2022/2023 Off-Season (League/Non-Bombers-specific News)

Noeller

https://3downnation.com/2023/02/20/new-montreal-receiver-greg-ellingson-cody-fajardo-jason-maas-caused-him-to-pick-alouettes-over-riders/

I read that as another kick to the onions to the Riders, and Ellingson's polite way of saying "dont like whats going on there, nor do I want to be there"

Same with Moore saying he "wanted to see what it was like on the other side"

That organization just blows...and lame duck coach/gm combo aint helping them

24 minutes ago, Booch said:

https://3downnation.com/2023/02/20/new-montreal-receiver-greg-ellingson-cody-fajardo-jason-maas-caused-him-to-pick-alouettes-over-riders/

I read that as another kick to the onions to the Riders, and Ellingson's polite way of saying "dont like whats going on there, nor do I want to be there"

Same with Moore saying he "wanted to see what it was like on the other side"

That organization just blows...and lame duck coach/gm combo aint helping them

When a player decides that what's happening in Montreal is still preferable to what's happening in Sask.... That's a real statement. 

8 hours ago, DTonOB said:

I work from the question "Was the QB able to get off his normal throw in his normal rhythm?" If not, then he's under pressure. There's other adjustments and situations. But that's where it starts for me.

One minor beef I've had with QB hits as a proxy for pressure is: if the QB didn't see the hit coming and it happens after he releases the ball, was he really under pressure? 

That said I wish I'd tracked QB hits all along the way. There'd be some interesting stories in there.

Thanks for that. 

I guess I’d have to see it play out. Some QBs see ghosts and nail out of the pocket early- actual  pressure or not. Some have a pocket and roll out into trouble for no reason, or spin themselves into the dirt. 

Adams and Fajardo are terrible for this. Is that pressure? Or no pocket awareness? 

1 hour ago, Geebrr said:

Thanks for that. 

I guess I’d have to see it play out. Some QBs see ghosts and nail out of the pocket early- actual  pressure or not. Some have a pocket and roll out into trouble for no reason, or spin themselves into the dirt. 

Adams and Fajardo are terrible for this. Is that pressure? Or no pocket awareness? 

More like they don't trust their offensive lines to protect them. 

10 hours ago, 17to85 said:

I just find it hilarious that the unwashed masses are eating it up and pretending that they actually had a good offseason. 

Just too blind to see what is really happening. 

Just an awful offseason that fixed nothing for them. They are even worse at receiver, the OL is stlll hot garbage as adding Blake at OT is an awful move and Godber is a below average C, lost Sankey, got Harris an immobile QB that panics and throw interceptions under pressure....I'm just not seeing the improvement at all.

6 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

More like they don't trust their offensive lines to protect them. 

Nor should they have.

11 hours ago, Geebrr said:

Nothing to do with nobody else willing to give him 500k which is just insanity. 

He wanted to play there so bad in 2015 that when he had the chance in 2016 he chose not too.

Yea....what a load of BS. Harris went to the highest bidder, as is his right. Not sure why he is trying this dream franchise bit now.

11 hours ago, Noeller said:

When a player decides that what's happening in Montreal is still preferable to what's happening in Sask.... That's a real statement. 

Paycheque might bounce....team might fold...CoFaj is my QB....but hey...at least it's not the RIders.

16 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

Just an awful offseason that fixed nothing for them. They are even worse at receiver, the OL is stlll hot garbage as adding Blake at OT is an awful move and Godber is a below average C, lost Sankey, got Harris an immobile QB that panics and throw interceptions under pressure....I'm just not seeing the improvement at all.

Nor should they have.

Yea....what a load of BS. Harris went to the highest bidder, as is his right. Not sure why he is trying this dream franchise bit now.

Paycheque might bounce....team might fold...CoFaj is my QB....but hey...at least it's not the RIders.

It is 100% requested by the franchise.

2 hours ago, Booch said:

Lol...what else he gonna say as it was his only real option outside of mtl

Here is the thing, Harris is 37 years old. At this stage of his career he has to get a healthy portion of his money up front because he fully realizes that he is likely to start missing significant time with miscellaneous injuries he could have played through when younger. When you are an ancient QB, you want a good % of your cash up front. Montreal could not offer any player up front cash. Therefore, Harris had one option...that's it....and he still managed to milk JOD out of 500k. Too funny.

4 hours ago, GCn20 said:

Nor should they have.

Yeah....In all honesty I would rather have Clark over Godber....and Blake?....how does that make them better?.....Old immobile Harris....behind that oline is probably a down grade from the FAJ as the running with head cut off first downs they got before just evaporated.

And that receiving group wont scare....anybody....like who there is a threat to take one to the house from anywhere on the field?...I don't see anyone.....where we have what...3 guys minimum who are gonna be a threat to score from anywhere

They signed some holdovers on defence...that didnt get it donelast yr....One with questionable training habits/health where they needed to add a TC bonus to come in....healthy??...signed an old declining Johnson...and let the younger Linebacker go...albeit a 1 trick pony, but kept 35 yr old Dean...yeah....great off-season Oday

Edited by Booch

36 minutes ago, Booch said:

Yeah....In all honesty I would rather have Clark over Godber....and Blake?....how does that make them better?.....Old immobile Harris....behind that oline is probably a down grade from the FAJ as the running with head cut off first downs they got before just evaporated.

I agree with most of what you said in this post, but absolutely NOTHING is a downgrade from Faj....maybe Tony Pip, but even then....it's close. 

3 hours ago, wbbfan said:

Kinda off topic but xfl 3.0 kicked off week 1 with a 30% attendance drop off from version 2.0. It’ll be interesting to see what tv ratings look like. 

I guess 30% of the cardboard cutouts of fans were misplaced?

14 minutes ago, Noeller said:

I agree with most of what you said in this post, but absolutely NOTHING is a downgrade from Faj....maybe Tony Pip, but even then....it's close. 

Yes that's true on a normal team, but on a team that chooses to play without an OL a mobile QB can at least extend a few plays. Harris will be ground into dog meat by game 3.

1 hour ago, GCn20 said:

Yes that's true on a normal team, but on a team that chooses to play without an OL a mobile QB can at least extend a few plays. Harris will be ground into dog meat by game 3.

thing is, Faj hasn't been mobile in a couple years. He's so banged up... can't throw, can't run well anymore...he's worse than useless. Nothing to offer anyone except his ego. 

3 hours ago, Booch said:

And that receiving group wont scare....anybody....like who there is a threat to take one to the house from anywhere on the field?...I don't see anyone.....where we have what...3 guys minimum who are gonna be a threat to score from anywhere

They signed some holdovers on defence...that didnt get it donelast yr....One with questionable training habits/health where they needed to add a TC bonus to come in....healthy??...signed an old declining Johnson...and let the younger Linebacker go...albeit a 1 trick pony, but kept 35 yr old Dean...yeah....great off-season Oday

To me all I will ever think of godbeer is how stove on his return from injury embarrassed him repeatedly even through double teams with suhk. Stove is a bad dude but godbeer is kinda meh. 
 It’s hard to get ahead of teams when your improvements are their cast offs. And yet every year the hype train is in the station and ready to go in ssk. 

2 hours ago, GCn20 said:

maybe they will manage to dig them out lol.