Back 2 Back Champs @ Saskatchewan: The LDC GDT

Noeller

59 minutes ago, Nolby said:

And this was with a heavily depleted line up,no chance Riders are winning any of their next 2 games in Winnipeg. What a next man up performance on D

I mean, obviously they have no chance against us at home - but I don't think we can call this a heavily depleted team - the injuries have happened and will continue to happen.

I don't think we're going to see our pre-season roster in 2022. 

14 minutes ago, Jesse said:

I mean, obviously they have no chance against us at home - but I don't think we can call this a heavily depleted team - the injuries have happened and will continue to happen.

I don't think we're going to see our pre-season roster in 2022. 

Agree to disagree? On our 2nd SAM (Rutledge Jr a huge find) 3rd WIL, 4th safety, 4th boundary corner because Glass couldn’t cut it and now Houston and Rene out so Rose moves back and struggling hard… add a pretty raw Parker on the field corner.  Back up centre, missing Ellingson, Agudosi, Couture out for this game… even special teams has to be considered depleted because a lot of those same back ups of back ups would be doing foot soldier duty.

If Bombers could field the roster with those guys playing, it’s much closer to 2021 domination imho.

Edited by BigBlueFanatic
Lotta hurt guys

Just now, BigBlueFanatic said:

Agree to disagree? On our 3rd WIL, 4th safety, 4th boundary corner because Glass couldn’t cut it and now Houston and Rene out so Rose moves back and struggling hard… add a pretty raw Parker on the field corner.  Back up centre, missing Ellingson, Agudosi, Couture out for this game… even special teams has to be considered depleted because a lot of those same back ups of back ups would be doing foot soldier duty.

If Bombers could field the roster with those guys playing, it’s much closer to 2021 domination imho.

I agree with you on our injuries. We're fielding a second team at this point.

I just don't expect to get much improved. This is the team we have right right now. So, it is what it is?

5 minutes ago, Jesse said:

I agree with you on our injuries. We're fielding a second team at this point.

I just don't expect to get much improved. This is the team we have right right now. So, it is what it is?

Totally fair.  Definitely looking forward to seeing what improvements we see as Couture and BA make their way back on the field… after that I would think fingers crossed we get Ellingson back and tuned up before playoffs.  Hopefully Grant isn’t away for too long either.

1 minute ago, BigBlueFanatic said:

Totally fair.  Definitely looking forward to seeing what improvements we see as Couture and BA make their way back on the field… after that I would think fingers crossed we get Ellingson back and tuned up before playoffs.  Hopefully Grant isn’t away for too long either.

Think we might want to give Bighill a few weeks off sooner than later too.

3 hours ago, Booch said:

Yup...wonder if their will be some league discipline ...2 losers...coached by one

Beginning to think Dickenson will be replaced at season end. Maas probably as well.

36 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Think we might want to give Bighill a few weeks off sooner than later too.

Our linebacking corps is decimated to the point it seems high school football players are subbing in. 

Asa fan, I wish I could read or hear the sentence, "The Bombers are starting to get healthy."

Courtesy of 3DN

Garrett Marino hit Zach Collaros late in the fourth quarter after the veteran quarterback had already gotten rid of the football. Mike O’Shea told CJOB 680 after the game that he hadn’t seen the hit, though the official he spoke to indicated that it wasn’t severe enough to draw a flag for unnecessary roughness.

4 hours ago, greenrider55 said:

Now that I’ve *somewhat* calmed down, that was an excellent game. Enjoyed watching it to the end. Good game fellas, cheers.

seriously man, I think it goes a different way if duke keeps his mouth shut.  Riders had found another gear, they were moving the ball at will on that drive, and all things being equal they needed just another FG to beat us.

9 hours ago, johnzo said:

seriously man, I think it goes a different way if duke keeps his mouth shut.  Riders had found another gear, they were moving the ball at will on that drive, and all things being equal they needed just another FG to beat us.

There were several pivotal plays in the game and the Duke stupidity was only one of them. Richie Hall made enough adjustments at the half to stymie the Rider offence, but the biggest problem for the Bombers was the anemic offence and slow start.

15 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

My guess he was heavily influenced by some of his coaches and players as some were absolutely losing their minds on the sidelines. Not an excuse but be needs to manage that better.

