that would totally make sense and give us our best roter...10 bucks tho says we don't....and don't for no real sound reason 

1 hour ago, Booch said:

sadly if we worked our roster to its max...utilized the Nationalized Canadian and has someone else come in to block as the "fullback" that would totally make sense and give us our best roter...10 bucks tho says we don't....and don't for no real sound reason 

I'd rather see Eli come in as a FB over Jackson. He is quite athletic at his size.

Jackson just gets pushed aside when he's going to lead block on runs.

I suppose Jackson is more useful on the special teams, but they have other nationals that can take his role as well.

36 minutes ago, LXTSN said:

I'd rather see Eli come in as a FB over Jackson. He is quite athletic at his size.

Jackson just gets pushed aside when he's going to lead block on runs.

I suppose Jackson is more useful on the special teams, but they have other nationals that can take his role as well.

we could use one of a number of guys in that role until Miller comes back...Burning a DI spot basically on jumbo packages on offence is a piss poor allocation of your assets

Guathier or Briggs...2 experienced players in Canadian football guy...both bigger than Miller could have handled that role.....and yeah...Using an athletic giy like Eli and Dobson....who's job is to block, so are good at it would be just as good too.

Having that extra DB...Say Mouhamed (who's also and experienced CFL guy) or get Cole back on the roster who next to Miller is prob one of our better ST guys would make way more sense

24 minutes ago, Nolby said:

I missed it or it hasn't even been mentioned, any word on Lawler's return date?

You haven't missed anything. It's an immigration issue, so everyone is just waiting for it to be processed and for him to be granted permission/visa to work again. 

It seems fairly clear that Lawrence has some level of injury and will not play this week. Hopefully it's not too serious and only a 1 game IR situation.

Oliveria didn't practice much last week either but I suspect he'll play and this is just allowing healing time.

Bighill doesn't need reps either and there has been no indication he'll be unavailable to play.

I'm not exactly sure what the deal is with Agudosi on 2nd team reps or whether this means McCrae replaces him on the roster?  Or are we just adding McCrae on the AR in place of Jackson now that we have Eli back as an extra TE / blocker? That would give us McCrae as a receiver / RB for sweeps instead of Grant although we don't do that too much anyway.

Agadosi and Mc Crae are very differently built receivers, but I like the versatility Mc Crae may be able to bring.  It could be Mc Crae and that versatility are a better fit for what the coaches see against Mtrl?

I also hope Lawson and Jeffcoat can spell in,

Even if Jeffcoat only gets worked in slowly and only takes a handfull of snaps. The guy can't stay healthy but for a handfull of plays a game he can make a difference. He is like a NHRA drag car motor, you only get a  few passes before they need a rebuild, but damn that pass they do is high level stuff

1 hour ago, Blue In Vancouver said:

It seems fairly clear that Lawrence has some level of injury and will not play this week. Hopefully it's not too serious and only a 1 game IR situation.

Oliveria didn't practice much last week either but I suspect he'll play and this is just allowing healing time.

Bighill doesn't need reps either and there has been no indication he'll be unavailable to play.

I'm not exactly sure what the deal is with Agudosi on 2nd team reps or whether this means McCrae replaces him on the roster?  Or are we just adding McCrae on the AR in place of Jackson now that we have Eli back as an extra TE / blocker? That would give us McCrae as a receiver / RB for sweeps instead of Grant although we don't do that too much anyway.

we could have used a multitude of guys in that role without Eli...and doubt he will be used in the actual set-back...or full back position we have been using Jackson at...

Edited by Booch

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

Curious if Agudosi is actually being benched for performance reasons or what. Either way, not like he's done a TON out there and why not try out American Demski and see what he does.....?

Honestly I think the guy is probably just not bringing enough. Couple big catches but not impressed with his results in the endzone personally.  Kenny Lawler he ain't.

15 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Honestly I think the guy is probably just not bringing enough. Couple big catches but not impressed with his results in the endzone personally.  Kenny Lawler he ain't.

does he do much run blocking?

football database says 2023:

CFL 3 3 9 120 13.33 40.0 47 0 -- -- 12 21

12..... thrown to.. caught 9. 

21= yac

Edited by Mark F

53 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Very few are Kenny but I get what you are saying.  He is a big man and can at times lumber.  Maybe he isn't running the routes correctly, maybe too slow or maybe in the last game Zach didn't have enough time for the big man to get open.  I don't know if Gary Peters was on him all game but he is a very good DB and can shut guys down.  

when Kenny comes back no doubt in my Agudosi is a rotational dude.  

we don't seem to post him up in the end zone when a smaller DB is on him.  He is still learning the game though and if he has a good attitude about accepting coaching I think he can play an important role in our offense.  

2 hours ago, The Zipp said:

Very few are Kenny but I get what you are saying.  He is a big man and can at times lumber.  Maybe he isn't running the routes correctly, maybe too slow or maybe in the last game Zach didn't have enough time for the big man to get open.  I don't know if Gary Peters was on him all game but he is a very good DB and can shut guys down.  

when Kenny comes back no doubt in my Agudosi is a rotational dude.  

we don't seem to post him up in the end zone when a smaller DB is on him.  He is still learning the game though and if he has a good attitude about accepting coaching I think he can play an important role in our offense.  

Imo some of the biggest issues I’ve seen from him this year are separation or lack their of and crocodile catches. He isn’t being smart or sharp with his cuts or the concepts we are running. This is what makes schoen elite. And lawler too. They know when to burst when to  cruise and how to play the game with dbs. I haven’t seen any of that from Agudosi. If we game plan and package specifically for him we can create opening but dbs figure this stuff out quick. 
 He just doesn’t use his length to create extra cushion either. We waits too long for the ball to hit him in the numbers. He isn’t getting out and attacking the ball with his hands. 

this can  change and improve. Bailey has had two rough starts to the season and bounced back in a big way both times. Agudosi just has to grind. That said idk how much more time he has left and at his age its tough to be that raw. Demski is a few months older than him. Woli and sheed are both a bit younger. Grant is a bit older. Lawler is a bit younger. (Grant Demski lawler sheed and Agudosi are all 29, woli is 28.)