Bombers vs Chuck Wagons early talk

Nolby

Since we've now seen the Bombers and Riders after week 1, opinions, predictions etc...

Riders D looked decent but, not saying much vs Edmonton who hasn't won a home game since WW1. Bombers put up Grey Cup bound (predicted) 42 points on Hamilton....WITHOUT LAWLER. I can't wait until this guy is back, the Oline vs their d line will be interesting.

1 hour ago, rebusrankin said:

Hamilton said in his article today that Jeffcoat is likely to not play but the club isn't rushing out to add Lemon. If Jeffcoat is hurt, we need to add a DE for depth. Heck even if he's ok another one should be added.

agree

22 minutes ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

This isn't really related, but I thought it was time for everyone's yearly reminder of one of the best commercial's ever made. Play this in Calgary and Toronto until they get their **** together.

Always loved this commercial,  very well done.

13 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

Harris had 170 yards passing, with a TD and 2 ints. Not impressive for a vet making $500,000.

Yeah....not very impressive considering how they have been pumping his tires as this big free-agent coup....many forgetting that he was basically all that was left, and if Montreal's Management at the time wasn't in such array...they likely be trotting out the Faj again

And that O-line....aint gonna get it done

3 hours ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

Yup Jeffcoat is beyond bandaid level as this point. Need to move on.

It pains me to agree with this statement... because Jeffcoat is such a meaningful player... but at some point, that loses meaning when you can only rely on him for 6-8 games a season

1 minute ago, bearpants said:

It pains me to agree with this statement... because Jeffcoat is such a meaningful player... but at some point, that loses meaning when you can only rely on him for 6-8 games a season

I don’t think we need to move on, but what we really need to do is consider the idea of deploying him as that 23 snap a game Canadian.

4 hours ago, Mike said:

I don’t think we need to move on, but what we really need to do is consider the idea of deploying him as that 23 snap a game Canadian.

I agree....but I'd argue that's essentially what he's been for the past year. An off season....barely any TC, 2 or 3 practices....and that got them 1qtr.

4 hours ago, bearpants said:

I'm not sure if I want to start campaigning to cut Jeffcoat but I'm pretty close. Maybe bringing in the Lemonator might send a message.

16 hours ago, Tracker said:

I'm not sure if I want to start campaigning to cut Jeffcoat but I'm pretty close. Maybe bringing in the Lemonator might send a message.

agreed... I said this at the end of last season about both Jeffcoat and Wilson... love both those players... one could argue they were the two front runners for the Bombers MODP nominee in the first 4-5 games last year... Jeffcoat was arguably the best defensive player in the GC (on either side of the field)... but as is becoming far too common, injuries ruined all of that... and how long can you rely on guys that are constantly injured?