The RIP 2023 Thread

TrueBlue4ever

6 hours ago, Wanna-B-Fanboy said:

RIP.

I have been thoroughly enjoying his twitter of late. 

You do realize that he doesn't run his twitter and that the guys who represent him more then likely will continue on with the funny tweets right?

https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/silvio-berlusconi-former-italian-prime-minister-dead-at-86-1.6873214

Silvio Berlusconi, the boastful billionaire media mogul who was Italy's longest-serving prime minister despite scandals over his sex-fuelled parties and allegations of corruption, has died, according to his television network Mediaset. He was 86.

Mediaset announced his death with a smiling photo of the man on its homepage and the headline: "Berlusconi is dead." Italian news agency LaPresse reported Berlusconi's death after he was hospitalized on Friday for the second time in months for treatment of chronic leukemia.

He also suffered over the years from heart ailments, prostate cancer and was hospitalized for COVID-19 in 2020.

9 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

Great work on Spider-Man in the 60s and 70s

Is anyone into comics enough to know who Carmine Infantino was? A great artist who worked for DC Comics. Drew Superman & Batman. He died many years ago but he was my favourite comic artist. A brilliant artist. Comic artists never got the credit they deserved back then. I don't think it's the same today. RIP John Romita. 

Glenda Jackson: Fierce and Singular to the Very End

Glenda Jackson, the iconic actor and politician, has died at 87. With Tim Teeman she spoke candidly about mortality, awards, politics, acting, sexism—and meeting Fred Astaire.
The idea of dying while at work, on stage, seemed “pretentious,” the actor Glenda Jackson once told this reporter, laughing. It reminded her of the story of Laurence Olivier saying to fellow actor Sybil Thorndike that he thought he was going to die during a performance.

“One way to see it is that it’s a wonderful way to go,” said Jackson. “The other is: how unprofessional.” She laughed. “I prefer to go with the latter, I bloody do.”

As it was, Jackson died Thursday at home in Blackheath, southeast London, aged 87, after a brief illness with her family at her side. Her agent Lionel Larner said she had recently completed filming The Great Escaper, alongside Michael Caine.

1 hour ago, Tracker said:

Glenda Jackson: Fierce and Singular to the Very End

Glenda Jackson, the iconic actor and politician, has died at 87. With Tim Teeman she spoke candidly about mortality, awards, politics, acting, sexism—and meeting Fred Astaire.
The idea of dying while at work, on stage, seemed “pretentious,” the actor Glenda Jackson once told this reporter, laughing. It reminded her of the story of Laurence Olivier saying to fellow actor Sybil Thorndike that he thought he was going to die during a performance.

“One way to see it is that it’s a wonderful way to go,” said Jackson. “The other is: how unprofessional.” She laughed. “I prefer to go with the latter, I bloody do.”

As it was, Jackson died Thursday at home in Blackheath, southeast London, aged 87, after a brief illness with her family at her side. Her agent Lionel Larner said she had recently completed filming The Great Escaper, alongside Michael Caine.

F'ing good actor! 

I think she might have appreciated that comment.

On 2023-06-17 at 8:41 PM, iHeart said:

I kind of hate knowing that Appendix Cancer is a thing, but isn't it something that could be easily taken care of just by removing it?

https://deadline.com/2023/06/carol-higgins-clark-dies-best-selling-author-and-actress-was-66-obituary-1235419674/

If you catch it before it spreads. Likely, it spread before it was caught. 

Edited by JCon
typing is hard

https://www.cbc.ca/news/entertainment/sue-johanson-obit-1.6892524

Sue Johanson, the beloved Canadian broadcaster who in her golden years enraptured a generation with potty-mouthed sex advice, is dead at 93, a representative confirmed to CBC News on Thursday.

Johanson died in a long-term care home in Thornhill, Ont., just north of Toronto, surrounded by her family, the representative said.

The broadcaster was best known for hosting the Canadian call-in radio and then television program Sunday Night Sex Show, which led to a successful U.S. spinoff called Talk Sex With Sue Johanson.

Bobby Osborne, the lead singer and mandolinist of the Osborne Brothers, a group that broadened the commercial appeal of bluegrass music and recorded two of the genre’s most enduring standards, “Rocky Top” and “Ruby, Are You Mad?,” died June 27 at a hospital in Gallatin, Tenn. He was 91.

His son Bobby Osborne Jr. confirmed the death but did not give a cause.

Mr. Osborne was one of the last living musicians from the genre’s first generation, having begun his career in the late 1940s as a guitarist with the Lonesome Pine Fiddlers. He was also the Grand Ole Opry’s oldest regular performer at the time of his death; he joined the show’s cast with his brother Sonny in 1964 and last appeared on its stage on May 19.