CFL - 2023 Regular Season - Discussion Thread

JCon

2 hours ago, Bigblue204 said:

Kelly did not play great all year. He played well. Even very good. But I'm not sure you can point to 1 or more games where Kelly made more plays than anyone else on that team. 

And not to mention the fact, and this is key, that the Argo's really do indeed suck. We can't forget that.

I'll let the adults go back to talking now.

1 minute ago, Mike said:

Farhan's vote doesn't even make sense. You think Adams was the most outstanding player but you don't even give him your all-star vote?

He says he would have voted Collaros, Adams, Oliveira. So, he's picking "V. A". 

Just now, Jesse said:

He clearly thinks Zach should have been our MOP vote and this is his "I'm smarter than Winnipeg voters" commentary. 

He's is the smartest. Just ask him. 

Just now, JCon said:

He says he would have voted Collaros, Adams, Oliveira. So, he's picking "V. A". 

He's is the smartest. Just ask him. 

It still doesn't make sense. By process of elimination, you can't rationally justify giving a guy a vote for MOP if you don't even believe he was the best at his position.

2 minutes ago, Mike said:

Farhan's vote doesn't even make sense. You think Adams was the most outstanding player but you don't even give him your all-star vote?

Pity vote cuz he knows Adams isn't in the running for anything.

Anyone who does this should lose their voting privileges regardless of what flag they fly under.

2 minutes ago, Mike said:

Who did that? Because that's also incredibly stupid.

Was Madani.

Just voted for CFL East and West awards.

Of note, Brady Oliveira for West MOP, but Betts over Oliveira for Top Canadian in the West. Betts' impact in games was staggering.

Crum got my vote for East rookie of the year. What they asked him to do was wild, right into the fire.

— Arash Madani (@ArashMadani) October 29, 2023

Just now, voodoochylde said:

Was Madani.

Of note, Brady Oliveira for West MOP, but Betts over Oliveira for Top Canadian in the West. Betts' impact in games was staggering.

Crum got my vote for East rookie of the year. What they asked him to do was wild, right into the fire.

Why does Sportsnet have a vote???

6 minutes ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

Madani

Reporters shouldn't get to vote for players on the team they cover.

And CFL hater Madani shouldnt get a vote at all.

I'm always on the fence about Madani. He's bitter at the CFL but he raises a lot of concerns the league that we feel similar about. He calls them out for their incompetence, but he takes it far. 

He treats the CFL like Kurt Cousins, with anger and contempt. 

6 hours ago, Bigblue204 said:

Kelly did not play great all year. He played well. Even very good. But I'm not sure you can point to 1 or more games where Kelly made more plays than anyone else on that team. 

I think the problem people have is not that Kelly wasn't very good... by all accounts he was... but Brady had a historically good season for a Canadian RB... so you'd think a QB would have to have something better than a "very good" season to beat him out... but this award was already decided in July... so hopefully it'll fire up our guys when it matters the most

Just now, bearpants said:

I think the problem people have is not that Kelly wasn't very good... by all accounts he was... but Brady had a historically good season for a Canadian RB... so you'd think a QB would have to have something better than a "very good" season to beat him out... but this award was already decided in July... so hopefully it'll fire up our guys when it matters the most

BO had an incredible season...one of the better ones in some time for any Nationality of runningback.....but the Canadian aspect, the consistancy and the 2nd best total by a Canadian ever should put him over easily

52 minutes ago, voodoochylde said:

Was Madani.

I think, for me, the worst part is his justification that Betts' impact was "staggering".... was it staggering how invisible he was for about 6-8 games this year too?... If "impact in games" is your barometer... the winner is Brady by a mile