3 stars plus hh smoked elk over easy

wbbfan

So Rourke played more games than I thought. Played 9, so maybe a half season does warrant some recognition for the sheer numbers they put up. And it's highlighted even more because of how bad they were when he went down. I could at least see the case for a MOC award. 

2 hours ago, Geebrr said:

True.

Demski not only has played 3 less games he has 10 TDs vs 5 and is only 170 yards back of KSB 

Add in his rushing stats I don’t see the impact being similar 

Demski in a contract year will probably cost them at least $200k to retain, and that's with the hometown discount built in.

2 hours ago, WBBFanWest said:

Zack Collaros says, "sup?"

Zach’s having a great season.

Rourke was on pace for one of the best seasons in history. Had he stayed healthy and close to the pace he was on, he would have unanimously won every award he was eligible for. To suggest anything else is ridiculous homerism.

I think you will see the reciever salaries reset a bit this coming yr...wont be no 275 and 300k salaries handed out

Those were anomalies when 2 teams were paying QB's next to nothing in terms of starters salaries...u see teams like us...montreal...cgy...even BC save for whiteheads stupid deal paying their top recievers in the 145 to 175k range....and Sask was just plain dumb with dukes deal and  crippling their sms and depth in the process

Edited by Booch

11 minutes ago, Booch said:

I think you will see the reciever salaries reset a bit this coming yr...wont be no 275 and 300k salaries handed out

Those were anomalies when 2 teams were paying QB's next to nothing in terms of starters salaries...u see teams like us...montreal...cgy...even BC save for whiteheads stupid deal paying their top recievers in the 145 to 175k range....and Sask was just plain dumb with dukes deal and  crippling their sms and depth in the process

Never underestimate the ability for a GM to do something dumb 😂

36 minutes ago, Jesse said:

Zach’s having a great season.

Rourke was on pace for one of the best seasons in history. Had he stayed healthy and close to the pace he was on, he would have unanimously won every award he was eligible for. To suggest anything else is ridiculous homerism.

On pace means very little. Remember in 2002 when khari Jones was on pace to throw sixty some touchdowns at one point?

Edited by 17to85

2 hours ago, Noeller said:

So Rourke played more games than I thought. Played 9, so maybe a half season does warrant some recognition for the sheer numbers they put up. And it's highlighted even more because of how bad they were when he went down. I could at least see the case for a MOC award. 

I could see if you played 3/4 of a season. But the first half? Any one who would vote for 9 games of rourke over a full season of collaros shouldn’t get a vote ever again. 

Carey, and collaros should be the battle in the west. Though really roadhouse is the second biggest mop in the west. 

25 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

I could see if you played 3/4 of a season. But the first half? Any one who would vote for 9 games of rourke over a full season of collaros shouldn’t get a vote ever again. 

Carey, and collaros should be the battle in the west. Though really roadhouse is the second biggest mop in the west. 

If Schoen had those numbers on any other team he'd be the nominee...he could very well end up the receiving yardage leader along with most TDs...that's some hefty accolades...especially for a rookie 

1 minute ago, TBURGESS said:

I'm a big Rourke fan, but you can't give him any awards because he only played 9 games.

Collaros is a lock for MOP & Schoen is a lock for ROTY. I could easily see the CFL giving all the other awards to non-Bombers.

No idea who might get MOOL - could go to a Bomber as a legacy thing.

MODP - Probably goes to a Calgary player.

MOC - I think there'd be a strong push for Rourke - but Demski in the running

23 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

I'm a big Rourke fan, but you can't give him any awards because he only played 9 games.

Collaros is a lock for MOP & Schoen is a lock for ROTY. I could easily see the CFL giving all the other awards to non-Bombers.

Postmedia's Danny Austin who covers the Stamps for the Calgary Sun & Herald has tweeted he's voting for Rourke as MOP & MOC based on 9 games. Nine freakimg games. Forget what Collaros or anyone else has done grinding out 18 games. If Austin is indicative of the 9 or 10 media people who cover the CFL then Rourke will clean up. As unfair as it is. 

35 minutes ago, Jesse said:

Argos LB Wynton McManis should take it over Shawn Lemon who they are pushing, even though he's probably out for the remainder of the season.

41 minutes ago, Jesse said:

If they can do a longevity recognition type win for Van Zyl, they should do it for Yoshi.

40 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Postmedia's Danny Austin who covers the Stamps for the Calgary Sun & Herald has tweeted he's voting for Rourke as MOP & MOC based on 9 games. Nine freakimg games. Forget what Collaros or anyone else has done grinding out 18 games. If Austin is indicative of the 9 or 10 media people who cover the CFL then Rourke will clean up. As unfair as it is. 

9 games in the summer! Everyone forgets that the cfl season doesn't start until labour day.  Half a season isn't enough to award anyone anything. 

48 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I like DA , but that is silly 

Rourke’s numbers were so ridiculously high, and the Lions’ record so good with him, that he is deserving of MOC, even with only 9 games. Demski has had a great last 6 games, but he himself has only played 12, so not too much to separate their missed games yet, and Rourke’s numbers as they stand are still a bit better than Demski’s straight up, IMO. 

16 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Rourke’s numbers were so ridiculously high, and the Lions’ record so good with him, that he is deserving of MOC, even with only 9 games. Demski has had a great last 6 games, but he himself has only played 12, so not too much to separate their missed games yet, and Rourke’s numbers as they stand are still a bit better than Demski’s straight up, IMO. 

It was however also an easy part of the lions season... and the one head to head with collaros saw collaros definitively come out ahead... AND collaros has gotten better as the season has gone on. Who is to say Rourke would have maintained the pace? You can't use what is essentially a hot start as an excuse to give a guy a bunch of awards. Games played matter and only getting half a season sucks for Rourke but it is what it is. Collaros the the leagues MOP this year simple as that because he's done it all year.