Bombers vs Chuck Wagons early talk

Nolby

Also, from Irving .....

"Bombers put defensive end Jackson Jeffcoat on the 6-game injured list and activate American DT Miles Fox for Fridays Gand in Sask.  Also on 6-game injured are Mike Miller, Winston Rose, Jamal Parker Thiadric Hansen and Kyrie Wilson."

7 minutes ago, Mike said:

Well, at least we got to week 2 before our poor training camp and roster management put the team in a bind. 

Don't worry. We rostered a DT to replace him who's been here for 5 minutes. It matches perfectly with our new starter, who's been here for almost two weeks.

11 minutes ago, Jesse said:

Don't worry. We rostered a DT to replace him who's been here for 5 minutes. It matches perfectly with our new starter, who's been here for almost two weeks.

This is what frustrates me the most. People are going to say I’m overreacting, it’s just Saskatchewan, whatever. All of that might be true but I’m not worried about the result. I’m frustrated by the process.

There’s absolutely no realistic way that anyone can tell me with a straight face that replacing our all-star edge rusher with a guy we signed off the street 4 days ago who plays an entirely different position is what our staff drew up as a solid plan.

Oldest defence in the league and we’re using our extra American spots on a ******* fullback, kicker and defensive tackle. Ridiculous.

3 minutes ago, Fatty Liver said:

I think once Lawson returns the D-line will rebalance itself, current injuries are causing a temporary shuffling of the deck.

Lawson and Hansen... Those are the two names I'm curious about and can help a ton. 

3 minutes ago, Fatty Liver said:

I think once Lawson returns the D-line will rebalance itself, current injuries are causing a temporary shuffling of the deck.

No, it's the fact we don't have another DE on the roster.

There's Bennett, a draft pick. And Haba, who got here the day before the last preseason game.

Just now, Fatty Liver said:

Apparently that comes at a cost Walters is not willing to pay, they must think Haba and Bennett are the solution.

What does that even mean? What cost? The cost of a minimum salary rookie? Nobody is saying go get Lemon as the end all be all. We’re saying put a ******* edge rusher on the practice roster in place of one of the redundant 36 global so we’re actually prepared.

1 minute ago, Mike said:

What does that even mean? What cost? The cost of a minimum salary rookie? Nobody is saying go get Lemon as the end all be all. We’re saying put a ******* edge rusher on the practice roster in place of one of the redundant 36 global so we’re actually prepared.

I agree, I don't understand the roster management either, just trying to interpret what they're actually doing, not condoning it.

12 minutes ago, Fatty Liver said:

Apparently that comes at a cost Walters is not willing to pay, they must think Haba and Bennett are the solution.

It was the bare minimum with Jeffcoat on the roster, now it's a bit of a joke. Only Bennett to rotate in. When's the last time Haba played in a game? How many games has he played and started in a season? How fast is he going to wear out if we have to play him for the majority of snaps for every game?

Yeah ...hate to go on and complain about what I...and a few others brought up before first game, but like really?...wtf is Osh doing/thinking....we knew Jeffcoat was iffy....so dont keep say Sterling on the PR...for this exact scenario....I like the Fox signing mind you dont get me wrong, but we basically have 1 experienced end on the rooster now (Willie)...rookie Bennett who has showed absolutely nothing, and Haba...who is gonna be good, but is a raw rookie and next to zero experience trotting out there tomorrow...where is the Logic in that?

To maybe help off-set that over-sight Osh could declare Willie as a Nationalized Canadian and have him,,,Haba...Fox and Walker all o the field for 23 reps....which would do us more use against a Rider team who is gonna lean heavy on the run then likely many many sets of Willie and Haba...sometime Bennett and one of Thomas and Scmeckle....piss poor game planning from the stubborness to utilize a new rue....But will Use it on Grant to come in...and the majority of the times he did come in...was for Agudosi....like really???

And why even declare Thomas a Back up olineman...when we are gonna dress that Szottz dude who likely wont see the field...again....and if Jake is actually the defacto 7th guy in god forbid 2 starters going down...then what the eff is he even rostered for???....Seeing as we missing Miller and Cole on ST's...Dress Karamoka instead, as he takes regukar reps on teams and is good at it, and can come in as a DB if again...god help us one the starters goes down, and we have to shuffle 4 guys around to accomodate that....it's truly almost pathetic....And I dont even wanna hear the bs "so and so is getting a game cheque cause he trying hard in practice"....for real...If that the case I gonna walk on and try super extra hard to get me one of those...I garuantee I'd be of more use than an 8th olineman who in all actuality prob could leave his helmet in his locker and it not even be an issue for him.

No knock on Jackson either...dude balls out and does his job well....but Our receivers are excellent blockers...as noted...most are bigger than Miller...I sure BOLO ..Woli..Augustine can handle the blocking role for a game or two and allow us to say put Mouhamed or Swarmay on the roster....but if Osh was gonna sit Jackson to do that, he'd prob dress Ivy as another oline guy...just in case

Just not sure how so many here dont see...and or are concerned qith Osh's serious flaw/over sight...sure we winning....have 2 cups...yadda yadda....but thats more of an after affect of a solid core of guys....and a lil lady luck, moreso than his awesome roster management

2 minutes ago, JCon said:

Question... Is it MOS or Walters to blame for our roster management? I know they work together but shouldn't Walters be bringing in a murder of DEs? 

Walters brings guys in....Osh has input as to the type they want...but roster and PR is soley at Osh's feet....We had some ends in camp....Wlaters and the scouts did their part...Osh got rid of em all...and figured didnt need one on PR to cover for any injuries....and we are where we are...in game 2

Just now, JCon said:

Wouldn't this ultimately be the GMs call? 

coach picks team...not G.M.....If your G.M starts meddling in roster makeup and who plays....u are in a death spiral and would resemble the Riders....Not that Oday sets the roster....u just suck and have a team not playing for each other