Whatever week this is - Non B2B Champs games

Geebrr

1 hour ago, Booch said:

Elks will be fine once they turn the wins around..there a good fanbase there..they just sick of the losses...they have financial resources tucked away to weather the storm.

Not to worried about Ott either.. they have dedicated fans who stood by them through the Lapo failure..and strong ownership group...they be fine...same with Hamilton....I also not too worried about MTl...and if they become a big winner again crowds also come

T.O is T.O and I dont even think of them much...is what it is

B.C has figured things out..I expect next yr too as being even better for them and attendence rise.  

Cslgary needs to put more effort into things.. but they need to get with the times 

So sask can keep sucking

You have to live in Calgary to really appreciate just how much Calgary Sports Entertaiment Corporation doesn't care about the Stamps. Absolutely no money is spent marketing the games. No one shows up. I'm sure there are people who have no idea when the next game is. The team is virtually invisible in the city. It doesn't help that Postmedia doesn't print the Calgary Herald & Sun on Saturdays & Mondays. Less people read newspapers so they don't read about the Stamps like we read about the Bombers growing up. 

Very poor in game experience at the Stamps home games. CSEC took down the sound system before the season started & has no plans on replacing it. Fans have complained that they can't hear what is being said as all speakers are now at ground level now but like building a new stadium, they won't spend the money on a new sound system. CSEC knows the Stamps need a new stadium & a lot of the problems with attendance would be solved with a new building for the team but they refuse to spend a penny on a new facility for the Stamps. Thus, a new stadium will never get built. 

Ownership is a big concern with the thousand Stamps fans left.

38 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

I lost any feeling of empathy (and I would have none for them this season regardless) when they mocked Nichols injury. 

Hate the franchise, hate the fan base (even if a few are decent people), they are garbage. 

Spent $275,000 on Duke Williams. He ended up sitting out half the season & not just because of injuries. And was a **** on the field & on the sidelines. Terrible management of $$$ by O'Day. Williams was the ring leader of the Me First Movement on the Riders. He should have been sent packing after that incident on the sidelines on Labour Day to send a message to the other players who felt their actions were above those of their teammates & coaches. But Dickenson looked paralyzed & did nothing. Instead, Dickenson kept him off the field & when he was healthy. He was obviously benched but got paid his full salary.

4 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Yeah the Stamps are going to be critical before anyone realizes it if they don't step up. 

I've no idea why CSEC even owns the Stamps. 

4 hours ago, Geebrr said:

Flagship of failure franchises maybe 

it's a problem because he believes it, perpetuates it, then their fans believe it.

it's obviously not true, but all it does is just fuel more delusion in sask. a big reason rider fans are as clueless as they are is because their inundated with such bush league media in every direction

1 hour ago, Dr Zaius said:

it's a problem because he believes it, perpetuates it, then their fans believe it.

it's obviously not true, but all it does is just fuel more delusion in sask. a big reason rider fans are as clueless as they are is because their inundated with such bush league media in every direction

Exactly. Their media tells them this BS so when they’re as bad as they almost always are - it hits harder.

1 hour ago, greenrider55 said:

My uncle… Season ticket holder of over 30 years, not renewing his season tickets for next season. Said he’s not supporting them until they make major changes.

He said he’s seen some awful, awful teams, but this one is by far the worst.

Which is just stupid because this isn't anywhere close to the worst rider team... it's just that rider fans so deluded themselves into believing their team was better than it is. They feel the team was better so it must be something bad to have this kind of season. Everything we said about that team here came to pass... rider fans didn't want to hear it though. Objectively this is probably right where the riders should be... bubble playoff team. 

14 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Which is just stupid because this isn't anywhere close to the worst rider team... it's just that rider fans so deluded themselves into believing their team was better than it is. They feel the team was better so it must be something bad to have this kind of season. Everything we said about that team here came to pass... rider fans didn't want to hear it though. Objectively this is probably right where the riders should be... bubble playoff team. 

They may have more individual talent, but collectively, as a whole (players, coaches and management) this is the worst Rider team in living memory.