Queen Elizabeth Has Died

SpeedFlex27

11 minutes ago, Noeller said:

The song WAS God Save The King, at one point, no? Then it got changed for Lizzy... so now it would just change back again. 

Song was first introduced in 1745 when George II was King. Changed to God Save the Queen for Victoria after the run of 4 male monarchs ended. 

Re-branded as God Save the King when Edward VII took the throne, then another run of 4 male monarchs until Elizabeth II reverted the song back to God Save the Queen. 

Despite the lopsided number of male vs female monarchs (now 9-2) since the introduction of the song in September 1745, the word “Queen” has been used just under half the time, 134 years vs 143, thanks to the much longer reigns of Victoria and Elizabeth II compared to any of the men, save for  George III. 

16 hours ago, the watcher said:

So if there is someone I don't like , say the owner of a large multi national Corp, I should head to their funeral and  crack jokes and mock them ?  No , I wouldn't because it's insulting for mourners. The world needs alot more courtesy not more Maga style insults and mocking.

It will be interesting to see where he takes it. He certainly will be a supporter fighting climate change and  of the Green movement in general . But walking in her shoes is a tall order.

Correct me if I'm wrong. But is www.morningbigblue.com now a place where funerals are held? Or is it on the internet and a place were opinions are purposefully meant to be shared?

I personally don't understand the love of the royal family. Especially historically speaking...like...they ****** up a lot of ****.

5 minutes ago, blue_gold_84 said:

Imagine calling Viola Desmond obscure. That's some next level ignorance.

Sorry, I'd never heard of her in my life until they put her on the currency, placing her on the ten is just a knee jerk revision of our history.....as in, this is the way we wish it was, but really wasn't.

1 minute ago, Fatty Liver said:

Sorry, I'd never heard of her in my life until they put her on the currency, placing her on the ten is just a knee jerk revision of our history.....as in, this is the way we wish it was, but really wasn't.

"revision of our history" ...like when a person of colour contributed to NA society and it was either never spoken of or the credit was given to someone else (who was conveniently usually a person of european decent)? Like that kind of revisioned history? Is that what you mean?

12 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

"revision of our history" ...like when a person of colour contributed to NA society and it was either never spoken of or the credit was given to someone else (who was conveniently usually a person of european decent)? Like that kind of revisioned history? Is that what you mean?

What you are hoping for is a "correction of our history", sorry it didn't happen that way.

58 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

I personally don't understand the love of the royal family. Especially historically speaking...like...they ****** up a lot of ****.

Sure but they probably have had no real power for 250 years.

Also historically speaking a country like the USA would have been better off in the Commonwealth :D

Buckingham Palace banned ethnic minorities from office roles, papers reveal

The Queen’s courtiers banned “coloured immigrants or foreigners” from serving in clerical roles in the royal household until at least the late 1960s, according to newly discovered documents that will reignite the debate over the British royal family and race.

The documents also shed light on how Buckingham Palace negotiated controversial clauses – that remain in place to this day – exempting the Queen and her household from laws that prevent race and sex discrimination.

The papers were discovered at the National Archives as part of the Guardian’s ongoing investigation into the royal family’s use of an arcane parliamentary procedure, known as Queen’s consent, to secretly influence the content of British laws.

Exemptions from the law

In the 1960s government ministers sought to introduce laws that would make it illegal to refuse to employ an individual on the grounds of their race or ethnicity.

The Queen has remained personally exempted from those equality laws for more than four decades. The exemption has made it impossible for women or people from ethnic minorities working for her household to complain to the courts if they believe they have been discriminated against.

In a statement, Buckingham Palace did not dispute that the Queen had been exempted from the laws, adding that it had a separate process for hearing complaints related to discrimination. The palace did not respond when asked what this process consists of.

The exemption from the law was brought into force in the 1970s, when politicians implemented a series of racial and sexual equality laws to eradicate discrimination.

Queen’s consent

Some of the documents uncovered by the Guardian relate to the use of Queen’s consent, an obscure parliamentary mechanism through which the monarch grants parliament permission to debate laws that affect her and her private interests.

Buckingham Palace says the process is a mere formality, despite compelling evidence that the Queen has repeatedly used the power to secretly lobby ministers to amend legislation she does not like.

The newly discovered documents reveal how the Queen’s consent procedure was used to secretly influence the formation of the draft race relations legislation.

In 1968, the then home secretary, James Callaghan, and civil servants at the Home Office appear to have believed that they should not request Queen’s consent for parliament to debate the race relations bill until her advisers were satisfied it could not be enforced against her in the courts.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2021/jun/02/buckingham-palace-banned-ethnic-minorities-from-office-roles-papers-reveal

23 hours ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

The Jets should raise her giant portrait to the rafters for the start of this season. 

Would also expect the Bombers to have a moment of silence at the game this weekend. 

close enough

https://www.winnipegfreepress.com/breakingnews/2022/09/08/winnipeg-arena-queen-portrait-to-get-public-display?fbclid=IwAR13kMvwlsf1GIuS4Hyw77ai0ohJFySoWTrFU3xMpd7MgYUcnUYbS2uLekg

1 hour ago, Bigblue204 said:

Correct me if I'm wrong. But is www.morningbigblue.com now a place where funerals are held? Or is it on the internet and a place were opinions are purposefully meant to be shared?

Us peasants will never understand the Royals. Never have understood it myself and never will, same goes for Hollywood actors and Kardashians.. I'll never understand the love  

Perhaps being born Uber wealthy makes you a different person and it's hard for you to understand the plight of the regular Joe. 1 percent has 99 percent of the money 

Edited by Goalie

19 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Us peasants will never understand the Royals. Never have understood it myself and never will, same goes for Hollywood actors and Kardashians.. I'll never understand the love  

Perhaps being born Uber wealthy makes you a different person and it's hard for you to understand the plight of the regular Joe. 1 percent has 99 percent of the money 

21 minutes ago, Goalie said:

This can be applied to any social or economic class.