CFL - 2023 Regular Season - Discussion Thread

JCon

1 minute ago, Wanna-B-Fanboy said:

Not from this year... the best this year was 17k.... the average was 14k. 

Like I said- I like the product the argos have put on the field- it just a damn shame that there is very little fanfare for the team... 

Yup please give us more argo fans to hate. It would be a Win Win.

That is, Win for the CFL and Win for everyone who enjoys not being them.

2 hours ago, Booch said:

do the season ticket holders get a 45% refund on their post season ticket?...I'd be right pissed paying full price and supporting the team with the other 10k people...then get wagon jumpers get in for half price

I remember when the 2015 Grey Cup was in Winnipeg, and season ticket holders were given $100 off for a ticket - on two conditions. First, it had to be a $400 or $300 ticket, and second you had to commit to season tickets for the next 3 seasons. Then come October when sales were at about 60% capacity, the club gave every fan the same $100 off discount for all seats, no other conditions applied. As a season ticket holder, I was none too pleased. 

7 minutes ago, Wanna-B-Fanboy said:

TBF, that(ose) diehard argo fan(s) is(are) pretty outstanding- it's just... there are so few of them. To stick with something so vehemently, that is so obscure in that market- that is a special something. 

You're way too kind.

Yes kudos to them but competing/balancing with the Jets for attention, going thru the lean years with the Bombers (and it will happen again most likely), always wearing Blue and Gold no matter what, buying the merch, watching the telecasts, going to the games, supporting grassroots football in our communities makes them equally but no more special. 

3 minutes ago, Stickem said:

Khari headed for sask. /???or the dustbin....Has he got a shot at a coaching job in greenland???

I think he may be taking a yr off...or so....kinda flopped all over other than when he got corn holed in MTL when he was the HC....Surrounded by good Co-Ords can see him being a good headcoach that players play for....That likely wont be a scenario in SASK in near future

2 minutes ago, JCon said:

Always possible that we're looking for an OC this year. I'm not sold that KJ would be a good replacement, though. 

Yea I really do think his skills lay with being a HC.

Reincarnated WB with no headset on the sidelines!

9 minutes ago, Booch said:

I think he may be taking a yr off...or so....kinda flopped all over other than when he got corn holed in MTL when he was the HC....Surrounded by good Co-Ords can see him being a good headcoach that players play for....That likely wont be a scenario in SASK in near future

Corn holed indeed which makes me want the Tigercats to win the semi's just for that.

I see BC Lion Teuhema won't appeal his 1 game suspension so he won't play this weekend against the Stamps. From a process point of view that's what I would have wanted to happen. From a biased point of view, I'd rather he wasn't available to play against the Bombers in the WDF. However the Lions might not make it past the Stamps.

4 minutes ago, Blue In BC said:

I see BC Lion Teuhema won't appeal his 1 game suspension so he won't play this weekend against the Stamps. From a process point of view that's what I would have wanted to happen. From a biased point of view, I'd rather he wasn't available to play against the Bombers in the WDF. However the Lions might not make it past the Stamps.

Agreed....and I also think the Stamps knock them off...if they go in with right game plan, they should be able to control the time of possesion with their run game and McCheese just has to play within himself

I don’t think the Stamps will win. 
McCheese reminds me of Kerwin Bell minus the spike to the junk.

When the chips are up he plays well enough, and can throw a nice quick hitter.
I just don’t see him, even playing within his rotund self, doing enough to win a playoff game. 

I see it looking similar to last week with BC in the place of the Bombers. 

8 minutes ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

I don’t think the Stamps will win. 
McCheese reminds me of Kerwin Bell minus the spike to the junk.

When the chips are up he plays well enough, and can throw a nice quick hitter.
I just don’t see him, even playing within his rotund self, doing enough to win a playoff game. 

I see it looking similar to last week with BC in the place of the Bombers. 

If I was a betting guy, I think you're right where I'd put my money but AGS.

And how long will it take before DD starts yelling and scowling at the refs? Pregame Warmup?