In Regina, the tails wag the dog. And yes, there are SOB's on that team.

24 minutes ago, Stickem said:

I just waited patiently for Faj to dish one up.....he finally did and at a critical time....The play that was called was moronic (good for us) and the guy that delivered the interception is the qual;ity of qb. we have come to know....Game and set

Yup...its a given any game has gonna throw up a Faj...and he did...and a lot of his passes he made were high and allowed defendes to minimize the gain...will give him props he made a few good tosses...but that's not the norm..and is reason he is the Faj and not championship calibre QB.

Majority of their "big" pass plays came off sandlot effort..and dropped coverage...miscues in a secondary can be fixed...sandlot football isnt a sustained success plan...let's se how he does on the road...in the IG environment...if they had won I was seeing a competitive game...they didnt ..so I see a real beat down coming..especially if we get some troops back

Rider fans blaming Maas for Fajardo being useless.

Not a huge fan of Maas, but he's a pretty good OC, as good as there's been in the league for past decade.  See his previous work.  Can't handle being head coach for sure.

QB can't make a 10 yard throw to a wide-open guy vs a blitz.  It's a one read play but Fajardo stares into the line for two seconds for his first read and gets happy feet.

9 minutes ago, Booch said:

Yup...its a given any game has gonna throw up a Faj...and he did...and a lot of his passes he made were high and allowed defendes to minimize the gain...will give him props he made a few good tosses...but that's not the norm..and is reason he is the Faj and not championship calibre QB.

Majority of their "big" pass plays came off sandlot effort..and dropped coverage...miscues in a secondary can be fixed...sandlot football isnt a sustained success plan...let's se how he does on the road...in the IG environment...if they had won I was seeing a competitive game...they didnt ..so I see a real beat down coming..especially if we get some troops back

Pretty big miscues in pass rush too in terms of staying in rush lanes and keeping Fajardo contained.  Need to emphasize that.  Rather let the guy wilt and spin in pocket for 5 seconds than sprint out and get his eyes downfield again.

8 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Rider fans blaming Maas for Fajardo being useless.

Not a huge fan of Maas, but he's a pretty good OC, as good as there's been in the league for past decade.  See his previous work.  Can't handle being head coach for sure.

QB can't make a 10 yard throw to a wide-open guy vs a blitz.  It's a one read play but Fajardo stares into the line for two seconds for his first read and gets happy feet.

Pretty big miscues in pass rush too in terms of staying in rush lanes and keeping Fajardo contained.  Need to emphasize that.  Rather let the guy wilt and spin in pocket for 5 seconds than sprint out and get his eyes downfield again.

That play call though was ridiculous. You are already well into field goal range and youve been gashing us with the run all game. Why in sweet f*** do you throw a pass there?? Dont get me wrong, ill take it lol, but to call that there was asinine.

Edited by Bubba Zanetti

5 minutes ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

That play call though was ridiculous. You are already well into field goal range and youve been gashing us with the run all game. Why in sweet f*** do you throw a pass there?? Dont get me wrong, ill take it lol, but to call that there was asinine.

That's for sure. Just run the ball twice, eat the clock, go up by 2, and make us win the game with less than a minute on the clock.

14 minutes ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

The call was fine.  Fajardo just didn't have the stones to stand in there vs the rush to deliver the ball even when he knows it's coming.  He panics and throws late.  Fajardo never even looks downfield, he's got Evans wide-open on a dig on the play side as Bighill reacts to Hickson.  Aren't going to win **** with such shitty quarterbacking.

8 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

That's for sure. Just run the ball twice, eat the clock, go up by 2, and make us win the game with less than a minute on the clock.

Would be more like 1:25-1:30 since Bombers had a timeout.

Think Riders were right to go for TD there.  Too much time left.  FG only puts them up by 1, it was 20-18.

Edited by JuranBoldenRules

agree it was a terrible play call and a terrible throw, but also give some credit to our pass rush for that final pick -- we only rushed four but WJ got around his guy clean and Fajardo tried to step up but Sayles had crushed the pocket. 

the Riders were blocking six vs. four and still couldn't keep the Faj tidy.

Edited by johnzo