Blue Bombers - 2023 Regular Season - Discussion Thread

JCon

22 minutes ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

I’ve had this sentiment about their use of the PR all year. It’s baffling. 
I’m not sure what or why, but something stinks in the front office. 

Same. The tc cuts too. 

20 minutes ago, Noeller said:

There's gotta be a reason for it that is more logical than "the people in charge are all morons!" because we know that's the opposite of what's going on. 

17 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Morons? Nah 

Delusional? Possibly 

Complacent? 100 percent 

I feel like now is the time to be running your playoff roster. If this is it, we could be 1 and done also 

Probably this. Tbh idc if it’s ignorance apathy stupidity complacency or w/e else. Figure out why the tire went flat after you fix it, and prevent it from re occurring. But first just fix it. 

21 minutes ago, blue85gold said:

Surprised about Abu DS as he looked to have promise.

Not surprised about Agudosi really. He didn't look that good other than his first game. He high pointed a ball exactly one time in a game.

The rest are meh.

PRs shrink for all teams this time of year right?

Pr expands. At the end of the season the guys on the pr revert to free agency. 

20 minutes ago, Booch said:

some head shakers....not surprising tho....I wouldn't say morons per say....Just a HC who has and plays favorites at the expense of guys who could really help, ...and it's not a good thing/look

People can use excuses that "they know more"..."must be a reason".....only agree with the must be a reason, and it's not a beneficial one to the team in long haul

If we assume every player cut in the last two years is indeed worse than the players we’ve kept, by means of character or who knows what, we are still left with a fundamentally flawed roster with no nose tackle, a group of small undersized dts where one Canadian starter is beyond done, no depth guys who can cover WRs, and no run stoppers. We don’t even have an extra ni teams guy, or holder. We still have an American fb who can’t cover catch run or play d. We have no guys to plug in if an imp db goes down, if an imp wr or Brady goes down we rely on gmc and guys who haven’t played. If Sergio gets hurt we have no options. 
We didn’t sign any nfl guys, or make any trades to address it either. 

If I had to guess, I’d say we suffer from a disconnect between what mos views as roster needs and what walters views as roster needs. mos doesn’t give af about rookies once the season begins. Guys aren’t drawing in unless we have no option. He over values intangibles over every thing else. I think he’d rather lose with guys he likes than win with guys he doesn’t. 

7 minutes ago, Booch said:

Our PR has been a joke and mess all yr...thank god we still have Machino and Schmeckle....2 guys that will never ever....or should i say never ever should see the roster

Schmuckle alone disproves the notion that we are cutting guys who don’t belong.  

we have no viable Canadian back up anywhere on our roster or PR other than Bolo and 2 Olineman...thats bad...absolutely nothing on defence.....No legit import prospects at Linebacker,...Or Dtackle/Nose....even now at HB as we just jettisoned a guy who fared well...

52 minutes ago, Booch said:

we have no viable Canadian back up anywhere on our roster or PR other than Bolo and 2 Olineman...thats bad...absolutely nothing on defence.....No legit import prospects at Linebacker,...Or Dtackle/Nose....even now at HB as we just jettisoned a guy who fared well...

Cole and Clements don't count because they are on the roster?

Don't we still have a DT on the PR?

Here's who's left:

NO

NAME POS A/N/G HT WT AGE COLLEGE

81   Alston, Ravi WR A 6'3 209 24 Montana State

90   Fox, Miles DT A 6'1 297 26 Wake Forest
49   Garbutt, TyJuan DE A 6'2 261 24 Virginia Tech
45   Haba, Celestin DE A 6'2 250 24 Texas A&M-Commerce
42   Karamoko, Souleymane DB G 6'2 213 26 Laval
69   Machino, Tomoya OL G 6'5 307 26 Kyoto

00   Maruo, Les LB G 6'0 225 27 Texas-San Antonio
29   McCrae, Greg RB A 5'10 173 25 Central Florida
38   McGhee, Tyrique DB A 5'10 185 25 Georgia
60   Richmond, Drew OL A 6'5 314 27 Southern California
96   Schmekel, Tanner DT N 6'1 291 24 Regina

8 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Interesting they let Deng go already 

Schmekl still here tho 

Just odd decisions 

I guess they need a back Cdn DT and there is literally no one else.

23 minutes ago, blue85gold said:

Cole and Clements don't count because they are on the roster?

Don't we still have a DT on the PR?

Yeah they on the roster, so not looking at them as PR guys...we Have Fox, but thats it...and he is not a true 3 technique nose kind of guy

15 minutes ago, Mike said:

Our PR use is a joke and continues to be a joke.

