2022/2023 Off-Season (League/Non-Bombers-specific News)

Noeller

Just now, Noeller said:

Harris doesn't SUCK, per se, but with that OL, he's going to be in a heap of trouble...

he is king of the yards between the 30's and no TD's tho...been that way forever...and wont change in sadsackville...not with the cast of plugs...slugs...and duds

3 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Harris doesn't SUCK, per se, but with that OL, he's going to be in a heap of trouble...

Yeah... I want to stick up for him... But I realized that he may be in for a year of utter futility and there's not going to be anything on the field making him look anywhere near a frontline player. Which, on his day, he absolutely is.

3 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

Wasn't there a report that Harris was getting one million over two years or 500,000 per?

Yes, I think I've posted twice about that.... according to 3DN (with info from Lalji) Harris is getting 1-million-plus over 2 years, and Weineke reported to be 225k, but not sure over how many years. 

5 minutes ago, Fatty Liver said:

Interesting the Lions have yet to re-sign backup QB's Pipkin or O'Connor, could be a landing spor for Fajardo as I assume Dane Evans is now headed for MTL.

I would almost guarantee it's going to be the Faj N Dane Show in Montreal this year. I'm not sure why, exactly, but it's been rumoured for weeks now that Faj was going to follow Maas to Montreal. He's got a better shot of being the starter there than anywhere else in the league, if it's him and Dane. He's not going to unseat anyone else in the league for a starting spot...

Cant imagine Edmonton bringing Lawler back now....

Just now, Bubba Zanetti said:

Cant imagine Edmonton bringing Lawler back now....

It's between us and the Saskatchewan Overpay's. 

2 minutes ago, Fatty Liver said:
#Elks sill in the mix for Lawler who moved his family to Edmonton in the off-season. That’s a big commitment. EE want him back but a 333K per season over 3 years is quite steep. #CFLFA

That was also before the Dunbar signing.

For those that didn't click the link, Dunbar is receiving 200k and up each year.

Edited by Jesse
More info

46 minutes ago, Fatty Liver said:
#Elks sill in the mix for Lawler who moved his family to Edmonton in the off-season. That’s a big commitment. EE want him back but a 333K per season over 3 years is quite steep. #CFLFA

I wouldn't put too much into that...pretty easy to move the fam a province or 2 over...and have u ever lived in Cali where his family was?...I have....its freakishly and disgustingly expensive...300k a yr down there doesnt go that far....was a sound business decision to do so....and can be a nice tax savings as well.....

4 minutes ago, Booch said:

I wouldn't put too much into that...pretty easy to move the fam a province or 2 over...and have u ever lived in Cali where his family was?...I have....its freakishly and disgustingly expensive...300k a yr down there doesnt go that far....was a sound business decision to do so....and can be a nice tax savings as well.....

Just to follow up on that tweet from the Edm beat reporter, he has now said that the Dunbar signing means they're all but out on Lawler because of it.... so the "moving to Edmonton" thing didn't really mean anything. He's likely on the move somewhere...