2022/2023 Off-Season (League/Non-Bombers-specific News)

Noeller

2 minutes ago, Booch said:

yeah we lost...weren't the better team...that day....lots of if and or buts on both sides....but we come in with a healthy Collaros....we win handily...I know for a fact from inside info that he was barely able to make a throw...and be Zac -esque in the scrambling...and it showed...and we suffered.....I'll let the Argos and a handful of fans...friends and family revel in it...but fact of the matter...nobody really there cares...noticed...or gives a hoot...and as a player other than being in "a big city"...must suck....only thing that keeps the good u.s guys there is it's more of at at home climate for them...I used to live and play there....so its not just opinion...seen it first hand

It’s a fun city - there is no denying that. 

8 minutes ago, bluto said:

A fluke...

Fine. Have it your way.

The only fluke was that the Bombers didn't get killed in their 1 point loss.

I haven't seen anyone hereabouts mention that until we finally got that first Interception that four other ones before that went through Argonaut fingers and would've sealed the day.

We were more physical. That is never a fluke.

And to my everlasting amazement, Ryan Dinwiddie embarrassed O'Shea.

That all happened and the only luck was that it wasn't a multiple score Argo win.

7-0.

You’re on a bomber forum we’re not going to sit here all day and circle jerk your Grey Cup victory. Congrats on the win, any given Sunday, let’s leave it at that and move on you don’t need constant validation from another teams fan base. 

5 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Sounds a bit like the 2002 mentality though. “All-time team, just fell flat in the big game. Let’s just run it back and we’ll be fine”.  And we all painfully remember how that turned out. I think a small bit of skepticism is fair. 

2002 we went 12-6 and lost the West final on a missed FG to an Edmonton team that spent a bajillion dollars in free agency that year, before there was an SMS. Not an apt comparison...but if that is your worst case scenario I will take it.

1 minute ago, GCn20 said:

2002 we went 12-6 and lost the West final on a missed FG to an Edmonton team that spent a bajillion dollars in free agency that year, before there was an SMS. Not an apt comparison...but if that is your worst case scenario I will take it.

Not to mention that early 2000’s team won nothing. I’ll take the pedigree of proven winners over a team that never was. 

2 minutes ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

You’re on a bomber forum we’re not going to sit here all day and circle jerk your Grey Cup victory. Congrats on the win, any given Sunday, let’s leave it at that and move on you don’t need constant validation from another teams fan base. 

Agree completely.  Trolls us but because he bought a few people here a beer or two, he's tolerated.  If he was a Rider fan, he would have been kicked to the curb long ago.

4 minutes ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

Nor will he get it. Toronto sucks.

7 minutes ago, Stickem said:

Dinwoodie couldn't carry Mike O's jock strap....Bluto is just joshin' is all

On balance, I agree completely.

But that does nothing to erase the fact that on the day of November 20, 2022, Ryan Dinwiddie outcoached and out adjusted Mike O'Shea by a mile.

2 minutes ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

Not to mention that early 2000’s team won nothing. I’ll take the pedigree of proven winners over a team that never was. 

That too. Psychologically. losing that 2001 Grey Cup probably did the most damage...not age or anything else.

Just now, WBBFanWest said:

Agree completely.  Trolls us but because he bought a few people here a beer or two, he's tolerated.  If he was a Rider fan, he would have been kicked to the curb long ago.

but he isnt like the Rider bums save for @greenrider55he actually brings intellect and facts, and knowledge to discussion, and can actually discuss based on actualities....instead of just blind ignorance, stupidity and juvenile behaviour....hence why tolerated....both those guys add to the forum as opposed to being a stain

1 minute ago, bluto said:

But that does nothing to erase the fact that on the day of November 20, 2022, Ryan Dinwiddie outcoached and out adjusted Mike O'Shea by a mile.

Don't you have your own forum to talk Argos?

I almost cracked up when I wrote that...lmao.

Just now, Booch said:

but he isnt like the Rider bums save for @greenrider55he actually brings intellect and facts, and knowledge to discussion, and can actually discuss based on actualities....instead of just blind ignorance, stupidity and juvenile behaviour....hence why tolerated....both those guys add to the forum as opposed to being a stain

He's not adding anything of value today though.

1 minute ago, bluto said:

Yeah ...the one point defeat we suffered was dynamic and we did that on our own if you remember correctly....A gift you ain't going to get again...signed MIKE O

2 minutes ago, Booch said:

Appreciate that Booch. 

While it is fun to laugh at the Argo’s representation around the league at times, it’s also sad. The CFL is a fantastic league that doesn’t get near the attention it deserves. 

MBB is an active form with a lot of solid posters with good football knowledge, I like that I can come here and talk CFL. 

But, I do agree that if you’re on an opposing team’s board, you do have to cater to that. It’s just a natural expectation.

Just now, Booch said:

I disagree.  He hangs here because he's tolerated by a few of you and that's fine.  To me, he's nothing but a troll, one that we never see here most of the time, except when the Argo's do well.  Then he's an insufferable jerk.  If there was such a thing as an online community for the ten's of Argo's fans, he'd be there, but sadly, he knows he can get away with this crap here and frankly, I'm sick of him trying to rub our faces in a fluke win by the welfare team of the CFL.  Might not be a popular opinion, but there it is.

Just now, GCn20 said:

They schemed it up that way. Brilliant coaching by Dinwiddie. The old rope a dope.

I'll go with the "overthought the strategy with a healthy lead," namely on offense, over rope a dope.

That Grey Cup was a comedy of errors outside of a few plays and the team that made the game's last error wound up the loser.

9 minutes ago, WBBFanWest said:

He has never bought me a beer - but he has been a die hard fan in a market that doesn’t have enough of them for quite some time.

They need more fans like Bluto 

Edited by Geebrr

man...if my team sucked across the board...and we signed an injury prone old lineman (Blake) and younger but shittier version of Dan Clark (Goober or whatever is name is) lost all their WR's but added a Weinike and Brescasin.....to complement on old brittle QB who can't perform under pressure....I'd be super stoked....hahaha...not!

3 minutes ago, WBBFanWest said:

I disagree.  He hangs here because he's tolerated by a few of you and that's fine.  To me, he's nothing but a troll, one that we never see here most of the time, except when the Argo's do well.  Then he's an insufferable jerk.  If there was such a thing as an online community for the ten's of Argo's fans, he'd be there, but sadly, he knows he can get away with this crap here and frankly, I'm sick of him trying to rub our faces in a fluke win by the welfare team of the CFL.  Might not be a popular opinion, but there it is.

that made me giggle....and he can gloat..they the Champs...I guess....but he also isnt a dumb ass that argues points on false things....which was the point I was making....Its good to have 10% of the argo fan base here posting...makes us more colorful lol

Just now, Geebrr said:

He has never bought me a beer - but he has been a die hard fan in a market that doesn’t have enough of them for quite some time.

They need more fans like Bluto 

No argument here, but the fact that no one but he cares about the Agros shouldn't be something that allows him to post some of the crap that he goes.  He can always go start an Argo forum and then pretend he's several posters in order to generate a "conversation".  Oh, wait...