We had Deng on our neg list for over a year. You bring him in and cut him within a week? What the **** are your scouts doing if you neg list a guy and then cut him without even a training camp or a live rep? 

Bizzare...also still have Garbutt, who has yet to see a snap....so how can you even decide between the 2, as from what they do in practice, and way practices are ran now gives you zero inkling in what a guy can do...and the clinging to guys still....who will never ever get on the roster is just as pointless....if after 5..6 weeks on there and you see no intent to even roster them, then move on

19 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Interesting they let Deng go already 

Schmekl still here tho 

Just odd decisions 

And Burtenshaw but Jackson still rostered 

Seriously odd decision making 

oddest and lamest unless out of the blue Miller appears...but he didnt for this game, maybe after bye??...

13 minutes ago, blue85gold said:

Here's who's left:

NO

first 5 are worthy....and Richmond...the rest should all be purged and replaced with guys who could have a shot of backing up...or stealing a job

14 minutes ago, blue85gold said:

Here's who's left:

NO

Technically we need 2 Canadian DTackles...behind Lawson as right now we have none that are viable, or should be around for the future

5 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

"Fans can't point out we could roster a Canadian fb instead of Jackson if I cut the fb from the PR" - Mike oshea probably. 

The fact we actually need a true one until Miller gets back...whom btw was not a Fullback until his time in the CFL was about to be extinguished....and we cut the only one we had...who played it all through his college and albeit brief career, only to waste a DA spot on an American...who never played a snap of offence in his life...and only 4 yrs of actual football total...who is really adequate at best...with zero upside being 31 already to me just screams insanity...bordering on stupidity

4 minutes ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

We have absolutely nobody developed for next year. Zero.

nope....nobody really who I can see

I question at times our coaches ability to recognize, or utilize talent brought in as well....or put the time in to develop....several times, and a few recently I can think of off the top of my head.....Lucky Jackson and Barrington Wade...deemed not good enough here...or worth developing so we cut...and both land on NFL teams...Jackson still there, mind you Wade was released, but still...there was another one or 2 guys during this regimes time that escape me.

33 minutes ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

We have absolutely nobody developed for next year. Zero.

And maybe no one in the pipe line, ford about it. 

7 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

I just don't believe that Kyle walters would give the coach Cate Blanchett to drop guys from the pr if he felt they were worth keeping around. 

Suspect we will see a fresh crop added

coaches run the roster in virtually every league and level. Walters and the front office are always working on scouting and recruiting. 

4 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

And maybe no one in the pipe line, ford about it. 

coaches run the roster in virtually every league and level. Walters and the front office are always working on scouting and recruiting. 

Yes but you won't convince me that they don't talk about it. And if walters felt really strongly about a guy he can convince the coach to keep him.

There is just no way that Osh is making these roster cuts completely on his own. I can't figure out why people think this. Assistants will have had a say and absolutely Walters has a HUGE say in the roster. I mean, just based on everything we've ever seen from this front office, we have to believe that right?

Edited by Noeller

2 minutes ago, Noeller said:

There is just no way that Osh is making these roster cuts completely on his own. I can't figure out why people think this. Assistants will have had a say and absolutely Walters has a HUGE say in the roster. I mean, just based on everything we've ever seen from this front office, we have to believe that right?

Walters brings in the talent but it's ultimately O'Shea and his staff that decide the roster's makeup.

NOT stepping on each other's toes and being respect of each person's roles and accountabilities (ie. letting them do their job) is what has made Miller, Walters and O'Shea as successful as they are.

1 minute ago, Tracker said:

It seems to me that the quality of new recruits has fallen off substantially this year. Or the newbies are not being given a fair shot at making the team,

A little of column A and a little of column B I think .. I DO think this was a 'lazy' year for Walters.  

I wasn't happy with our draft but when you consider how many top end talents stayed down south, it's not surprising it was a bit weak.

27 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Yes but you won't convince me that they don't talk about it. And if walters felt really strongly about a guy he can convince the coach to keep him.

meh....not so much....coach makes the pie.....GM buys the supplies....and you don't want to get into the GM meddling with game day rosters....leads to all kinds of issues..never a good outcome

He may be a bit mifed, maybe a lil bewildered, but he hired said coach to run team....so will be hands off for most part

18 minutes ago, Tracker said:

It seems to me that the quality of new recruits has fallen off substantially this year. Or the newbies are not being given a fair shot at making the team,

it's more this...Osh loves his vets...almost in a Dave Ritchie it gonna getcha way.....I am of the belief that we came into camp basically settled on who was starting....the same basic 23 guys as last year save for Walker but he got the nod cause...well he was here 3 yrs now so I guess was "owed" it??....Dunno but some guys in camp out performed hold overs....and where are they now?....not here