Queen Elizabeth Has Died

SpeedFlex27

6 hours ago, Wideleft said:

I'm an atheist who celebrates Christmas.  I'd take a day off for the Queen's funeral.  Hell, I even take Victoria Day off every year.

May as well add Good Friday and maybe Louis Riel day to your list. Yep, no sense being a hypocrite and skipping the Queen's mourning day.

😁😁

On 2022-09-12 at 5:25 PM, SpeedFlex27 said:

There were as thousands migrated along the Oregon & California Trails or into Texas (which was under Mexican control) but the real push out west came with the Iron Horse in the 1870's.

All I know about the old west is that the Duttons made it to Montana in 1883. 

1 hour ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

All I know about the old west is that the Duttons made it to Montana in 1883. 

You have some reading to catch up on. 

15 hours ago, Noeller said:

for us it was O Canada and God Save The Queen every morning in elementary school. I think in HS it was O Canada. In the AB town I'm currently in, the middle school does O Canada every morning at 9am. So it's still a thing, to a degree. 

It should be. Kids need to know of the sacrifices other generations made for real freedom. having to sing O'Canada everyday for 12  years was okay to me. 

14 hours ago, Brandon said:

I fully support this move and would even suggest making it two days long :D 

Not every business or government dept can just shut down with a day or two's notice. My wife is an Oncology Nurse at the Holy Cross Medical Centre in Calgary which is run by Alberta Health Services. The Provincial government hasn't decided to shut down for the Queen's funeral on Monday.

There are radiation & chemotherapy treatments already scheduled for that day. They just can't be cancelled. People have elective surgeries booked in hospitals in Red Deer, Ft McMurray, Edmonton & Calgary. Some prople have waited years for hips or replacement knees. It would be totally unfair to cancel any of these surgeries. 

People have dentist & doctor's appointments, chiropractic as well as physiotherapy appointments booked for Monday. A lot of small businesses have suffered thru health restrictions since 2020. Some are still teetering on the brink. Financially even closing for one day could be catastrophic for some in the hospitality industry.

I hope Kenney doesn't shut things down here in Alberta as it'll be chaos. Especially in healthcare. I don't think Queen Elizabeth would have wanted any of that to happen because of her. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

1 hour ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Not every business or government dept can just shut down with a day or two's notice. My wife is an Oncology Nurse at the Holy Cross Medical Centre in Calgary which is run by Alberta Health Services. The Provincial government hasn't decided to shut down for the Queen's funeral on Monday.

There are radiation & chemotherapy treatments already scheduled for that day. They just can't be cancelled. People have elective surgeries booked in hospitals in Red Deer, Ft McMurray, Edmonton & Calgary. Some prople have waited years for hips or replacement knees. It would be totally unfair to cancel any of these surgeries. 

People have dentist & doctor's appointments, chiropractic as well as physiotherapy appointments booked for Monday. A lot of small businesses have suffered thru health restrictions since 2020. Some are still teetering on the brink. Financially even closing for one day could be catastrophic for some in the hospitality industry.

I hope Kenney doesn't shut things down here in Alberta as it'll be chaos. Especially in healthcare. I don't think Queen Elizabeth would have wanted any of that to happen because of her. 

I was being sarcastic hence the smiley face.   

Sister says it's pretty much impossible right now in London. Never has seen anything like it in person and we were all so very young when princess Diana died so the memories aren't as strong. I remember princess Diana dying a little cuz we were at the lake with the grandparents and all 3 or 5 channels we got at the time was talking about it. I was actually not happy that The Wrestling show wasn't on lol